shape
carat
color
clarity

Mens wedding band help!

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Hey guys/girls,

have not posted on here for a pretty long time now... Anyways me and my wife tied the knot on Saturday.

A few hours after the ceremony I started to notice that my wedding band was starting to get really marked up. This seemed odd to me since it is 14k and my other 14K ring (purchased 4 years ago) still looks brand new.

I took it to the jeweler (they primarily manufacture jewelery however this was ordered in from one of the collections they carry), and they agreed that it should not have as much wear and tear as it does for only being worn for 2 days. They "refinished" the ring to give it a more durability. The only issue is now I am not a fan of the ring. I picked it up yesterday and have worn it for a day. The rough finish actually irritates both of my fingers.

Anyways here is a picture of the ring before and after... let me know what you guys/girls think. I am going back to the Jewelers today. Also does anyone have any idea who makes this ring?

ring1_0.jpg

photo%20(7).jpg

cdndman

Rough_Rock
Spoke to the Jeweler, they will be sending the ring back. They haver re-ordered in 10K to ensure it does not do that again.

ValentinesJewelryDesign

Rough_Rock
Trade
It looks like the first finish you had was a satin finish and they applied a stone ground finish. The satin finish, regardless of what karat gold you use, will show scratches faster than any other surface....even faster than high polish. The reason for this is that most scratches are high polish at the bottom of the scratch.....so it will actually blend in better than on a satin finish. The stone ground finish is rougher and actually has some high polish qualities on some of the deeper cuts. Overall, I'd say that you might want to stay away from a satin finish if you work with your hands at all. I hope this helps!

Matt

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
You might like a tungsten carbide ring. My fiance proposed to me with one and it never ever scratched and always stay super shiny. They are quite inexpensive as well.

cdndman

Rough_Rock
They re-ordered the piece...

So far so good (I don't use my hands for work.. well I do but I'm an accountant...)

The issue wasn't that it was getting scratched the ring itself was getting deformed... like notches pushed into it...

which just didn't make any sense considering I wasn't even doing anything other then opening gifts the day after the wedding....

If i could find the same ring in a harder metal then I 100% would buy it... but I have not seen another ring like this...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results