Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Chat about jewelry, watches, antiques pieces, and more. No man-made gemstones and no pearls.

• 1590 posts • Page 20 of 531, 2, 3, ..., 5, 10, 15, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, ..., 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Post by AprilBaby » February 15th, 2009, 1:44 pm
Thanks again for the welcome! I will get my little collection together on Wed when I am off and post some photos! I feel like I am coming down with the flu tonight ImageImageImage. Its good to see other gold lovers as it seems all I read on the other threads is about rhodium plating and platinum! The is nothing as rich and buttery as GOLD! ImageImageImage BTW, I love to read also and I thoroughly enjoyed the NINETEEN pages of information! Am I right to assume most of us here are about 50?
"Time is not what you think. Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on earth is only the beginning." -Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Post by AGBF » February 15th, 2009, 1:49 pm

Date:
2/15/2009 7:44:08 PM
Author: AprilBaby

Am I right to assume most of us here are about 50?

I won't speak for the others (I know Harriet is a mere babe), but I shall never see 50 again!  Even my baby cousin is now, I believe, 52 ;-). I am wrong.  She is about to turn 52 at the end of this month!  She is the youngest amongst us, a group of five.

Deb

"If someone asks me how many people work here, I say, 'about half '. " John Corey

Post by HollyS » February 15th, 2009, 3:08 pm
Hi folks!  I haven''t been able to get through the entire thread here, but I thought I would contribute my favorite Alex Sepkus pieces.  I''m starting to get a ''thing'' for yellow gold again; and my favorite pieces are artisan in look rather than ''expected'' pieces. 

Let''s see if I''ve got the right sizes on these photos:
Attachments
rose cut diamond ring sepkus.jpg
rose cut diamond ring sepkus.jpg (43.88 KiB) Viewed 201 times

"I cannot live without books." - Thomas Jefferson

Post by HollyS » February 15th, 2009, 3:08 pm
And:
Attachments
alex sepkus band.jpg
alex sepkus band.jpg (33.33 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Post by HollyS » February 15th, 2009, 3:09 pm
And:
Attachments
alex sepkus band 2.jpg
alex sepkus band 2.jpg (32.04 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Post by canuk-gal » February 15th, 2009, 3:51 pm
HI:

This is very lovely..............

http://com.pricescope.com/photos/wink_jones/picture4001.aspx

cheers--Sharon
"People who possess great qualities, do not need to show off".

Post by AGBF » February 15th, 2009, 4:08 pm

coati was looking for a 24K band for her mother's 60th birthday.  I came across this site on Etsy.  The owner makes custom wedding bands in 24K gold and they are very lovely indeed! (There are other gold pieces on the site including some gorgeous, yellow, handmade, 18K wedding bands!  There are also pieces in white gold, platinum, and sterling silver.  It is very eclectic.)  I thought that some of you might want to take a peak!

Deb

Etsy Site
Attachments
beyondtherockzweddingbands.jpg
beyondtherockzweddingbands.jpg (36.55 KiB) Viewed 201 times

"If someone asks me how many people work here, I say, 'about half '. " John Corey

Post by packrat » February 15th, 2009, 5:23 pm
Hey, can I like yellow gold too, even tho I''m only 34?

Post by Harriet » February 15th, 2009, 7:23 pm
Deb! Sharon! I took the hubby to Buccellati to show him the collection I like. Image

Post by AGBF » February 16th, 2009, 12:18 am

Date:
2/15/2009 11:23:56 PM
Author: packrat

Hey, can I like yellow gold too, even tho I'm only 34?

Well...I almost said that we took a vote and decided to make an exception for you, packrat, but sometimes my jokes get me into trouble on Pricescope ;-).  Of course we want you!  I liked yellow gold all my life, even as a young girl and a teenager.  I suspect that many girls growing up now, will, too since it is going to be so fashionable.  So there is no reason why very young women shouldn't/wouldn't be attracted to this thread if they have the time.  They often have more pressing matters on their minds, however, like engagment rings; weddings; etcetera.  The true Pricescopers hang around here after they are married and some discuss houses and babies and some may find threads about other pieces of jewelry that they like.  It is among those that I would expect to find young women interested in this thread.

