carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1368673784|3447883 said:
I have a project going with pearls and 22k gold....
see: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-earrings.187483/page-2#post-3447880#p3447880
would love the opinion of the high karat fans as well re changing from a hook to a post.
please come on over and tell me what you think.
I would have started a new topic in this forum but I think the quickest way to get your attention is in this thread!
besides, it needed a good bump........ :bigsmile:

Thanks for posting this notice here, MZ. If you had not, I never would have seen that thread on your earrings. They look very enticing. I understand that you (and Sharon) have some concerns about executing them in 22K gold, but I think they would look fabulous in 22K!

Hugs,
Deb
:wavey:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
actually, my concern isn't about doing them in 22k gold.
my concern is about changing from a hook to a post.......
I actually think the post would also be in the spirit of the "period".....
what say you?
same design but a bit larger to accommodate the larger pearls but with a post where the "bead" sits....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1368719055|3448207 said:
what say you?
same design but a bit larger to accommodate the larger pearls but with a post where the "bead" sits....

HI:

It would be nice to see a mock-up with a post and hook.

My DH bought me some very traditional earrings (22k) from the UAE and when the hook broke I had them changed to a post. While wearing them--you couldn't really notice the difference--except the earrings were closer to the ear with the post....hooks provide more space and are more like a "drop".

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1368739880|3448513 said:
movie zombie|1368719055|3448207 said:
what say you?

My DH bought me some very traditional earrings (22k) from the UAE and when the hook broke I had them changed to a post. While wearing them--you couldn't really notice the difference--except the earrings were closer to the ear with the post....hooks provide more space and are more like a "drop".

I can see that if you put the post exactly where the bead is now, you will lose some "drop". That is an aesthetic choice that is up to you, however. The drop adds grace, but having the pearls closer to your face (in my opinion) is often more flattering.

Deb/AGBF

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, Sharon and Deb. take a look at this picture:

http://pinterest.com/pin/282882420314523483/

photo of "my" earrings but with 4 handing pearls and certainly higher up on the ear.

attractive? imo, yes!

btw, this is a photo of a fayum mummy painting: when ancient romans of means died, the tops of their caskets were painted in their likeness but of when they they were younger [!] and with their finery. this is where the above photo comes from. if nothing else, my research is teaching many things about early romans!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsAkin|1367091809|3435786 said:
Deb,

I'm so sorry for responding so late. Since this past January my life is hectic! My grandmother had a heart attack, my father in law had a brain hemorrhage and we sold our house & moved 6 weeks ago. The internet company finally decided it was time for us to have internet access again (!) and finished the process today. The said process may or may not include nearly 10 phone calls and some PG rated words said by my husband! :angryfire:

How great would it be to go diamond shopping with you, Sharon and Laurie! You seem really close, do you ever get together?

There is one thing I'd like to add. Since you have a grown up daughter and I'm only 26 it really makes me blush to see how nice you are! Here in Turkey we respect our elders and they never apologize! Even when they're wrong young people should stay calm and quiet- it's disrespectful to talk back. And you weren't even being rude to begin with! Sometimes life gets in the way. I really hope your problems gets resolved. I don't know what kind of problems you have with your daughter but give her some time - as we girls grow up our understanding for our moms also grow.

alice87- thank you. When you apply henna it shouldn't have contact with water for a few hours. We prefer to let it really work overnight. After that you can wash your hands and the dye would stay on for...two weeks tops but I think it looks the best for the first few days. It slowly fades everytime you wash your hands. :)

I am sorry for all your problems, MrsAkin. Thank you, also, for your kind words to me.

I have followed your progress through other threads in Hangout and Jewelry Pieces with pleasure, although I have not commented on them. I am very happy that you have been so active a member of Pricescope and that I have been learning more about you.

Have you been affected by the riots in Istanbul? They seem very violent, but I was not sure if you lived in Istanbul or only went there to shop! I have to go back to read your postings more carefully.

It seems that your prime minister, Mr. Recep Tayyip Erdogan, is very unpopular. One of our newspapers, "The New York Times" had many photos of Istanbul today. One showed a square; its caption said that at least 1,000 people had been injured there, in Taksim square. I hope you and your family are well.

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1370196690|3457746 said:
Have you been affected by the riots in Istanbul? They seem very violent, but I was not sure if you lived in Istanbul or only went there to shop! I have to go back to read your postings more carefully.

