shape
carat
color
clarity

HW Classic Diamond wreath Necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tareyton

Rough_Rock
OK I can not afford a Harry Winston piece. However does anyone know of some one else that sells necklaces similar to the Harry Winston Classic Wreath and wreath necklaces? I can not find any other similar designs.

I am considering something like this as a wedding present.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aren't there many designs (similar, but not identic) under this name? I imagine a necklace of asorted sizes and shapes of diamonds (pear, marq and rounds); something that could not be done using the usual stock settings which allow only for stones of same shape and either constant or graduated size... but no other combinations, basically. If there is some exception to this rule, I do not know.

One could be custom made, I suppose and the weight and level of complexity will remain to discuss with the jeweler of your choice.

THIS may give you some idea of what is doable and what the manufacturing options are.

Around this forum, I surely like the little claw settings made by Platinumsmith (below is a large example) and the thought of having a cascade of diamonds set as nicely is a very, very pleasant thought
5.gif

DSCN5139_Full.jpg

There's more on his Website.

Sure enough, Art of Platinum comes to mind... they say the specilaity of the shop is 'stone jewelry' - pieces built around a large gem. But I am pretty sure they could produce a piece at least as nice as the original - if they take the order. There's allot more in their catalog if you pass by to take a look, including necklaces. On the website, a certain pair of earrigs demonstrate frighteneing (in a good way, of course) precission in the wearth style
2.gif
Here they are.

Hope this helps a bit.

This is a different kind of diamond garland... in a marquise only bracelet by Suwa Gems (not sure they are any less expensive than HW tough):

garland.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/22/2005 12:23:25 AM
Author:tareyton
OK I can not afford a Harry Winston piece.
Yeah... neither do I! so you may find this inspiring too.

Once upon a time (1900 or so) something called 'knife edge settings' came up into fashion creating the look of diamonds floating in thin air. Actually, these are durable jewels - the survivors stand proof - and the setting strategy allows spectacular effects with less diamond mass. Honeslty, I like these better.

The solution does shift some cost from diamonds to labor, but if you would have had a custom piece done anyway, this should not make a whole lot of difference.

These lace-like models are well represented among world class jewels - I surely did not want to make the solution sound 'cheap'
2.gif

I don't know what you have in mind...

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
I know I know ....HW Wreath Necklace Replica at Emitations!!!!

PM Laney she wore this necklace to her wedding. She can tell you about the quality etc.

They have lousy photos - but I think the quality is pretty good.
I'm planning on ordering some stuff when my big day comes along.

Let us know what you think.
1.gif

Scintillating...

tareyton

Rough_Rock
Valeria,

Do you have a website for Suwa Gems that bracelet is beautiful. I found some necklaces on solomon brothers site. I am looking for something real not CZ. Begining to think I will have to have something custom made.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2005 2:36:15 PM
Author: tareyton

Valeria,

Do you have a website for Suwa Gems

http://www.suwagem.com/index.html

Begining to think I will have to have something custom made.

I would not be surprised if that turns out to be the best solutions. Aside that, I suspect that a vintage piece may be attractive, jjust because the labor cost on such an intricate thing will likely be serious to have it done half right.

Even if you do ot this way, it can't hurt to look for some examples, and online it may not be very intuitive where to locate these smaller antique jewelry shops. Many post listings on sites like goantiques.com (order listings top down by price and that should yield a few interesting shop names) to browse individually. Than, how about these guys.

And there surely are more of the like.

http://www.suwagem.com/index.html

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be surprised if there was a relatively inexpensive version of the Winston wreath because the design is... basically a solid mass of diamonds in one of the more labor intensive, intricate settings out there. It is meant to be so.

But there is a certian dainty leaf & bud design in a dainty necklace I like allot. It is not even a strictly evening piece, and there are many versions of it. To be honest, I do not know of a contemporary line of jewelry that has something similar though.

The links look like this:

N0012.JPG

And you can find it on the seller''s website HERE. The listing makes me think this is a new design (not antique, just ''in style'') so if a more impressive version is in order they might deliver. Someone else on Pricescope has tried out this seller. They seem to list fine enough pieces to inspire confidence, IMO, and... just for that reason the listings are well worse browsing.

Best of luck! :)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can probably tell by now I like then dainty (small and very well made). I can''t tell from pictures how nice the line of diamonds is in this one - if it is well done, at that size one would get a brilliant strype of diamonds just enough to highlight the center stone or pendant and the neckline.

No idea what quality the marquise is either (see listing here) but that could be easily sorted out, I guess. I don''t think I''d complain of a large, fine pearl in lieu (if it is not good enough).

At least to me this deco style thing looks persuasive and it was the first to catch my eye looking among allot more expensive stuff in the same shop. There are lots of necklaces to look at where this comes from, btw.

JAnecklace.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results