BTW, I really should say that some of our current active posters are women in their 20's or 30's.

Deb

Post by AGBF » February 16th, 2009, 12:24 am

Date:
2/16/2009 1:23:12 AM
Author: Harriet

Deb! Sharon! I took the hubby to Buccellati to show him the collection I like. Image

And you two are newlyweds so we know what that means....  Little...or maybe not so little...Buccellatis are going to be joining the two of you in your love nest in the near future.  Congratulations.  You are expecting. ;-)

Major hugs to a most deserving friend,
Deb

Post by Irishgrrrl » February 16th, 2009, 4:58 am
Date: 2/15/2009 11:23:56 PM
LOL!  Packrat, I''m only 30, and I love yellow gold!  All of my jewelry is YG, and I would never change it!  Image

~Emm

http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/files/horse51.gif
"Goodness had nothing to do with it, dearie." ~ Mae West

Post by AprilBaby » February 16th, 2009, 5:11 am
HollyS, You find the most exquisite stuff! Those rings are Gorgeous! BTW, is you avetar Michigan?
"Time is not what you think. Dying? Not the end of everything. We think it is. But what happens on earth is only the beginning." -Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven

Post by canuk-gal » February 16th, 2009, 5:40 am
Date: 2/16/2009 6:24:39 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:

And you two are newlyweds so we know what that means.... Little...or maybe not so little...Buccellatis are going to be joining the two of you in your love nest in the near future. Congratulations. You are expecting. ;-)

Deb
HI:

Well said!  My morning chuckle...but please Harriet--don''t keep us waiting long about the details (you know how we LIKE details....Image)

cheers--Sharon

Post by HollyS » February 16th, 2009, 7:36 am
Date: 2/16/2009 11:11:07 AM
Author: AprilBaby
HollyS, You find the most exquisite stuff! Those rings are Gorgeous! BTW, is you avetar Michigan?

Thanks; I''m usually inspired by Deb to find the most interesting sites. Image

My avatar is Wildseed Farms in Fredericksburg, Texas.  The building is their big ''barn'' that houses their retail shop; and the flowers in the foreground are their poppy fields.   Their website is www.wildseedfarms.com .

Post by packrat » February 16th, 2009, 8:14 am
Date: 2/16/2009 6:18:55 AM

Date:
2/15/2009 11:23:56 PM

Well...I almost said that we took a vote and decided to make an exception for you, packrat, but sometimes my jokes get me into trouble on Pricescope ;-). Of course we want you! I liked yellow gold all my life, even as a young girl and a teenager. I suspect that many girls growing up now, will, too since it is going to be so fashionable. So there is no reason why very young women shouldn''t/wouldn''t be attracted to this thread if they have the time. They often have more pressing matters on their minds, however, like engagment rings; weddings; etcetera. The true Pricescopers hang around here after they are married and some discuss houses and babies and some may find threads about other pieces of jewelry that they like. It is among those that I would expect to find young women interested in this thread.

BTW, I really should say that some of our current active posters are women in their 20''s or 30''s.

Deb

Hahaha, I have a sense of humor, so joke away!

Post by Harriet » February 16th, 2009, 10:17 am

Date:

And you two are newlyweds so we know what that means.... Little...or maybe not so little...Buccellatis are going to be joining the two of you in your love nest in the near future. Congratulations. You are expecting. ;-)

Deb
Deb dear, you have such a way with words.

Post by Harriet » February 16th, 2009, 10:18 am
Date: 2/16/2009 11:40:55 AM
Author: canuk-gal

Date:

Deb
HI:

Well said! My morning chuckle...but please Harriet--don''t keep us waiting long about the details (you know how we LIKE details....Image)

cheers--Sharon
It''s the Honolulu collection, but I''ll have to wait till my birthday or our anniversary. A spinel may interfere.

Post by coatimundi_org » February 17th, 2009, 12:37 pm
Date: 2/15/2009 10:08:48 PM

coati was looking for a 24K band for her mother's 60th birthday. I came across this site on Etsy. The owner makes custom wedding bands in 24K gold and they are very lovely indeed! (There are other gold pieces on the site including some gorgeous, yellow, handmade, 18K wedding bands! There are also pieces in white gold, platinum, and sterling silver. It is very eclectic.) I thought that some of you might want to take a peak!