I am sorry that my memory is so bad, MrsAkin. I went back to the beautiful autobiography you posted a couple of pages back. What I must have been thinking of when I thought you might not live in Istanbul, was your childhood. You wrote about where you grew up and, also, a little about places where you traveled within Turkey. You did say clearly, however, that you lived in Istanbul and hoped to live there forever! I hope that you and yours are safe!

Love,
Deb

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I'm spending the weekend with my future inlaws who are indian and the women have an AMAZING gold and diamond collection. i thought i'd post a sneak peak. this piece was made 50 years ago for the birth of an uncle and contains 2 tiger claws

photo__2_16.jpg

photo__3_20.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Wow! What a piece! I hope you'll share more!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hippi_pixi|1371219572|3465741 said:
I'm spending the weekend with my future inlaws who are indian and the women have an AMAZING gold and diamond collection. i thought i'd post a sneak peak. this piece was made 50 years ago for the birth of an uncle and contains 2 tiger claws

I, also, look forward to seeing more jewelry...and I am envious as can be as it is! That piece is gorgeous, but I would be thinking, "poor tiger" whenever I saw it!

Deb/AGBF

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
i know! as a modern piece with tiger claws i wouldn't even have touched it but its 50 years old...
they have an amazing collection and i photographed everything as much as i could which is still only some and i will share soon :) no other animal parts i promise

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hippi_pixi|1371253383|3466125 said:
i know! as a modern piece with tiger claws i wouldn't even have touched it but its 50 years old...
they have an amazing collection and i photographed everything as much as i could which is still only some and i will share soon :) no other animal parts i promise

I look forward to seeing everything. And as for those items that were made in the old days or that we bought unknowingly...I "inherited" a black winter car coat trimmed with what we thought was fake fur when we bought it for my adolescent daughter many years ago. She outgrew it and gave it to me. I only realized that it was trimmed in real animal fur (which I would never have knowingly bought) when my friend's dogs went wild over it, chewing my cuffs!

Hugs,
Deb

MrsAkin

Rough_Rock
Hello Deb,

I was trying to go to sleep when I decided to visit pricescope. Then I saw your post and thought I have to reply! Thank you for your concerns about my wellbeing! The vandalism and riots were centered in Taksim Square and really far away from where I live. It's not a residential area. Unfortunately the business owners there were not so lucky...

Yes, there have been ongoing riots in Taksim and I'm sad to see the disinformation in the foreign press. The thing is our prime minister is extremely popular and he has the support of millions of Turkish people. His party (The Justice and Development Party) won the 2011 elections with literally % 50 of the votes. There were 16 parties in total and this one party got half of the votes! That percentage equals to more than 21 million votes. Just today he had a public speech in Istanbul and more than 1 million people flocked to the Kazlıçeşme Square to support him.

This political party has been serving our country for more than 10 years. This party cleared out our IMF debts. You may have heard about terrorism which has been a deep wound for our country for nearly 30 years. Thousands of people died in a battle of brothers. We have spent a reported 300 billion dollars on this battle. Just recently the government and PKK -finally- agreed on truce. Healthcare is improving, muslim women are no longer banned from universities... As a Turkish citizen I can clearly say there's a huge difference in how I feel about my future. I'm hopeful.

But as usual there are people who do not support the prime minister. The riots started on the base of "environmentalism". Some extreme leftist press organs have been pumping news about the government cutting down trees on Gezi Park, which is located right across Taksim Square. They said that the government was trying to make money out of building a mall on where the Gezi Park is located. But ironically they tried to make it a matter of taking down the government. Those people you see on the papers are mostly extreme leftists. Take a look at this picture:

http://cdn.yazete.com/store/img/ataturk-ve-ocalan-yan-yana-1293945-465x309.jpg

The man on the yellow flag is Abdullah Öcalan who is the head of PKK. (He's now under arrest.) The other flag shows Atatürk who is the founder of the Republic of Turkey. Now this shows what the protestors were all about. Take a look at their actions, they burned down civil people's shops, cars, broke the pavements, destroyed public property and so on. Way to be an environmentalist! The damage those so called democratic protestors cost on our country is reportedly 70 million TL. Do you want to know the saddest part? The leader of the main opposition party made clear that they support these terrorism actions. He clearly doesn't care about the peace on this country. Just trying to get by and use this situation on his advantage. Such a shame... Basically some people couldn't take losing multiple elections. This minority thinks democracy is having the people they support rule the country. Well, that's not how it works!

