shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! gold pointer finger ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Looking for pictures of a possible 1/2 high, thin, gold pointer finger ring. so hard to describe. sorry. if anyone has anything i''d be grateful

Tali

Rough_Rock
Could you be a little more specific, or post similar pictures? I can''t fathom what you mean by your description above.

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
i know -- that was a ridiculous description. okay, let me try again.

I''m trying to find a gold ring that i would wear on my index or middle finger. i''m attaching (i hope) a picture of a "wrinkle ring" that is a nice idea -- but in the perfect world it would be just a smooth band of gold about the same width as the attached photo (so pretty wide)

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is a lovely ring! i''d go for that in a minute! where did you find it?

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/15/2005 10:10:10 PM
Author: Pricescope
AGBF has it posted here

Wow! You beat me to it! I was just thinking, "That looks very familiar!". It was Ana who found it, however!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t know if this is what you are looking for, but it has some similarities in size to the wrinkle ring, so when I saw it I thought of you. It is from Ross-Simons.

Deb

RossSimonsPointer.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
that ring is beautiful

however, i''m looking for a basic gold band that is the same width all the way around, approx 10-15 mm...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/19/2005 10:31:38 AM
Author: lovelylulu
that ring is beautiful

however, i'm looking for a basic gold band that is the same width all the way around, approx 10-15 mm...
That picture came from Micky Roof

Niessing makes some (AGBF, haven't you tried them out?). I liked those - they have bussier folds done with a satin finish.

plissee_p_c_a1.jpg

I used to have a band like you dscribe made over a weekend by an artist friend out of a large, old gold coin. He was
7.gif
a terrific metal sculptor making miniatures and jewelry, but that ring was a fun thing done in a lazy afternoon with stone age tools and lots of fun. It must have been a bit before finishing highschool - ages ago. I don't have it anymore.

A simple band should be easy to get - 10 mm may even be found off the shelf. 15mm... that's more than usual, but why not.

On the other hand, such a band ring would give place for intricate finish (see the 'Tarent' rings at Niessing) or metal treatemnt (woodgrain?). And then, do you like braided rings? There are a few different things under the name, but I mean the hand knotted rings: there are a few down this LINK and even better, HERE.

Hope some of this helps
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/20/2005 1:47:13 AM
Author: valeria101
Niessing makes some (AGBF, haven''t you tried them out?).

Yes, I did. I tried one on at I. Gorman in the District (Washington, DC). The only thing I didn''t like about it was the color. I love yellow gold, high karat gold, but this gold had a brownish tinge that was very unflattering to my skin. It might look great on someone else''s skin! If one is having a band custom made, he can have whatever color he wants used in it. Movie Zombie likes the looks of the Wrinkle Ring and I think her spessartitie would look great set in a Wrinkle or a Plissé of the right color yellow gold! (A rich yellow gold!)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This band is tapered, which I know you do not want, but at least it is plain and also wide. I believe it is 14mm wide.

Deborah

RosePetalTaperedBand.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...this band is not tapered, but it is ridged! It is 16mm wide. At least we know there are plenty of wide gold bands out there! This one costs $197.00 through shop.com.

Deb

16mmRidgedBand.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK...I have, officially, lost my mind. I think I need to go back to work and my daughter is, luckily, 13...so I should be able to return within a couple of years!

I found some bands...and when the width for some of the bands wasn't available on the website, I called the company on its toll-free number (1-800-465-3340)! (By the way, Goldspeed.com is very helpful over the phone!)

The bands pictured are flat, pipe-cut bands. They come in a 10mm as well as a 12mm (the widest) width bands. One can get a comfort or classic fit in 14K or 18K shiny yellow gold.

The domed bands (which one can see on the Goldspeed.com website) also come in both the 10mm and 12mm widths in the classic fit.

The domed comfort-fit band comes only as wide as 8mm.

Both domed classic and domed comfort-fit are, also, available in 14K or 18K shiny yellow gold.

If you are interested in these, you can call and find out about colors other than yellow and finishes other than shiny!

The Gold Domed Bands

Deborah, frustrated researcher!

FlatPipe-CutBands.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the same 16mm ridged band pictured above. That picture is too large to see!

Deb

Ridged.jpg

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Ladies you are wonderful!!!! thank you so much -- that is so helpful.

i love them all -- now to get on with buying
emstar.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2005 10:43:52 AM
Author: AGBF
This band is tapered, which I know you do not want, but at least it is plain and also wide. I believe it is 14mm wide.

Deborah
deb, more modern but i can see the spess sitting on this baby, as well as others in this thread!

peace, movie zombie

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2005 12:24:34 PM
Author: lovelylulu
i love them all -- now to get on with buying
emstar.gif

I think you meant to say, "the buying and the reporting back", didn''t you? ;-)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2005 12:30:13 PM
Author: movie zombie
deb, more modern but i can see the spess sitting on this baby, as well as others in this thread!

Yes, I definitely can! When I found the tapered band I found myself thinking it would look nice on an index finger!!! I mean, I really liked that band!

Deb

lovelylulu

Ideal_Rock
Reporting back absolutely!

as soon as i find the right ring for the right price you all will be the first to know
emstar.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results