shape
carat
color
clarity

Lost my pendant, but bought a new necklace!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 6:07:54 PM
Author: FacetFire
Oh, my! I''m sorry I missed this. I''m still crossing my fingers that you''ll find your old necklace...but wow...that new one looks stunning on you!

Thanks, FacetFire!
Did I miss the thread with your ring?!?! I''ve been MIA for so long I can''t remember. But, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that photo! The color is just AMAZING!
30.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 8:42:22 PM
Author: Sundial
That is so awful that you lost your solitaire pendant researcher, but I have to say that your new necklace is just stunning!!!

Thanks, Sundial! I am having fun wearing it, only I think I now really want the matching bracelet to wear on my right wrist. The problem is I also want a princess cut tennis bracelet to match my e-ring and w-band. My poor hubby! I keep promising him I''ll stop taking about diamonds but the obsession never ends! At least he has the same problem when it comes to his hobbies.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too am sorry about the loss of the first pendant - but your new necklace is beautiful!

Very classy, very elegant - enjoy! I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you that the first one turns up too!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 11:48:31 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
I too am sorry about the loss of the first pendant - but your new necklace is beautiful!

Very classy, very elegant - enjoy! I''ll keep my fingers crossed for you that the first one turns up too!

Thank you so much! It really does mean a lot to me
35.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 11:40:38 PM
Author: researcher

That is so awful that you lost your solitaire pendant researcher, but I have to say that your new necklace is just stunning!!!

Thanks, Sundial! I am having fun wearing it, only I think I now really want the matching bracelet to wear on my right wrist. The problem is I also want a princess cut tennis bracelet to match my e-ring and w-band. My poor hubby! I keep promising him I''ll stop taking about diamonds but the obsession never ends! At least he has the same problem when it comes to his hobbies.
You need the matching bracelet for your right wrist and a princess cut one for the left to match your gorgeous rings!!!
3.gif
And isn''t it interesting how our husbands think their hobbies are somehow so much more logical and necessary than jewelry!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2006 10:25:50 AM

You need the matching bracelet for your right wrist and a princess cut one for the left to match your gorgeous rings!!!
3.gif
And isn''t it interesting how our husbands think their hobbies are somehow so much more logical and necessary than jewelry!

I love how you used the word "need"--my mom also said I NEED the bracelets because she said it will complete the look
31.gif
And yes, it is interesting how they think their hobbies are more logical and necessary than jewelry. We just ended up selling a sailboat that barely got wet, yet now my hubby said he misses the boat and wants another one!!! Men. At least I wear my jewelry.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 11:31:19 PM

Date: 7/21/2006 4:59:58 PM
Author: hlmr
So sorry to hear about your pendant researcher! It is so hard to lose something with so much sentimental value.

Your new necklace is absoutely gorgeous on you!!!!
30.gif

Thanks, Sweetie!
It is hard, but at least it was just something material. I''ll get over it eventually
1.gif

How is your handsome boy doing? Is he enjoying his summer break?
Hi again!!
35.gif

I know it is hard, and you will think of it less and less, but never forget entirely. I lost a beautiful broach that belonged to Mom about six months after she died, and I still feel so badly about it.
7.gif

My handsome boy is huge and doing very well, thanks so much for asking!!! He loves being off for the summer break and will be going into grade seven in the fall!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I can genuinely relate to the pc bracelet--the vendor who sold me my new PC ER (anni upgrade) had a 12 carat pc diamond bracelet--G VS stones and it was MAD beautiful----simply to die for; but alas when I went back for another look, someone had picked that baby up!!! It was a huge sparkler!!!

cheers--Sharon

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m sorry you lost your pendant. Congratulations on your beautiful new necklace - I can''t think of a better consolation!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2006 10:37:54 AM
Date: 7/21/2006 11:31:19 PM

Date: 7/21/2006 4:59:58 PM

So sorry to hear about your pendant researcher! It is so hard to lose something with so much sentimental value.

Your new necklace is absoutely gorgeous on you!!!!
30.gif

Thanks, Sweetie!

