shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! Will I be paying too much for this???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mauihi

Rough_Rock
I was recently quoted $1,000 - $1,125 from a jeweler to recreate a very similar setting to the BB&B Lineage Diamond ring in 14k white gold instead of platinum. I already have the center stone (1.51 radiant cut) and crown stones (18 one pointers). My ring size is 4 3/4. This price would include everything from the wax mold to the final cast. Does this sound right?
confused.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This does not sound completely off to me. I'd give them 200 for it here, but I am in Bucharest, and if I wanted the job done in the US I would expect to pay five times for the honor. While lookig for what on earth the "Lineage" is, I also found THIS older thread. I would imagine that either of the three posters woudl be able to answer this Q and perhaps come with an option... Just a thought, of course.

Mauihi

Rough_Rock
Thanks AnA. I appreciate your input. Here's a picture of BB&B's Lineage Diamond rings. My ring would be similar to the middle ring.

lineage diamond.jpg

tbird

Rough_Rock
Hi there,

Back in June I had a similar ring custom made for my fiance. It was roughly $1300 for the setting in platinum (950 PLAT, i think). That included the wax model and everything.

Here is a link to some pics I posted of it. Sorry, the pics are kind of large and not from all angles, but I have pics through out the process if your intrested in seeing any of the wax and stuff.

Joe S

my ring

Mauihi

Rough_Rock
Hi Joe!

The ring is beautiful. It does look very similar to what I am trying to have created. Although, what I am most attracted to about the BB&B ring is the delicate trellis setting underneath the crown. It really adds height and seems to showcase the center stone. The added stones around the crown are a bonus as well. I guess I'm really trying to have the exact look of the BB&B ring created. Thank you for your offer, though. That was very thoughtful!
21.gif

So maybe the price I was quoted is about right?? TBH, I thought 14k costs substantially less than platinum - which is why I was concerned about the high price.

tbird

Rough_Rock
No problem Mauihi, I'm glad you like it.

I started with the BBB lineage look exactly too cause I really liked the trellis look too. But in the end I strayed a little and varied the band thickness more and beveled the edges of the band instead of the trellis. So it turned out that my band is larger and it added weight compared to the BBB one, i think. It was about 6.2 dwts of platinum in the end.

But I do believe that there may be a big difference in the price between the gold and the platinum, but I never inquired when I had it made. Maybe you can find a recent post about the difference in price for gold and platinum on two peices of identical weight.

Joe S.

Mauihi

Rough_Rock
Thanks again, Joe! I will take your advice and do some more research. Hopefully I will be able to find the answer I'm looking for. Have a great day!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results