shape
carat
color
clarity

initials in the setting - ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I would like some photos whith initials in the settings.

I am designing a ring with an A/S incorporated. The top of the A will become the central claw. The ring is a 3 stone 40/50/40.

It will help a lot if I could see some examples - not to rip off, but for ideas.

I know that some fairly upmarket brands like to use their branding in their designs. I need to design a ring with my clients initials. I have my ideas set so far, but I think I should check out other peoples works and see how they went about making it work, just in case I can offer them more.

Unfortunately I don''t know of any designs off hand.

Phillip

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry I don't have a photo of anything like that but I just wanted to say that its funny that you're asking this. I just drew a three stone setting last night with my first initial, h2b's first initial and the last name initial for what my last name will be when we finally get married. I think it would look really beautiful.

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Pricescope gets so many viewers I guess the chances of two people voicing the same idea is not so impossible,D4M

I am really excited about the idea too.

You''ll have to send me the drawings
10.gif

Phillip

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is something else... one wedding ring by Charlotte Atelier comes with words engraved and colored with enamel half insize half outside the band. At first view, the parts of letters on the outside make a model of sorts. It seems a good way to keep the personal side of the jewel ''secret''
5.gif

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Wow! I had the same idea as well! For the custom e-ring I''m trying to have made, I wanted to have my girlfriend''s initials placed somewhere on the setting in cursive script a la the w-prong or x-prong style. I couldn''t find any examples though in order to convey what was being done. If anyone has any pictures, I would love to see them as well!

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2005 4:58:46 AM
Author: Platinumsmith
Pricescope gets so many viewers I guess the chances of two people voicing the same idea is not so impossible,D4M

I am really excited about the idea too.

You''ll have to send me the drawings
10.gif

Phillip
I will! They aren''t very fancy but more simple. Its more like what I normally wear. I''ll scan them in as soon as I get back from my appointment and send them to you.
1.gif

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
From that link above for EngraverDave, I was looking at some of the pics, and EngraverDave is one sneaky dude! In this ring here, he placed an initial under the setting. There''s a K, presumably for the owner, Kristin. This one is giving me ideas.... Interesting! I never thought to put it there...

kristinunderside-finished.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
and maybe that''s an S under the cathedral

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I like the ''K''. It is definately a nice touch. Talk about custom design
31.gif

Engraver Dave doesn''t miss any real estate when he puts his engraving skills in full force
9.gif

Phillip

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
This is so exciting. I can''t wait to see what you create!
1.gif

katz

Rough_Rock
Wow, that engraved ring with the "K" is gorgeous!

Platinumsmith, your idea sounds very interesting. I am trying to picture it. Do you mean that there will be an "A" on either side of the center stone serving as prongs?
I once saw a ring on here, probably in the ring picture gallery, that incorporated the initials MM. When you viewed the ring from the side, the prongs of the 3-stone ring made the shape of two M''s. It was subtle and very pretty. The young gentleman came up with the idea all by himself and then had somebody design it. I''m sure his fiancee loved the sentiment! Initials add such a nice personal touch.
Kat

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Kat,

We are in the initial design stages. He may have new ideas. I have briefed him and he seems to be very creative so I don''t know what we will do.

I have to play with the ''A'' prong idea in metal because there are few too many unknowns at this point. Perhaps the A will stretch too far and look distorted, or the S will be too small in comparison.

My client designed the A/S as a logo and I want to stick with that if I can. Originally they asked for a pircing, but 50pt''s small for a piercing. It is his taste I need to define, not mine so things could change completely between now and the completion.

Having said that, I had better rush because I am seeing him soon.

D4M There will be two different initial rings made for different people if things to go to plan. One of them posts here so you might see that one, but the other doesn''t. I will upload it for my web site but I am a bit swamped with bench work and there is quite a long list of things to do...

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/26/2005 7:23:56 PM
Author: Platinumsmith
Kat,

We are in the initial design stages. He may have new ideas. I have briefed him and he seems to be very creative so I don''t know what we will do.

I have to play with the ''A'' prong idea in metal because there are few too many unknowns at this point. Perhaps the A will stretch too far and look distorted, or the S will be too small in comparison.

My client designed the A/S as a logo and I want to stick with that if I can. Originally they asked for a pircing, but 50pt''s small for a piercing. It is his taste I need to define, not mine so things could change completely between now and the completion.

Having said that, I had better rush because I am seeing him soon.

D4M There will be two different initial rings made for different people if things to go to plan. One of them posts here so you might see that one, but the other doesn''t. I will upload it for my web site but I am a bit swamped with bench work and there is quite a long list of things to do...
Chop chop, you! Where''s my whip?
31.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
I get that a lot D4M, if there were 10 of me it would still be the same.

An update.
The A''s will be created in the setting. The three settings are akin to the Tiffany 6 claw but we will use 4 claws, therefore the ''A''s are on the outside and they are more accentuated then the Tiffany style. My client likes 80, 20, 20 now, and they are trying combinations to find what they love, but with my practical concern in mind, that the closer the sizes, the better.

We are going for two tones. Two gold wedding bands, plat'' centre. The gold bands are joined at the base with a ''G'' and inlaid into the plat band so the three can ''snap'' together. The S will be gold so it balances quite well. The top of the S will be high enough to add some structure. There will be 4 white claws coming up from the S. This will be done to create a flow between the stones and to avoid having a shared prong between the stones.

I''ll let you know if things change.

Cheers,

Phillip

Diamonds4Me

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, how unique!

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Any updates? I''m curious how the A and S are turning out...

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my unintentional "M" ring which is the initial for my first name. I''d noticed it only after the fact.

MariaRing.JPG

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, nice lucky accident.

Chinchy the guy (Tony) is going ahead. It took a while for them to decide on diamond sizes and I know that they shoped all over Melbourne. Now it is 80, 20, 20.

I have made the settings by hand to represent the 'A' part of the design. The S will be gold and constitute the cross section of the 'A'. There are three rings and a 'G' will act as an interlocking devise for the three at the base of the bands.

All that is left is that I finish the master pattern and they choose the centre diamond from Sarin reports etc.

Cheers,

Phillip

Chinchy

Rough_Rock
Just an update. I had Phillip Schmidt (PlatinumSmith) make a custom e-ring, incorporating the initials into the design. Hidden under the center diamond, in yellow gold is a JL for my fiancee''s initials, both before and after we get married.

DSCN9042_50.jpg

It is my own custom design wherein the J is rotated 180 degrees to form the L.

Phillip''s the best! :D

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it! What a great way to make her e-ring even MORE special. It is like a secret only you both know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results