shape
carat
color
clarity

How hard is it to add milgrain to an existing ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Hi,

If I order a plain shank and bezel in platinum, how hard is it to have them milgrained later? Does it require the jeweler to remove the stone for a bezel milgrain?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not a jeweler but I don''t think it''s too difficult to add milgrain to an existing ring.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I had Quest Jewelers add milgrain to my channel-set asscher wedding band. It only took them a couple of days, it was inexpensive, and it came out perfectly. Here are some before and after shots:

Original ring, no milgrain:

nomil1.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here is a pic of the same ring after Quest added the milgrain:

mil2.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
sorry to threadjack, but...

wow, vesper! that combo looks killer! i can''t recall...were you the PS''er who bought the blue nile half eternity band, and is that it in the photo? either way - it''s gorgeous and looks fabulous with your milgrained wedder.

yum!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2010 3:55:39 PM
Author: whitby_2773
sorry to threadjack, but...

wow, vesper! that combo looks killer! i can''t recall...were you the PS''er who bought the blue nile half eternity band, and is that it in the photo? either way - it''s gorgeous and looks fabulous with your milgrained wedder.

yum!
Hey Whitby!

The asscher band is from Blue Nile (it''s only 12 stones across the top of the band), and I got it milgrained last year by Quest. The shared prong band is a full eternity custom made by Whiteflash. Thanks for the compliment!

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
thanks for getting back to me, vesper. :)

gorgeous gorgeous! i know you have a beautiful engagement ring, but i think i''d really enjoy wearing just those 2 bands. soooo ''casual-elegant'' - kind of "oh - these? they''re just something i threw on from my (massive) jewelry box...yes...they *do* look quite pretty together, dont they..."

(chuckling)

YUM!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Whitby! I actually didn''t think that they would look good stacked together, but when I received the shared prong and stacked them, I just loved the look. I do wear them that way sometimes when I don''t feel like wearing the ering - I just love the look of stacking bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results