shape
carat
color
clarity

Inexpensive replica of your own rings?

julesxxxooo

Rough_Rock
My future husband and I just purchased our wedding rings and my E-ring online. The ering is still in production but I have received the wedding band. It's a 7 stone band (.70 ct tw) from James Allen that I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE!! It something I'm not going to want to take off but since the wedding ring alone is appraised at 3500, the practical side of me has turned into a worry wart and I'm not even wearing it yet! The ering is the matched band but 6 side stones and a 1ct center stone.

I spend a lot of time at the beach and camping in the summer and being outdoors doing outdoorsy things where it's not a great idea to wear expensive jewelry. So I'm trying to find a way to have my setting replicated without it costing nearly as much as the original, while still looking like it is! Has anyone here done this? If so, where?

This is my wedding band for reference (btw, I love that JA provides this personal ring page for your purchases!!)
http://www.jamesallen.com/sre9812070JT/

Thanks in advance!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would give Wink of HPD a call as he also has an entire business of "travel" jewelry involving simulants in addition to his diamond sales.

kellydean

Rough_Rock
yes ..I actually have a replica of my 3 carat emerald cut solitaire in a CZ. I wear it sometimes ( mostly to justify buying it ..lol) but I like having it for travel. although the only place we went this year I really wanted to show off my treasure so I took the real thing.. but it is good to know I have it.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why not buy a simple plain wedding band to wear when you are not wearing the set? It seems to me that a CZ version would minimize the meaning of the original ring set. Also if you are doing rough activities you are likely to damage the CZ set too. I travel around the world and I leave my ER in the bank vault. I miss it -big time- but I know it is safe. I do not wear any bling-CZ or otherwise because I feel I coud be a target-theives can't tell the difference when they are holding you up. Plus, I like to shop and bargain and if I am wearing bling the seller may try to get a higher price. Finally, on my travels I am always on the look out for a special piece to keep my fourth finger company :lol: during my travels.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Either don't wear it at such times, wear a plain band or get it insured (and enjoy wearing it all the time, which is what the insurance is for). I agree that the CZ set will get damaged doing such activities and you'll be replacing it frequently as well.

julesxxxooo

Rough_Rock
kellydean|1419000999|3804170 said:
yes ..I actually have a replica of my 3 carat emerald cut solitaire in a CZ. I wear it sometimes ( mostly to justify buying it ..lol) but I like having it for travel. although the only place we went this year I really wanted to show off my treasure so I took the real thing.. but it is good to know I have it.

Where did you get it? Is it really a replica or is it a premade ring that is similar to yours? I'm having trouble finding one that looks like mine and isn't too costly.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the shopping networks had an almost identical replica of my ering that I purchased for when I cruise. I hate to take my real stuff in case I lose it. It's insured but the sentimental value to my daughter wouldn't be the same.

gemandjewelrylover

Shiny_Rock
lambskin|1419032975|3804467 said:
Why not buy a simple plain wedding band to wear when you are not wearing the set? It seems to me that a CZ version would minimize the meaning of the original ring set. Also if you are doing rough activities you are likely to damage the CZ set too. I travel around the world and I leave my ER in the bank vault. I miss it -big time- but I know it is safe. I do not wear any bling-CZ or otherwise because I feel I coud be a target-theives can't tell the difference when they are holding you up. Plus, I like to shop and bargain and if I am wearing bling the seller may try to get a higher price. Finally, on my travels I am always on the look out for a special piece to keep my fourth finger company :lol: during my travels.

+1

Yes, when you are traveling, why make yourself stand out as a tourist? And in some countries, CZ or not, you will appear rich by comparison. Usually just the fact that you can afford to come to their country for a trip makes you "rich." Also, when you're wearing "bling" it's harder to justify asking for that extra dollar discount - why should they give it to the rich westerner? I always wear simple, $10-$15 silver jewelry when I travel..I feel it keeps me from being targeted as much, and I can justify my bargaining in markets. Hard to do when you look like you're dripping in jewelry. Also, if I lose something, it's not the end of the world.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results