shape
carat
color
clarity

How much is this Harry Winston ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s no aqua on this earth that is that vivid blue. It''s so photoshopped, it makes nuked blue topaz look tepid. Let me guess, it''s Harry Winston, so the markup will be a higher than Mt. Everest. $80K???

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Not sure what their prices are in general (except that they''re high), but I think anything more than 15k for this ring would be too much, no matter who made it. Color of that stone looks seriously photoshoped and is probably not as deep IRL, but the ring still has matched pear and marquise diamonds of around .15ct each, which are not easy to find, especially in high color and clarity grades. The metalwork looks impeccable as is always the case with HW.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The website is down for maintenance so I cannot see a thing.
28.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s up again and I took a look. Umm....even the very best (famous) and Santa Maria aquamarines do not look that bright and garish. It makes me wonder if the colour has been tampered with.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the aqua stone doesn''t even look real so i think its been photoshopped.

mz

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
that shade of colour is quite suspicious to my eyes too - it looks implausible at best

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny,
Colour is what sets the price. I wouldn’t hazard guess without knowing what it REALLY looks like, and not this obviously photoshopped version. Of course, if I had the money, I would go see it personally before considering whether to buy it or not. Yeah, I’m no fun at all.
9.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
LOL! They''re on a different island so that wouldn''t be an option but not to worry. Yours truly will get to the bottom of this!
3.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
You''ll seriously ask for the price on it? I''d say it''s 20k, but I''m no expert when it comes to judging these brand name prices.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I don't care. I love it.
3.gif

I would have guessed 24k.

BTW, when you call them they answer the phone, "This is the House of Winston". ROTFL!
9.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Dear God, I meant what I said that anything over 15k would be too much no matter who''s selling it - and it''s almost double that?! For that much they should not just answer the phone in a spectacular way, but send a Rolls to pick you up as well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After all this discussion, I had to see the ring. If you want someone to make you a similar one, I suggest Rupert at Grunberger Jewelers in Stamford, Connecticut. Go over everything you want and it will be done. When Gurhan bungled a bangle on me, I turned to Rupert! And Mona at Grunberger's rescued me when no one else could find me the perfect color tanzanite!

AGBF
34.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/19/2010 9:05:43 AM
Author: AGBF

After all this discussion, I had to see the ring. If you want someone to make you a similar one, I suggest Rupert at Grunberger Jewelers in Stamford, Connecticut. Go over everything you want and it will be done. When Gurhan bungled a bangle on me, I turned to Rupert! And Mona at Grunberger''s rescued me when no one else could find me the perfect color tanzanite!

AGBF
34.gif
don''t know why but i love that wording! and great advice from a woman with a lot of jewelry experience.

mz

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You would think that if they could photoshop that aqua to look like blue kryptonite, then they would make this padparadscha look less brown
33.gif

brownpadparadscha.jpg

pollergirl

Rough_Rock
Yes, AGBF/Deb seems to have great advice. That is the reason I joined this forum yesterday but I can't track her down!! AGBF, I need your help! I posted some questions and a picture about your "thread-thin" solitaire ring under "Calling AGBF and other's with ultra thin invisible bands."

Harry Winston? I'm out of my league...

23.gif

A cool $250,000,000.00

hope_diamond_necklace2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/19/2010 7:49:10 PM
Author: pollergirl

Yes, AGBF/Deb seems to have great advice. That is the reason I joined this forum yesterday but I can''t track her down!! AGBF, I need your help! I posted some questions and a picture about your ''thread-thin'' solitaire ring under ''Calling AGBF and other''s with ultra thin invisible bands.''
pollergirl, I''m reading this thread now. Where did you post the questions and picture you mentioned above?

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results