shape
carat
color
clarity

garnet-mania

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
So I have a leeeetle obsession with the red garnets--not that I don''t have one with the green ones, but for the most part I have difficulty passing up nice, everyday, red garnets.

These are my latest jewlery gift from the finace (and the only, unless we count the oyster-shell .99 cent ones he got in FL at his grandmother''s insistance that I have an engagement ring NOW!) The next piece he gives me will be the ring, but I think this set is unique enough to post--never seen anything like them.

If anyone has great garnet pieces, pleeeease put them up--feed a garnet obsessed student''s obsession! (heh, perhaps I need a cup and a sign :) )

thumb_12022005_Sapphire_a05.jpg

thumb_12022005_Sapphire_a13.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, I love an excuse to post pictures!
5.gif

I never thought I liked garnets, thinking only of the dark Victorian Garnet jewelry that I never cared for.

I appreciate them much more now.

Here are my two: rhodolite and tsavorite:

grntsewp.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I love that tsavorite ring...yellow gold can be so pretty when done well with colored stones.

I have to say I acutally am a bit of a fan of the burgundy "victorian" stones...they just have such a nice antique feel to them.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Girl~ You have defintely opened up a can of worms here!!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I love those pieces! Those garnets in that bracelet have a lovely raspberry color, and I''m always thrilled to see Widget''s pretties.

I''m also a big fan of dark Victorian garnets. In fact, they''re probably my favorite stones. Those and Victorian moonstones, the kind with vivid blue adularescence. Mmmmmmm!!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto re loving the pieces! what is the metal for the bracelet?

great rings, Widget!

peace, movie zombie

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
they are set in silver; it seems to be holding up pretty well, a few dings here and there.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am a big fan of silver....i have one ring i wear every time i leave the house and have done so since february, 1999 when i bought it. i never clean it. it is holding up quite nicely and has that lovely patina that a ring worn often develops.

i hope you wear your gorgeous set often.

peace, movie zombie

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results