shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! My screwbacks are poking me in the head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kieka

Rough_Rock
Well not in the head but right behind the ear. I just got a beautiful pair of studs from WF. They are set in the 3 prong basket with a screw back. 1.42 tcw. I love love love the setting but I think that the posts are too long. They hurt when I lay down and are leaving my skin irritated. By the way these are for everyday and I don''t to take them on and off.

So my question: Should I have them reset or is it possible to have the posts cut down a pit without jeapordizing the security of my earring?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm, I don''t know that I''d be wanting to sleep in my diamonds for fear of getting them dirty or poking holes in my bedding, but if you MUST, I would think it''s possible for the posts to be shaved down a bit so they''re more comfortable. I''m sure WF can accomodate you if it''s possible! Congrats on your new diamonds!
36.gif
35.gif

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not a jeweler but that sounds like an easy fix. I''m sure they can take care of it for you.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I had the same problem with my studs, and it was an easy fix. I jeweler can fix it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sometimes that happens when I wear my studs to bed too. I usually just take them out. I do love the security of the screw backs though. Sounds like everyone''s advice about having a jeweler shorten the posts is a great idea!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I so cannot wear my earrings to bed!! Any jewelry in fact but things on my head bother me. I have napped before with my studs on and they always jab me in the back of the ear. OW! Good luck fixing it.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
They make some sort of back for earrings for babies that cover the posts. Anyone know where to get any. I don''t know if the can accomidate screwbacks though.

kieka

Rough_Rock
I think I''ll have them shortened by a local jeweler, I don''t want to be away from them for too long. I had WF set them "extra low" in a 3 prong basket that I love love love so I definately don''t want to reset them. Thanks all for your help
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/2/2006 7:02:36 PM
Author: moon river
They make some sort of back for earrings for babies that cover the posts. Anyone know where to get any. I don''t know if the can accomidate screwbacks though.
They''re called "plastic bullet clutches" on a website I found called jansjewells.com. Good thinking Moonriver, I had forgotten about those things!

556373670.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results