shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
22 karat gold studs, in the shape of the desert rose. Bought either in Bahrain or Dubai, I can't remember. Gift from a family member. Enjoy!

photo_972.jpg

photo_973.jpg

photo_974.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
18k gold elephant bangle from Dubai.

photo_999.jpg

photo_1000.jpg

photo_1001.jpg

photo_1002.jpg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continued.

photo_1003.jpg

photo_1004.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jambalaya-

I first saw you posting in The Silver Thread, which was wonderful, because your lovely silver snowflake earrings made me think icicles and silver bells and other suitable seasonal beautiful things. This is my favorite thread, however, so seeing that you have gorgeous high karat gold really gives me kick! Thank you so much for sharing photos of your beautiful gold jewelry here.

Unfortunately, as I recently said to Rinky, much of the gorgeous gold jewelry posted of late has gone unappreciated just because this thread is "cold" at the moment. I would love it to heat up again!

You and Rinky have certainly done your part!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Deb :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1415906562|3782767 said:

Thank you for hanging in here, Rinky!!!

Hugs,

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks AGBF! I'm just sorry I don't have any more high karat gold jewelry to show!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rinky I really love your huge amazing jewelry. Now that's what I call a necklace! Post all your wonderful things here so we can see!

Hippi Pixie, I think those anklets are just stunning. Do you wear them much, and what with?

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Jambalaya,

I love your elephant bangle, the workmanship is amazing :appl: As you can guess I am a HUGE fan of intricate, ornate and traditional pieces of Indian high karat jewelry and own a few select pieces. Thank you for your compliments, I have posted quite a few pics and will continue to do so. Adding my most recent purchase here, a pendant set made of seed pearls, south sea pearls, uncut diamonds, rubies and emeralds.. will post a neck shot once I wear it.. :cheeky:

photo_1_133.jpg

Thanks,
Rinky

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1416597289|3788100 said:
Jambalaya,

I love your elephant bangle, the workmanship is amazing :appl: As you can guess I am a HUGE fan of intricate, ornate and traditional pieces of Indian high karat jewelry and own a few select pieces. Thank you for your compliments, I have posted quite a few pics and will continue to do so. Adding my most recent purchase here, a pendant set made of seed pearls, south sea pearls, uncut diamonds, rubies and emeralds.. will post a neck shot once I wear it.. :cheeky:

I know it was too soon for you to have acquired yet another piece, Rinky, but when I first saw a flash of gold I thought perhaps you either had a new piece you had never before posted on Pricescope or you were posting a neck shot in this set! This set is new to Jambalaya, and I am sure she will be awed by it, as I was, but I want to see it on you!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I rarely make it over to the "show and tell" corners of PS but I dropped by today, and...

rinkyb... oh my goodness your pieces are astounding! I particularly like the gold-and-ruby collar-style necklace you posed on the previous page. Absolutely luscious, and how kind of you to model some of your necklaces for us!

Jambalaya... I :love: that elephant bracelet! It looks like something you could wear everyday, even it's so beautiful and special. I want one even though it would send totally the wrong signal about me here in the U.S! ;-)

Now that I've discovered this thread, I'll go back and explore further some evening when I can enjoy at my leisure.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1416699277|3788696 said:
I rarely make it over to the "show and tell" corners of PS but I dropped by today, and...

(snip of compliments)

Now that I've discovered this thread, I'll go back and explore further some evening when I can enjoy at my leisure.

So nice to see you here, VRBeauty. This is not really a show and tell thread, though. It's not at all like, "Show me The Bling", for instance. Often it is a thread where we show each other pieces we have seen and are lusting after and then we all just marvel over them! It is one in which we find amazing pieces of high karat gold and drool over them. ;)) Only once in a while does one of us get flush and actually buy something. Rinky has been a bit luckier than most us, however. Some members from countries other than the boring old US, UK, and Canada appear to have acquired a few nice pieces of gold jewelry. (Hint to our poster in Turkey if she is still reading!)

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I had a dream last night about a "custom" pink gold necklace.. No idea where this idea came "from" but thought I'd like to bump this thread and search out pink gold pieces--that might one day become my own!

I've taken time off work until the new year so will have extra time to devote to finding pieces to link here (no pun intended!) But in the mean time, feel free to post thing--pink, rose, pinkish--etc from our favorite gold designers. Just like in days of old.

IF MZ is around, perhaps she can start by reposting her red gold chain. Tis the season and all that...very apropos. I'll be back after I exercise! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1416842673|3789525 said:
HI:

I had a dream last night about a "custom" pink gold necklace.. No idea where this idea came "from" but thought I'd like to bump this thread and search out pink gold pieces--that might one day become my own!