I know this is a long post and I'm possibly thread jacking but I'm so ready for everything to be better. We just want peace and unity in our country. I hope everything resolves to be on our country's best interest. I hope we can start sharing more pleasant news soon! You're a kind and knowledgeable woman. Thanks again for your good wishes! :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsAkin|1371423559|3467032 said:
Hello Deb,

I was trying to go to sleep when I decided to visit pricescope. Then I saw your post and thought I have to reply! Thank you for your concerns about my wellbeing! The vandalism and riots were centered in Taksim Square and really far away from where I live. It's not a residential area. Unfortunately the business owners there were not so lucky...

Yes, there have been ongoing riots in Taksim and I'm sad to see the disinformation in the foreign press. The thing is our prime minister is extremely popular and he has the support of millions of Turkish people. His party (The Justice and Development Party) won the 2011 elections with literally % 50 of the votes. There were 16 parties in total and this one party got half of the votes! That percentage equals to more than 21 million votes. Just today he had a public speech in Istanbul and more than 1 million people flocked to the Kazlıçeşme Square to support him.

This political party has been serving our country for more than 10 years. This party cleared out our IMF debts. You may have heard about terrorism which has been a deep wound for our country for nearly 30 years. Thousands of people died in a battle of brothers. We have spent a reported 300 billion dollars on this battle. Just recently the government and PKK -finally- agreed on truce. Healthcare is improving, muslim women are no longer banned from universities... As a Turkish citizen I can clearly say there's a huge difference in how I feel about my future. I'm hopeful.

But as usual there are people who do not support the prime minister. The riots started on the base of "environmentalism". Some extreme leftist press organs have been pumping news about the government cutting down trees on Gezi Park, which is located right across Taksim Square. They said that the government was trying to make money out of building a mall on where the Gezi Park is located. But ironically they tried to make it a matter of taking down the government. Those people you see on the papers are mostly extreme leftists. Take a look at this picture:

http://cdn.yazete.com/store/img/ataturk-ve-ocalan-yan-yana-1293945-465x309.jpg

The man on the yellow flag is Abdullah Öcalan who is the head of PKK. (He's now under arrest.) The other flag shows Atatürk who is the founder of the Republic of Turkey. Now this shows what the protestors were all about. Take a look at their actions, they burned down civil people's shops, cars, broke the pavements, destroyed public property and so on. Way to be an environmentalist! The damage those so called democratic protestors cost on our country is reportedly 70 million TL. Do you want to know the saddest part? The leader of the main opposition party made clear that they support these terrorism actions. He clearly doesn't care about the peace on this country. Just trying to get by and use this situation on his advantage. Such a shame... Basically some people couldn't take losing multiple elections. This minority thinks democracy is having the people they support rule the country. Well, that's not how it works!

I know this is a long post and I'm possibly thread jacking but I'm so ready for everything to be better. We just want peace and unity in our country. I hope everything resolves to be on our country's best interest. I hope we can start sharing more pleasant news soon! You're a kind and knowledgeable woman. Thanks again for your good wishes! :wavey:

Thank you for your long and thoughtful reply, MrsAkin. I have some questions for you-and I do not think that anyone minds a threadjack here in The Gold Thread-but I realize that English is not your first language. I would have thought that if the protestors in the picture you posted carried a flag with Kemal Ataturk on it that that meant that they felt he was a hero. You wrote, "Now this shows what the protestors were all about" as if it reflected poorly on them to carry that flag. Are you saying that there was something wrong with Kemal Ataturk? I did not understand if that was what you meant by that sentence, because I would have thought from your writing that you would have admired him.

I am very interested in your opinion that your prime minister is so popular although there has been such a huge outcry against him. I am not sure that my opinion that he was unpopular was formed by the press so much as by the size of the popular demonstrations against him. Usually in the West if people take to the streets in huge numbers it means that they are quite dissatisfied, but countries differ! European countries have strikes at the drop of a hat, whereas they are rare here in the United States.

I must go now. I look forward to more discussion!

Deb

MrsAkin

Rough_Rock
Deb,

I can see your good intentions, you're always a polite person I see that by reading your messages. But there are some points you're missing. Maybe I didn't explain things clear enough for you. Mustafa Kemal Atatürk is the symbol of our Republic. Abdullah Öcalan on the other hand was the head of terrorist actions against the Republic. Even though he's imprisoned, he's still the leader of terrorist group PKK. Seeing their pictures side to side is quite shocking. I think those protestors were trying to somehow justify their actions by carrying a Turkish flag with Atatürk's face on it. When I said "now this shows what the protestors ( should have said protests) were all about" I meant that it was not an environmentalist protest as some would believe. Those groups tried to provoke people against the government on the grounds of environmentalism.

