shape
carat
color
clarity

Men''s wedding band - with or without diamonds?

ojai00

Rough_Rock
I have a little more than one month left before our wedding and I still need to pick out a wedding band. I am leaning towards a plain white gold one but my jeweler suggested one with a diamond in it. He said that once you see the ring with the diamond in it, you''ll be glad you got it that way. What are your guys thoughts on that? I''m looking at about a 5mm ring width. Thanks in advance for any input!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2010 8:53:50 PM
Author:ojai00
I have a little more than one month left before our wedding and I still need to pick out a wedding band. I am leaning towards a plain white gold one but my jeweler suggested one with a diamond in it. He said that once you see the ring with the diamond in it, you''ll be glad you got it that way. What are your guys thoughts on that? I''m looking at about a 5mm ring width. Thanks in advance for any input!
then he need a 5mm diamond.
2.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
I`m not usually a fan of diamonds in men`s wedding bands either - but it is certainly up to you! have you tried any on?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
No objections from me, but your jeweller is probably just trying to make some extra money on your purchase. I''ve seen nice bands both, with and without a stone, so it''s just a matter of one''s taste. If you don''t have any gemstones and you''d like to some day have one, maybe that''s the perfect opportunity to give them a go.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 3/30/2010 8:53:50 PM
Author:ojai00
Wait a second - he wants you to buy a diamond band without actually showing you one? You need a new jeweler.

ojai00

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot for the feedback everyone! I''ll be sure to browse through the links. Since I never thought of myself as a diamond wearer, I didn''t want to try any on. Now that it''s crunch time, I just found myself thinking "what if..." I''m just trying to keep my options open at the moment although I''m still leaning towards a band without a stone.

As for this line "He said that once you see the ring with the diamond in it, you''ll be glad you got it that way" I just reread it and I meant to say "once you wear the ring" not "once you see the ring." Sorry for the misunderstanding!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s totally a personal preference thing. DH has a plain band now, but he really likes the style of a baguette set into a plain band for a guy. He may get one down the road. Try some on and see what you think.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Personally I''m not a fan of diamonds in men''s bands (though I have seen some very nice exceptions). It depends on the man''s taste.

RaiKai

Brilliant_Rock
Totally a matter of personal preference! My DH has a very blingy ring with diamond and sapphire pave and loves it as it is unusual and has a Middle Eastern flair to it in his mind!

He gets lots of compliments on it...but certainly a plain band can be just as stunning! He tried on many plain ones as well.

The good thing about a small diamond in a mans band is you can always rotate it around to wear it plain or blingy as your mood fits!

Toastie

Rough_Rock
Trade
I like them, my boyfriend doesn''t. And as its his ring and he has let me choose mine, its no diamond all the way. He wants a platinum 5mm plain one.

Also i''m not a bloke but couldnt help putting my 2cents in...

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
DH has a ring with two grooves and two tiny trillions. He chose trillions over baguettes b/c "nobody else would have it." Of course, trillions aren''t known for their brilliance, and DH once said, "why aren''t my diamonds sparkly?"...sigh. But, if he were to turn the ring to its back side, it looks like a band with just two grooves in it as a different design element. That way, if he gets bored with the diamonds, he can have a different look.

To each his own. I would have put a different type of diamond in his band, but, I''m not him and I''m not wearing it.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never been a big fan of the traditional mens rings with diamonds -too blingy for my taste. however, my DH wanted diamonds in his ring and that''s what he got!

I actually really love it - and he gets a lot of compliments on it too!

DH Diamond Ring

LadyMaria

Brilliant_Rock
Take into consideration how often you wear it (will you be the type who never takes it off, or will you take it off for safekeeping when mowing the yar) and what you do on a daily basis. My DH wanted a plain yellow gold ring. He works in a lab setting and is constantly getting his hands dirty, sometimes chemicals spill on his hands, etc. He NEVER takes it off so he wanted as plain and simple as possible, nothing to catch or snag and no extra crevices to hide dirt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results