shape
carat
color
clarity

I want my WHITE gold ring YELLOW. Can it be done??

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
I have a 12mm wide white gold band that I would rather have yellow. Not sure if it can be done and I don''t have the money to buy a yellow gold one. I got a pretty good deal on my ring. 12mm, 14g, and 14k for $400 on ebay. I *think* I did good :p

So, can I have it "yellow" gold plated? I''m sure it would wear off, but that doesn''t bother me. I think it would be pretty cool looking then.

Thanks ! jen

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
yes you can yellow gold plate a piece of white gold jewelry,But the plating will wear off fast if the ring is worn everyday.BTY...the ring is a real beauty...very elegant!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, you can. Lovely ring BTW..
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is very pretty and will look great in YG.

makemepretty

Brilliant_Rock
Sure you can. Many of us have went that route. I just dropped off a butterfly pendant that I had rhodium plated but now I want it back to yellow gold. It''s about $35 to have it plated yellow. Still, cheaper than buying a new one!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My jeweler does it all the time. You''ll just have to bring it in now and then for a face lift if you wear that ring often.

Captain Ice

Rough_Rock
Just a friendly piece of advice if you decide to use the rhodium process. If you want it to last more than 4 months with out fading, take it off when ever you wash your hands, don''t use lotions, etc. It will last double the time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results