shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find... 5-heart ring, yellow gold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone,

I am in search of a certain style of ring. My father gave me a sterling silver ring when I was a teenager. It had five hearts. It was really thin and it broke, so I haven''t worn it for years.

I''d love to find the ring style again, only this time in yellow gold. I was hoping maybe PS-ers had seen something similar? :) Thanks sooo much!

heartring_amyjokerette004.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amy I bet if you sent to WF they can make you a replica of it very nice in yummy yellow gold
31.gif

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
ooooh great idea... I think I was just associating them with diamonds... I will ask them :)

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Whiteflash said they could do it! :) The thing is, they asked what price range I wanted to stay around... I am not sure what to say... because I dont know what it reasonable when talking about a custom peice of jewelry. I want the ring made in yellow gold, and ever-so-slightly thicker than the original one so it would be less fragile.

Is it rude to say $100? $150? There are no diamonds. Just gold. This is my first time, so I am kind of clueless about this :)

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
You could maybe ask people on etsy or do a search there. I just want to say I think it''s really sweet you want to remake a ring that means so much to you.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amy- ask them what the quote would be for both 18k and 14k. I wouldn''t really give a dollar amount but that''s completely up to you. then if it runs a little higher maybe also check with other jewelers. The gold doesn''t look terribly too much but again, just for labour and I don''t know what they would run since to me this looks like a simple CAD and casting and polishing with no stone settings.

Michael_E

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
The easiest and least expensive way to make this sort of ring would be to make it up from bent pieces of flat bar which are then welded together into the shapes making the ring. Using CAD would be a bit more expensive due to the time and mold making costs and casting something like that would not give you the best durability due to the many changes in direction and thinness of the piece. I don''t think that you could reasonably expect this to be made for $100, since the price of gold is nearing $1000/ounce. $150 is getting closer and $200 should be doable as long as you aren''t expecting much thickness in the gold. Etsy may be the place to ask around as it seems to have a lot of people doing things with this sort of "flavor".

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/14/2009 9:55:46 PM
Author: Michael_E
The easiest and least expensive way to make this sort of ring would be to make it up from bent pieces of flat bar which are then welded together into the shapes making the ring. Using CAD would be a bit more expensive due to the time and mold making costs and casting something like that would not give you the best durability due to the many changes in direction and thinness of the piece. I don''t think that you could reasonably expect this to be made for $100, since the price of gold is nearing $1000/ounce. $150 is getting closer and $200 should be doable as long as you aren''t expecting much thickness in the gold. Etsy may be the place to ask around as it seems to have a lot of people doing things with this sort of ''flavor''.

Thank you that is very informative and very helpful. :) I sincerely appreciate everyone''s advice and input oddoneout, D&T, and Michael_E

amyjokerette

Shiny_Rock
Well, unfortunately the price Whiteflash quoted was more than I was able to spend
8.gif
I understand given the fact that it was a custom project.

"Thank you so much for coming to Whiteflash regarding this special project. As much as we would love to help you, the starting price on custom designs (one of a kind reproductions) is generally $800 with a $250.00 CAD. Do you know where your father purchased the ring? Possibly we can track down the supplier for you..:)"

I thought it was very nice of them to offer to help track down the supplier.
1.gif
Unfortunately I do not remember where we got the ring, so if anyone comes across a similar style in their jewelry hunting please let me know! Thanks!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Based on what Michael E said, I would consider talking to Sally of Heart of Water Jewels. Her pieces are all made by hand starting with a sheet of gold - no casting, CADs, waxes, etc. She does lovely custom work and is becoming something of a cult classic here at PS.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results