I've taken time off work until the new year so will have extra time to devote to finding pieces to link here (no pun intended!) But in the mean time, feel free to post thing--pink, rose, pinkish--etc from our favorite gold designers. Just like in days of old.

IF MZ is around, perhaps she can start by reposting her red gold chain. Tis the season and all that...very apropos. I'll be back after I exercise! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

I used to love rose and pink and red gold, Sharon. I have not been in Europe for many, many years. When my husband's parents were alive, however, we visited them at least once a year and I always took a tour of the back alley jewelry shops in Genoa under the guidance of my father-in-law who knew how to bargain. (He was a small shopkeeper in Genoa himself, after all!) I did not always get a gold piece. We were pretty poor when we were first married, but I cannot complain. I bought some delicate but lovely pieces that are now sitting in my safety deposit box! And I still remember one I missed out on...a square red gold bracelet with chains on two of the sides. My husband said no and I never saw anything like it ever again. C'est la vie.

I am so glad that you are going on a hunt. I am glad to be hunting with you!

Hugs,
Deb ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI Deb:

Glad you are still here on this thread! I know of the color of gold you speak--I did my fair share of window shopping three years ago in Italy and saw many lovely colors of pink-red gold. None made it home with me!

I do not know what gave rise to my dream....but the gold chain was really faint pink--satin finish or hammered (not high polish) and almost platinum looking. At any rate, I though that YH or Gurhan might have something but alas, I have seen nothing! But in all fairness, they use 22k yellow as a staple.

Think I will take a look on European sites--they tend to have more unusual items.

Also, there are many colors on this range--the VCA is almost too pink for me--while I like Cartier and Tiffany's rose gold. I saw one of two Pomellato pieces but they looked almost yellow. Perhaps just the picture on the monitor.

If you spy anything post it for us all to ogle!

ETA: here is a link to some favorite designers......

http://www.allaboutgemstones.com/contemporary_jewelry_designers.html

cheers--Sharon

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm...I thought this is sort of the SMT-high karat gold thread stuff. In that case, I don't have a favourite designer but just love all the nearly pure gold jewellery I see in Asia, be it from India or China or Hong Kong or wherever else. I have never been to the Middle East but from what is shown here, I think I would also love the designs they create.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your kind comments, will post neck shots soon :love:

Rinky

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1416861318|3789710 said:
Thank you all for your kind comments, will post neck shots soon :love:

Rinky

You have been a most faithful poster, Rinky, so we will try to be patient with you. But please, do not forget!!! ;))

Deb

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon-

I was just passing through some website-it may have been Betteridge-while doing a search for something specific-and I saw some rose gold pieces (two of them) on the first page of the website. One Buccellati and one Bulgari. I think they may have been on the Betteridge website.

Just a hint: if you do a search for "rose gold jewelery" or "pink gold jewelry" on the Betteridge site you get slightly different results. There is some overlap, however!

Betteridge Pink Gold Jewelry...http://www.betteridge.com/jewelry/a/?q=pink+gold

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1417196767|3791745 said:
Sharon-

I was just passing through some website-it may have been Betteridge-while doing a search for something specific-and I saw some rose gold pieces (two of them) on the first page of the website. One Buccellati and one Bulgari. I think they may have been on the Betteridge website.

Just a hint: if you do a search for "rose gold jewelery" or "pink gold jewelry" on the Betteridge site you get slightly different results. There is some overlap, however!

Betteridge Pink Gold Jewelry...http://www.betteridge.com/jewelry/a/?q=pink+gold

HI Deb:

Thanks--my favorite website of course....I recall when I could have purchased that Verdura gold cuff for 8K!!

If it weren't -20 C here and ice rain/snowing, I would venture to my favorite jeweller and see what they have. The hammered oval loops (as necklaces) have been duplicated by many brands, so I might tap into their artful collective and see what else they can think of--since they are responsible for much of my custom jewellery.

:wavey: --Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1417200901|3791777 said:
AGBF|1417196767|3791745 said:

Thanks--my favorite website of course....I recall when I could have purchased that Verdura gold cuff for 8K!!

You must have been watching that for a while. There is a Tiffany "twist" bracelet that I first noticed at about $3,000.00. I should go see what it costs now (if it is still for sale). It had a similar rise in price. I watched in amazement!

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is now $12,000.00 and also out of stock.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

twistbracelet.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this beauty. Fortekitty's bangle with 1.8ct OEC in 14kt YG with 22kt YG wash. Setting from Jewels by Grace.

_24681.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Another with her also amazing YG pendant.

_24682.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1417209221|3791837 said:
Just wanted to make sure everyone saw this beauty. Fortekitty's bangle with 1.8ct OEC in 14kt YG with 22kt YG wash. Setting from Jewels by Grace.

Yes, it was impossible to miss! :love: :love: :love: Thanks for reposting it here RB!

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
My pleasure. It's so spectacular!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results