shape
carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Hi all-

I've started loving all the higher carat yellow gold lately and have wanted a very simple 22kt yellow gold wedding ring; something very plain with no milgrain or any sort of design in 2mm width. I have been to some of the Indian stores near me and no one had what I was looking for or indicated they'd be able to make a band.

I found this UK website and it looks like they ship to the US. I'd like something like this: http://www.kodega.com/show_product/PWR-G20M-CT/80/1//14/

Does anyone know of a place I could purchase this kind of very plain and simple ring?

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
LS -- I found 3 sites with 22k plain bands. I haven't worked with any of them, so can't give you experience, but the rings look very nice.

http://www.meenajewelers.com/details/Rings/Wedding_Bands/15232/22k_Fancy_Unisex_Gold_Band/
4.4 mm, might be bigger than you want.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/208691...to=US&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
1 mm

https://www.etsy.com/listing/186778...age=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery
1.5 mm & they have 1 mm too -- probably can do any thickness you want.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Logan Sapphire|1398448282|3659942 said:
Hi all-

I've started loving all the higher carat yellow gold lately and have wanted a very simple 22kt yellow gold wedding ring; something very plain with no milgrain or any sort of design in 2mm width. I have been to some of the Indian stores near me and no one had what I was looking for or indicated they'd be able to make a band.

I found this UK website and it looks like they ship to the US. I'd like something like this: http://www.kodega.com/show_product/PWR-G20M-CT/80/1//14/

Does anyone know of a place I could purchase this kind of very plain and simple ring?

I highly recommend etsy vendor Raven's Refuge - https://www.etsy.com/shop/RavensRefuge?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav&ga_search_query=2mm - high-quality materials and craftsmanship and excellent communication - just email them your band preferences and they'll get back to you with a quote - they do have a 4-6 week queue I believe - right now Dan is making me this 21kt 2mm textured band...

il_170x135_216202204.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marymm|1398525199|3660568 said:
Logan Sapphire|1398448282|3659942 said:
Hi all-

I highly recommend etsy vendor Raven's Refuge - https://www.etsy.com/shop/RavensRefuge?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav&ga_search_query=2mm - high-quality materials and craftsmanship and excellent communication - just email them your band preferences and they'll get back to you with a quote - they do have a 4-6 week queue I believe - right now Dan is making me this 21kt 2mm textured band...

il_170x135_216202204.jpg

Hi, Logan Sapphire. I do not have any wedding bands like the ones Laurie posted, but I have a couple of hammered 24K ones that look exactly like the ones marymm posted. I love mine, but I cannot, now, recall where where I got them! I therefore recommend that you go with marymm's recommendation and use her Etsy vendor! That design has worked for me!

Deb/AGBF

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I had mine made locally, in "Chinatown"--by the same vendor who made my 24k necklaces and bracelets. I wore the band for years and really enjoyed the color. Despite it's thickness, it became out of round after continued use. Luckily, that is an easy problem to remedy.

cheers--Sharon

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all the recommendations! I think I would die and go to heaven if I ever had the chance to own a singlestone gold band! The Ravens Refuge site looks quite promising too. My 18kt bands from ewedding bands should arrive on Tuesday so I'll probably see how I like the general look before I pursue a more expensive route. I have an 18kt yg Lucida band but it's wider than id like.

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Posting one of recent acquisitions..
Let me know what you guys think!! :cheeky:

image_1636.jpg

Thanks
Rinky

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1398978565|3664638 said:
Posting one of recent acquisitions..
Let me know what you guys think!! :cheeky:

Thanks
Rinky

The work that went into it is incredible. I love the granulation. Hearty congratulations on your beautiful, new piece!

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF :wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:wavey: :appl: :love:
quite the acquisition, rinkyb!

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies!!

Rinky

pencilcase

Rough_Rock
I really enjoyed all the gorgeous pieces everyone has posted so far!
Here is my mom's pair of bangles, in 22kt.
They have a screw closure, which you can see on the top bangle.

20140504_233918.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
simply gorgeous!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I have to bump this thread!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, pregcurious. While I am disappointed that you did not post the photo of a new piece of high karat gold, I am glad you bumped this thread, anyway. I don't have a new picture to post today, either. I have, however, been wearing my 24K jewelry a bit in the past couple of weeks.

As I wrote in another thread, my niece is getting married. Actually, she already got married in two ceremonies: a civil ceremony which I attended and a Muslim one at her home attended only by her husband and her; her parents; and two men from the mosque her husband attends. My brother described that ceremony to me and it was, apparently, very low-key with one of the men reading and speaking to couple. I believe that my niece's husband may also have read a little. There was some translation into English for my brother and my niece about the message of what was said and it included that the couple should respect each others' families. My brother had not known if he should serve snacks or a meal, but the gentlemen only took some liquid (non-alcohol) refreshment and then left.