Deb

Etsy Site

These are awesome! I'd love to get her a wide band--very cool!
--thanks so much Deb!
Coati, G.G.

Post by Harriet » February 18th, 2009, 12:11 pm
Deb, Sharon,
Buccellati or a pink-red spinel?

Post by AGBF » February 18th, 2009, 12:28 pm

Date:
2/18/2009 6:11:34 PM

Deb, Sharon,
Buccellati or a pink-red spinel?

Definitely Buccellati!!! The prices may go up.  The styles may change.  There will always be spinels!!!  I am going to die of envy if you get a Buccellati piece!

Deb

Post by Harriet » February 18th, 2009, 12:35 pm
No! I''d rather have you alive! Mind you, the Honolulu is pretty much Buccellati''s entry-level collection. You''re right about gold going up, but those Mahenges won''t last forever. Alright, high class problem.

Post by canuk-gal » February 18th, 2009, 2:10 pm
Date: 2/18/2009 6:35:39 PM
No! I''d rather have you alive! Mind you, the Honolulu is pretty much Buccellati''s entry-level collection. You''re right about gold going up, but those Mahenges won''t last forever. Alright, high class problem.
HI:

Oh happy problem!  "Finite" might always be an issue, but is there a compromise?  Small "piece" of both?Image

cheers--Sharon

Post by Harriet » February 18th, 2009, 3:22 pm
Or, birthday and anniversary? Image

Post by canuk-gal » February 18th, 2009, 3:57 pm
Date: 2/18/2009 9:22:55 PM
Or, birthday and anniversary? Image

...of course.....Image

cheers--Sharon

Post by AGBF » February 21st, 2009, 4:58 am

I went looking for a picture of a piece of jewelry from the Honolulu Collection by Buccellati to post so that people could see the jewelry with which Harriet is in love.  As is not ununusual for me when I enter the name, "Buccellati" into a search engine, I found something which distracted me, however.  This ring is for sale on eBay for $8,500.00 (which I cannot afford).  It would fit me, too!  I would like to know if anyone knows the seller and if he is reputable.  The eBay feedback certainly looks good!

Deborah

Attachments
BuccellatiRingeBay.jpg
BuccellatiRingeBay.jpg (17.94 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Post by AGBF » February 21st, 2009, 5:02 am

Date:
2/21/2009 10:58:21 AM

This ring is for sale on eBay for $8,500.00 (which I cannot afford).

Now if this was in Bill Pearlman''s store, I would be able to find a creative way ti finance it!  How come Bill doesn''t have this one?

Deborah

Post by AGBF » February 21st, 2009, 5:15 am

These are the long pendant earrings from the Buccellati Honolulu Collection.  They should give you an idea of the jewelry at which Harriet has been looking, although I think we can certainly scare up pictures of more pieces from the collection if we try!

I bought myself some long (very short in relation to these) 14K yellow gold earrings inexpensively last week as a birthday present for myself.  I will try to photograph them and get a picture of them into this thread!

Deborah

Attachments
HonoluluPendantEarrings.jpg
HonoluluPendantEarrings.jpg (14.9 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Post by AGBF » February 21st, 2009, 10:43 am

This is a very bad picture-but at least an ear shot-of my birthday earrings (well, one of them).  My daughter had said she would take a picture, but she wasn''t feeling well, so I had to take this in the bathroom mirror.  That black circle in my face is the lens from the video camera :-).  I do not think I ever wore earrings as "flighty" as this before.  I am not sure my husband approved.  He made what seemed to be a somewhat negative comment over lunch today, while looking at me askance.  I am 58.  Maybe they are inappropriate ;-). On the other hand, maybe my family just isn''t used to anything but tiny, conservative jewelry-and usually not even that-on me!

Deborah
Attachments
2009BdayEarrings2.jpg
2009BdayEarrings2.jpg (73.6 KiB) Viewed 201 times

Post by Harriet » February 21st, 2009, 10:53 am
Deb dear, don''t be silliy. The earrings look elegant on you.

1590 posts • Page 20 of 531, 2, 3, ..., 5, 10, 15, ..., 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, ..., 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53

« Return to Jewelry Pieces