shape
carat
color
clarity

Earring Jackets

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Hi
35.gif

Does anyone have some nice examples of these? I''m planning on getting some of my gemstones made into earrings but wanted to have some variety by getting diamond earring jackets made too.

The problem is that I hate yellow gold and am allergic to white gold. I currently wear silver earrings with CZ''s but am not sure that diamonds and silver are a normal combination?!

Anyone seen earring jackets in platinum?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2004 3:43:49 PM
Author:just_looking!
...am not sure that diamonds and silver are a normal combination?!

Anyone seen earring jackets in platinum?
Diamonds and silver... no, not too common. Some designers use this for good ol'' times sake - but this is not too relevant for the earrings jackets hunt.

I thought platinum jackets are farely easy to get. Diamonds by Lauren makes custom ones for their stud earrings, but perhaps not only?

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Platinum earing jackets... What is an earing jacket? - must have another name here

Whatever it is, you can do them in silver as well. It is not really an any extra effort to organise, and it is an easier metal to work with anyway. You will have to be more carefull about the design as strength in silver is an issue. You might also want to have them rhodium plated to prevent tarnishing.

Perhaps your allergic to the nickel in w''g. You would be able to get other alloys, as metal with nickel is illegal to sell in many countries and a lot of people don''t like it.

Hope that helps,

Phillip

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Plat Smith!

Earring jackets are a way of making solitaire earrings more interesting for evening wear. There are the sort that sit on your ear with the post of the solitaire going through or those that dangle down (again held by the post of the solitaire earring).

Looking on the internet doesn''t provide a huge choiice of styles. Perhaps you have ideas?
31.gif

PhillipSchmidt

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks to you both,

What a novel idea. No, it not another name here. I have never seen them before. Just shows how much I know.

Hmmmmm, got me thinking. Damn you guys are good!

Cheers,

Phillip

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Ana! Have you heard David of Diamonds by Lauren ever talk about custom making them?

I was thinking of getting round jackets made as I''ve got trilliant 6mm lab rubies to make into studs to match my engagement ring and I could use them for round stones too!

Had thoughts of getting drops made to attach to the jackets too. Anyone up to helping me with the designs?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2004 2:16:41 AM
Author: Platinumsmith
What gem will you be dropping?
What about some fabulous briolettes like the ones Valeria posted in the colored gemstone forum ("Red Trilliants for Leon Mege...")??
30.gif

These threads are getting me thinking!
31.gif

widget

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
She''s got some great links hasn''t she!

I was thinking of diamond studs to start with and having earring jackets with a chain to the little songea trilliants mentioned on the other thread and then aqua briolettes at the bottom or maybe pear''s of something else to contrast with the sapphires.

So many colours to play with in the gemstone section!!
36.gif

My other ideas were to use some lab rubies I have (I have 8mm rounds and 6 mm trillions) with some diamond melee. Not sure just what these would look like at present. Suggestions welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results