At any rate, after these two ceremonies my niece had a bridal shower, given by her sister who lives in California and who had been unable to attend the first (civil) ceremony that immediate family attended. This bridal shower is the "official" shower for all the women invited to the "official" wedding to be held in August. Had there been no immigration constraints, the August wedding would have been the only wedding. (Or the only wedding besides the Muslim one, I should say.) the big wedding will be for friends and family and will be at the family's Catholic Church. My niece will be able to have a Catholic wedding (she and her husband are going for the mandatory pre-Cana counseling now), but will be unable to have a mass. Presumably this is because they jumped the gun and got married outside of the Catholic Church first.

But back to my jewelry! I decided to go with all 24K gold for my niece's bridal shower, and then-since my godson's son had a first birthday party about a week later and all that gold was still outside of the safety deposit box-I wore it all a second time to the party for my godson's son. No one said a word about it at the bridal shower, but at the baby's birthday party everyone made me take off my bangle bracelets and passed them around guessing their weight and their worth!!! (It was a very relaxed, bling loving table at the baby's birthday party. We were all older and everybody loved jewelry!)

I have shown my bangles here many times, but just so that everyone knows what was under discussion, I'll post them again. I also had on a Yossi Harari (I think he and not Gurhan designed it) yellow gold pretzel worn as a necklace; a yellow gold solitaire set in a bezel and four diamond stacking rings of yellow 24K gold by Gurhan on my left hand. I had my 18K solitaire on my right hand and Gurhan 24K dangling earrings that look like sequins.

Deb ;))

_20019.jpg

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Love the hammered gold bangles :cheeky:

Rinky

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rinkyb|1404858570|3709266 said:
Love the hammered gold bangles :cheeky:

Thank you, rinky. You are, obviously, an expert! Mine are a simple style, but I love them.

Deb :wavey:

rinkyb

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Deb :cheeky:

Rinky

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful bangle bracelets!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crown1|1405805347|3716733 said:
Beautiful bangle bracelets!

Thank you, crown1. If you were referring to mine as well as to pencilcase's bangles, that is! :wavey:

Deb

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I was referring to your bracelets. The bracelets of pencilcase are also lovely but I love the simplicity of yours.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A couple of years ago I commissioned a pair of 4mm round ball studs in 24K gold from Kate Szabone on Etsy. I know I have them somewhere, safe, but I don't know where! So I decided I needed a new pair of 3mm earrings to replace the large (perhaps 6mm) studs I have been wearing everyday. I, therefore, ordered a pair of 14K "solid" gold (i.e. not plated) shiny ball shaped studs from one Etsy vendor a few days ago. I just wanted a smaller, less obvious, option than the studs I am currently wearing.

Only a funny thing happened. As I thought about the 14K earrings, I kept thinking how much I wished that I had a pair of solid 24K gold earrings coming to me! I envisioned a pair of solid gold nuggets, heavy and solid, in place of some lightweight ball studs.

So I went back to perusing earrings on the Internet.

In the end I ended up buying a second pair of studs, this time in 24K, very solid gold. I ordered these from the woman whom I would like to make more bangle bracelets for me one day.

I am posting photos of both pairs of the earrings which I asked to have made up. They are really, really tiny, but I wanted something attractive just to keep the place where my ears were pierced without drawing a lot of attention to them.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

_20716.jpg

nuggetearrings.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1406438281|3721329 said:
A couple of years ago I commissioned a pair of 4mm round ball studs in 24K gold from Kate Szabone on Etsy. I know I have them somewhere, safe, but I don't know where! So I decided I needed a new pair of 3mm earrings to replace the large (perhaps 6mm) studs I have been wearing everyday. I, therefore, ordered a pair of 14K "solid" gold (i.e. not plated) shiny ball shaped studs from one Etsy vendor a few days ago. I just wanted a smaller, less obvious, option than the studs I am currently wearing.

Only a funny thing happened. As I thought about the 14K earrings, I kept thinking how much I wished that I had a pair of solid 24K gold earrings coming to me! I envisioned a pair of solid gold nuggets, heavy and solid, in place of some lightweight ball studs.

In the end I ended up buying a second pair of studs, this time in 24K, very solid gold. I ordered these from the woman whom I would like to make more bangle bracelets for me one day.

I am posting photos of both pairs of the earrings which I asked to have made up. They are really, really tiny, but I wanted something attractive just to keep the place where my ears were pierced without drawing a lot of attention to them.

Deb/AGBF

Deb,

Those 3mm 24K studs are perfection!! Are they also by Kate Szabone? I must have a pair!

Also do you wear your amazing diamond hoops much? Are you happy with that purchase?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1406460967|3721393 said:

Deb/AGBF

Deb,

Those 3mm 24K studs are perfection!! Are they also by Kate Szabone? I must have a pair!

Also do you wear your amazing diamond hoops much? Are you happy with that purchase?

I agree. Those 24K nugget earrings are gorgeous Deb. :love: Solid perfection! :love:
Are you enjoying your diamond hoops? I hope you are because they are gorgeous too!

_20724.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Deb,

I hope you do get a pair, then, Rosebloom!

But, no, the ones pictured are not by Kate Szabone. The earrings pictured are not 24K. They are more affordable than the pair I am commissioning. The ones pictured are 14K and far less expensive. (Let me know if you want the link.) The pair I am having made will be by Karen Wickman. I found her, although I cannot afford to have another gold bangle made at this time, when I was looking for someone who will-eventually-be able to make two more gold bangles for my set.

