shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold Party anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Was wondering if anyone has ever attended a ‘gold party’? I received an invite to one and I’m unsure if it’s worth going to, especially with the current value of gold. Does it make sense to hold onto gold right now? Do you really make out with the true value of the gold or less because you’re now paying a ‘middle-man’ who hosts the party and works on behalf of the gold pawn shop?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would guess that the gold goes to a refiner, not a pawn shop. You will, of course, receive less than the spot price for gold (since it will have to be refined) but I don''t think there is anyway you will get spot price for gold other than an ocasional exchange for store credit (some stores here do this sometimes to drum up business).

As to whether you should sell or not, it boils down to whether you think the price of gold has peaked or not. I have heard both. Personally, I do not invest in precious metals, so I would sell and enjoy/reinvest the money.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/10/2010 8:25:45 AM
Author:sugarpie honeybun
Was wondering if anyone has ever attended a ‘gold party’? I received an invite to one and I’m unsure if it’s worth going to, especially with the current value of gold. Does it make sense to hold onto gold right now? Do you really make out with the true value of the gold or less because you’re now paying a ‘middle-man’ who hosts the party and works on behalf of the gold pawn shop?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/information-for-those-whom-are-selling-their-scrap-gold.138100/

sugarpie honeybun

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the info Lady and DF!

DF- that link is helpful. I will have to be sure to bring my handy dandy calculator to the party. Can''t say I''ve ever done that before!
9.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/11/2010 4:32:35 PM
Author: sugarpie honeybun
Thanks for the info Lady and DF!

DF- that link is helpful. I will have to be sure to bring my handy dandy calculator to the party. Can''t say I''ve ever done that before!
9.gif
14kt is 583.3 fine.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''ve hosted one (and got 10% of the final total) and am hosting another one for charity in July! It was tons of fun, and my friends made some amazing money.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results