shape
carat
color
clarity

Jewelry that can transform from earring, to pendant to bracelet etc?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Minda

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Newbie here. I love jewelry items that can be used multi ways as I can get so much mileage out of them. For example, earrings with removable dangles (for day or night looks), pendants that are detachable or necklaces that double up as bracelets.

Do you have any such jewelry? If so, I would love to see them.

Would also appreciate if you could suggest which designer does such jewelry and where I could look.

Thank you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Minda, welcome to PS! Here is a picture of my sapphire earrings that I just had modified so I could do exactly what you are describing. The bottom section is removable and when attached to jump rings can be worn as danglies on my diamond hoops or with my diamond studs. If I needed to, I could also wear one of the bottom sections as a pendant. The top sections can also be worn seperately and when put all together they make for some pretty blingy earrings.
9.gif

I had my local jeweler modify these so I can''t help you with designers that do this type of jewelry other than I know that Calla Cut Diamonds used to offer a convertable ring to pendant option. You might check them out.

cmsblusapphireearrings010.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent the last several days searching for some earrings to use with removable dangles or earring charms. I would like plain white gold huggies so that the dangles can be fancy or plain or organic style. No luck yet. Many of the huggies are too thick and the hoops I've seen just aren't quite right.

That aside designer "Jude Francis" has some diamond huggie hoops and a whole bunch of charms to hang on them. So does "Beverly K" whose best prices can be found at PS vendor Pearlmans. And of course White Flash has some diamond hoops that would probably work.

HTH

ETA: Pandora also has some earrings and charms. While I like some of their charms the earrings aren't what I'm looking for. But you might like them.
9.gif

Minda

Rough_Rock
How clever is this! Gorgeous earrings. Would you mind taking a close up of the snap that detaches from the earrings? Just wondering how it works. Thank you so much.

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Stonehunter, I love the ones from Jude Frances. I had something like that in my mind but hadn''t seen them in a photo. Thanks for sharing!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Minda! The bottom sections are on little s-shaped hooks that hook over a jump ring when I want to wear them seperately. The jump ring comes off and they hook onto the rest of the earring when I want to wear them as one piece. Here is a close up shot of the hook. I''m sorry that it''s a little blurry.
Date: 2/4/2010 6:48:18 PM
Author: Minda
How clever is this! Gorgeous earrings. Would you mind taking a close up of the snap that detaches from the earrings? Just wondering how it works. Thank you so much.

cmsblusapphireearrings12.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is just so totally cool that you were able to have this done.
9.gif

How big in mm is that jump ring?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Stone Hunter! The jump ring is about 4mm. Next time I''m back at my jeweler I''m going to see if he has the next size down and see if that works. I''d like them to be a little smaller but still be able to handle them.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Funny...great minds think alike! After seeing some earrings and charms at a Brighton store, which sells silver jewelry, I decided to do a bit better than that. Santa promised me some diamond channel set earrings which I could use to make some earring charms, and my jeweler found me some this past week. I wanted thin, and oval so that they would dangle nicely. I also wanted huggie-style earrings and found some close, here is what I got.

DiamondHoopsSakos  743.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Another shot

DiamondHoopsSakos  742.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t remember which catalog they came from, but I can probably find out if you are interested in something like this. My ears are pierced high so I needed something close to 3/4 of an inch long rather than the 1/2 inch which many huggie style earrings come in at. I have a pair of nice "yin/yang" cut amethysts that will be the first charms for them.

Laura

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I had some amethyst briolettes set so they could be used either as a pendant, or as earrings. Link I liked the idea so much, I have had more drops set for use with these pieces.

AmTrio6810.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The same drop as an earring.

AmEar6868.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My blue chalcedony drops on the pendant, with a close up of the tiny lobster clasps that make this whole idea work. The designer ordered several size clasps from the catalog, but these were absolutely the perfect size, and hardly noticable.

Blue6869.JPG

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Love the briolettes! Is the source online? I had not thought about a necklace too...but that is a wonderful idea.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fly Girl, your briolettes are beautiful! I love that you can wear them as earrings and as a necklace.
36.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Largosmom -- Way to go! Very nice. Did you start a thread for the earrings and charms?

Flygirl -- you are such an inspiration.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results