shape
carat
color
clarity

Has Anyone Seen 24K Gold Threader Earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Has anyone seen gold threader earrings made out of 24K gold? I have not seen any by the major designers working in 24K gold, but I thought someone might have seen them in a Chinese store or on a website selling Chinese jewelry. Is any jeweler who sells 24K gold selling them yet?

34.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Do you mean 24k gold earrings with a screw-on backing? I have a pair from India, that I bought in L.A. in the ''little india'' section of town. (can''t remember where exactly). You might want to try an Indian jeweler

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
AGBF - what exactly are "threader" earrings? Just curious. I have only one set in 24k which is a beautiful necklace & earrings I wear on very special occasions. It is very intricate so I only take it out for a spin on the night''s I''ll be delicate.
12.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aren''t threader earrings a single piece without a backing? The back is a metal solid bar that goes through your hole, and the earring is a long chain that gets threaded through the ear so you have earring hanging off the front and back of your ear. I love ''em. Haven''t seen any with 24K though.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such a sexy earring! I have seen that style before (unfortunately not in 24k), and I have to admit it freaks me out a little to think of threading an earring through my ear, lol! The closest I ever came to wearing a style like the threader was an earring that was about two inches of 14k rope chain with a post and backing attached! I do love the look of the threaders, though--again, tres sexy!!!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2006 12:01:23 AM
Author: FireGoddess
Aren''t threader earrings a single piece without a backing? The back is a metal solid bar that goes through your hole, and the earring is a long chain that gets threaded through the ear so you have earring hanging off the front and back of your ear. I love ''em. Haven''t seen any with 24K though.

Exactly. And thank you for posting the picture, too, FireGoddess! Sometimes these are called, "thread through" earrings. I would really love a pair in 24K! One good thing about making them in 24K, is that they wouldn''t use a lot of (currently high priced) gold!

34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the earrings shown on this site!

34.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the pictures & explanation. I admit I don''t think I have ever seen this style before. I hope you can find them in 24kt. Best of Luck
emteeth.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/20/2006 5:39:18 PM
Author: Diam100
Thanks for the pictures; explanation. I admit I don't think I have ever seen this style before. I hope you can find them in 24kt. Best of Luck
emteeth.gif

I'm glad to see you here. Are you able to post a picture of the 24K jewelry you wear when you plan to be...uh...delicate? I'm a real gold lover and I'd love to see them! Indie, I'd like to see your Indian earrings, too, if you feel inclined to photograph them!!!

Deb
34.gif

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
AGBF - My dear husband has hidden the Digital camera from me. I almost broke it doing a "BAM BAM" on his desk when I couldn't get the pics of my diamond upgrade to look right. Well he wasn't appreciative of me banging one of his mechanical toys. So for now I'm banned from the Digital. Hopefully soon I'll get a reprieve & show you my necklace.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2006 11:58:36 PM
Author: Diam100
AGBF - My dear husband has hidden the Digital camera from me. I almost broke it doing a ''BAM BAM'' on his desk when I couldn''t get the pics of my diamond upgrade to look right. Well he wasn''t appreciative of me banging one of his mechanical toys. So for now I''m banned from the Digital. Hopefully soon I''ll get a reprieve & show you my necklace.
LOL!

movie zombie

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Shaesby has some lovely threader earrings--jewelled and 18K plain. Their site doesn''t allow for click and drag, but jewellery can be viewed at
www.shaesby.com

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2006 9:03:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Shaesby has some lovely threader earrings--jewelled and 18K plain.

I didn''t see a great variety of threader earrings, but I saw some gorgeous bangles!!! (I still have bangles on the brain...although my venture with Gurhan did not work out.) Thanks for the tip, Sharon!

Deb
34.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2006 9:10:19 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 5/24/2006 9:03:58 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Shaesby has some lovely threader earrings--jewelled and 18K plain.

I didn''t see a great variety of threader earrings, but I saw some gorgeous bangles!!! (I still have bangles on the brain...although my venture with Gurhan did not work out.) Thanks for the tip, Sharon!

Deb
34.gif
HI Deb:

A place in town carries Shaesby and Ross Haynes stuff--neat pieces; and the latter also has nice bangles and some threader style earrings--but again in 18K. Unfortunately the only place (online) I could see Ross Haynes stuff was on a Canadian Gallery website, and the pictures were poor and of minimal variety; but I really liked his "ribbon" style threader earrings.....they''d be cool in 24K.......

cheers--Sharon

londonblue

Shiny_Rock
I make a lot of ear threader earrings in both gold and silver. I''ve seen 18k ones but only rarely. I make them using 22K vermeil that uses a very comfortable box chain, measuring 3" long on the "thread" part. But I haven''t seen many ear threader earrings at all lately.

Wouldn''t solid 24k be much too soft?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2006 4:01:49 PM
Author: londonblue
Wouldn''t solid 24k be much too soft?

I have several pairs of 24K earrings and one pair of 22K Indian earrings with a beaded "curtain" hanging from the stud. None of these has been too soft...although the lattermost do tend to bend when I put them in my ears if I do not put them in straight! The nice thing is that I can just bend them back to where they should be.

Deb
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results