It is hard, but at least it was just something material. I''ll get over it eventually
1.gif

How is your handsome boy doing? Is he enjoying his summer break?

Hi again!!
35.gif

I know it is hard, and you will think of it less and less, but never forget entirely. I lost a beautiful broach that belonged to Mom about six months after she died, and I still feel so badly about it.
7.gif

My handsome boy is huge and doing very well, thanks so much for asking!!! He loves being off for the summer break and will be going into grade seven in the fall!

That''s right, I remember you mentioning the brooch before. I hate being attached to a material object, but it really is the meaning behind it that is hard to let go of. I get SOOOO many more compliments on my new necklace, but with each one it''s just a reminder of what I lost.

But enough about that. I''m so glad your boy is doing so well! He''s such a handsome child, and destined for great things. I''m glad he''s enjoying the summer to its fullest.
36.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2006 12:02:46 PM
Author: canuk-gal

HI:

I can genuinely relate to the pc bracelet--the vendor who sold me my new PC ER (anni upgrade) had a 12 carat pc diamond bracelet--G VS stones and it was MAD beautiful----simply to die for; but alas when I went back for another look, someone had picked that baby up!!! It was a huge sparkler!!!

cheers--Sharon

12 carats?!?!
10.gif
That must''ve been blinding!!! Now how did I manage to miss your upgrade? I''m gonna have to look that thread up!

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2006 12:35:30 PM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I''m sorry you lost your pendant. Congratulations on your beautiful new necklace - I can''t think of a better consolation!

Thanks!
35.gif
It was really hard to concentrate in my meeting today because my necklace caught the light coming through the window and was reflecting off every surface. I could even see the reflection in the glasses of the man across from me and therefore kept staring!
9.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2006 11:25:05 PM

Date: 7/21/2006 10:40:48 AM
Author: sumbride

Date: 7/20/2006 5:54:52 PM

I SOOO completely understand your ''more real'' comment as I did not post my loss here either--until I bought this new necklace (and I''m still holding out hope every time I go to PT that it will be there waiting for me). Your pendant sounds like it was beautiful, and that, like mine, it''s the sentimental part that can''t be replaced. Even though I do love the reactions I''ve received in the short period of time I''ve had my necklace my pendant was, well, perfect. And now it just seems to trendy to buy one. I dunno.

I love your idea of having your BF propose with a new pendant. That is the most wonderful idea ever! I know my hubby or parents will get me a new pendant for my 30th birthday so I can again have something special. I mean, a diamond necklace is always nice, but I''m the type who would wear a spaghetti necklace everyday if a child made one for me. You''re one smart girl to not just go out and get yourself a new necklace--it really is not the same no matter how much you may like it.

Thanks! I''m just hoping he does! He was teasing me about it by saying ''You mean I have to buy you a necklace AND a ring??? UGH!'' But I''m hoping he likes the idea as much as I do because he was a bit floored when I specified that he could/should propose without a ring. He''s adjusted to the idea now, but it took a while! I just wish he''d hurry it up not just for the ring and the enagement, but so I can have my necklace again too!!! Ha. I''m a serious lady in waiting here! Of course, I could always show him YOUR necklace and say ''how about something like that instead?!'' but I think he''d have a heart attack! $300 vs whatever that could possibly go for... He''d realize how easy he has it!

I''m sure he will go for it. How could he not? And that boy does need to get on the ball or he''s going to have a bunch of random PSers emailing him photos of necklaces and diamonds that will increase in tcw and price as the days go by!
31.gif
Seriously, I love the pendant idea because you will always have something to wear close to your heart to remind you of the day he proposed. Make sure he knows the importance of that, of the fact that, when your fingers swell from pregnancy (if you have kids) or you go on vacation and have to leave your rings at home, you will always have your pendant to wear. What could be more perfect?!?!
Hey Researcher! Just wanted to let you know he DID it and I now have my lovely pendant back with new memories!!!

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/woo-hoo-were-engaged.49003/

Sum

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Researcher, you probably already did this, but did you look in every crevice of your car? I still have my fingers crossed that it will turn up for you. Strange things happen sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results