Karen Wickman's Shop...https://www.etsy.com/shop/karenwickman?ref=shopinfo_shophome_leftnav

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^^ I love Karen Wickman's jewelry. My ruby necklace and earrings were made by her last year and they are lovely. I hope you love your earrings from her Deb. She does nice work!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1406466044|3721415 said:

Deb,

But, no, the ones pictured are not by Kate Szabone. The earrings pictured are not 24K. They are more affordable than the pair I am commissioning. The ones pictured are 14K and far less expensive. (Let me know if you want the link.)

Rosebloom,

Since you liked the earrings pictured, I am posting a link to Etsy shop that sells them. They are available in 14K yellow gold (as shown above) and in 14K rose gold (as shown below). The gold is described as "recycled" and "eco-friendly". There is only one pair of each at the moment. The price of each pair is $95.00. (That is the same price that Karen Wickman charges for 14K earrings by the way. Check out her website.) The 24K earrings I commissioned, however, will not be hollow, but solid, and will cost $650.00. That is a pretty big price difference for a tiny pair of earrings! As I said, I initially thought I would "make do" with a pair of 14K 5mm studs rather than to spend a fortune!

At any rate, please let me know if you buy any gold studs!!!

The Etsy Shop That Sells The 14K Studs...https://www.etsy.com/shop/tinysparklestudio?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Hugs,
Deb

_20725.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1406466758|3721420 said:
^^ I love Karen Wickman's jewelry. My ruby necklace and earrings were made by her last year and they are lovely. I hope you love your earrings from her Deb. She does nice work!

Darling missy! After I answered Rosebloom's question I was going to go back and address your comments in this thread, but you beat me to it! I hope you are not glued to you computer because you are in pain. I haven't seen the most recent updates in your thread, but you were having pain when last I read it. I am very glad you have some beautiful jewelry by Karen Wickman. (Is any of it pictured on Pricescope?) But how are you!?

Hugs,
Deb

PS-If Karen made you gold jewelry, it should be in this thread! (I do not know how your rubies were set.) When you have recuperated, maybe you can post photos here!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1406467798|3721430 said:
missy|1406466758|3721420 said:

Darling missy! After I answered Rosebloom's question I was going to go back and address your comments in this thread, but you beat me to it! I hope you are not glued to you computer because you are in pain. I haven't seen the most recent updates in your thread, but you were having pain when last I read it. I am very glad you have some beautiful jewelry by Karen Wickman. (Is any of it pictured on Pricescope?) But how are you!?

Hugs,
Deb

PS-If Karen made you gold jewelry, it should be in this thread! (I do not know how your rubies were set.) When you have recuperated, maybe you can post photos here!

Dear Deb, not glued as much as jumping around from one thing to another as it does occupy my mind and help with the pain. Yesterday was a much better pain day but today I woke up with much more pain and am just trying to work my way through it. Keeping my mind occupied helps tremendously but I cannot stay at one task for too long hence I am jumping around. PS is a great diversion as is cuddling with my precious furbabies, reading a chapter here or there in an easy to concentrate novel and talking on the phone with friends. My dh is cooking up a storm for me (wonderful man truly) and in a little while I will shower and shampoo with his help and be ready to face the day. Thank you for asking and as usual my answer got away from me lol.

Back to the story...here is the only pic I can find right now of my Karen Wickman necklace. This is her glamour shot but I have it in white gold and the earrings as well. Need to look for more pics. I found some! :))

ETA: Wow, I love those rose gold nugget studs. The color is so rich and lovely!

rubynecklace-1.jpg

_251.jpeg

_20726.jpg

_20727.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1406467248|3721424 said:
AGBF|1406466044|3721415 said:

Deb,

But, no, the ones pictured are not by Kate Szabone. The earrings pictured are not 24K. They are more affordable than the pair I am commissioning. The ones pictured are 14K and far less expensive. (Let me know if you want the link.)

Rosebloom,

Since you liked the earrings pictured, I am posting a link to Etsy shop that sells them. They are available in 14K yellow gold (as shown above) and in 14K rose gold (as shown below). The gold is described as "recycled" and "eco-friendly". There is only one pair of each at the moment. The price of each pair is $95.00. (That is the same price that Karen Wickman charges for 14K earrings by the way. Check out her website.) The 24K earrings I commissioned, however, will not be hollow, but solid, and will cost $650.00. That is a pretty big price difference for a tiny pair of earrings! As I said, I initially thought I would "make do" with a pair of 14K 5mm studs rather than to spend a fortune!

At any rate, please let me know if you buy any gold studs!!!

The Etsy Shop That Sells The 14K Studs...https://www.etsy.com/shop/tinysparklestudio?ref=l2-shopheader-name

Hugs,
Deb

Thank you so much for this info, Deb. Just two days ago I ordered some 18K 5mm ball studs but I think I like these more. When they arrive I'll decide if I return or not. I'll let you know.

And Missy, I love that ruby set! And so, so, so sorry about your pain. Ugh.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results