When you take a look at the pictures of protestors in Gezi Park, you'll see lots of young people. They are mostly university students. When I was a student in Istanbul University, the youth groups of TKP, EHP and the likes used to hold protests on the front gates of our school every Friday. One day it was about school lunches being expensive ( less than 1 dollar for a 4 course meal), one day it was about having to pay for public transportation (which we already had discounts as students) etc. The one thing in common in those protests were calling the prime minister to resign. So we are really used to seeing protest around here. It was a matter of joke between other students. Yes, there were other people in Gezi Park who do not support Erdogan at first but as soon as the things started to get violent they left the park. Now the social media is flooding with messages about stopping the violence. Last polls show that % 82,5 percent of people want the protests to stop.

I believe the prime minister is quite popular. Yesterday my husband and I were at the Bosphorus to have some tea and we saw fisherman's boats covered with his pictures on the sea. They had banners on saying "we're supporting you on the sea, we would walk the fire for you". I took pictures if you're interested. The governing party won the elections with % 35 of the votes in 2002, % 47 in 2007 and lastly % 50 percent in 2011. Their percentage of votes has never decreased. Of course not everyone in the country love and support him but facts are speaking for themselves. Which politician has the full support of every single person in a country? I also believe 10 and a half years is enough to judge the success of a government.

As far as I know Politics here and in America is very different. I have to admit that I don't have information about how the system works in your country. I do believe the elections are held between two opposite presidential candidates and people either vote for the Democrats or the Republicans? I just looked it up and saw that Barack Obama won the elections with %51 percent of the votes. This is not the case in here. As I wrote before there were 16 parties in our last election and one single party had half of the 40 million votes. That's huge for the Turkish election system. I don't know who you support and this is irrelevant. But when I say extreme leftists please know I'm drawing a line between them and the main opposition party supporters. I think it's healthy to have different ideas and beliefs in our parliament for the democracy to grow and move forward. But when people start to shoot our policemen and destroy everything in their way it's a different story.

In order to understand what's going on in our country, one should really study our political history. In 1950 the Democrat Party had % 53 percent of the votes. 4 years later the military took control of the country and hang the prime minister Adnan Menderes who was hugely supported by people. In 1990 his honor was restored by the Turkish Parliament. In 1993 our president Turgut Özal suddenly died. I still remember seeing the news with my family on the breakfast table and my dad saying "poor man, they killed him". His tomb was opened last year and the reports were not clear about whether he was poisoned or not. This country endured military interventions in 1960, 1971, 1980, 1997 and finally in 2007. The last two were more subtle interventions. We don't want the same thing happening every 10 years or so. We want the military to serve for our country, not against the will of people. We don't want some people to come and try to show our elected government who the boss is. I recommend you to research about the ongoing Ergenekon Trial if you're interested. I think the riot in Gezi is very similar to what has been going on for decades. It's not about hanging politicians anymore, it's about forcing them to leave through provoking people to act violently.

That was a long message but I really hope I cleared some questions you had. There are lots of points I wanted to add but this message is getting out of control. I'm open to more questions. :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your beautiful lesson in Turkish politics and recent history, MrsAkin. As I have written here, I have done some minor study of the Ottoman Empire and Turkey before its unification, but I know far less about Turkey after World War I. Your explanation of what started the current riots-and written in English, no less, was absolutely elegant.

I will not reiterate what I had thought you said. You made it clear what you did say. You do, indeed, revere Kemal Ataturk as the founder of modern Turkey (the Republic) as I had thought that you would.

The United States Has a strange and unique system of elections which is unlike the European parliamentary system. I believe that Turkey's system is parliamentary, where it is nearly impossible for one of many parties to get 50% of the vote. Even most US citizens do not understand out arcane system of electors and an electoral college which actually elects the president after people in the various states vote! You are right, however, that although in theory the United States is not limited to two political parties, in reality only two have a chance of electing the US president. In local elections, sometimes a "third party" can elect a candidate to office, however.

Deb/AGBF

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
just an update: i tried to start up a thread with photos of all my future families bling but PS was flipping my photos sideways and upside down and i couldn't get them to sit right :( i will try again another day

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hippi_pixi|1372244264|3472539 said:
just an update: i tried to start up a thread with photos of all my future families bling but PS was flipping my photos sideways and upside down and i couldn't get them to sit right :( i will try again another day

hippi_pixi,

Thank you for the update. However, if the problem persists, maybe you should post them as is and let someone else straighten them for you. Sometimes another poster (or a moderator) has solved a technical problem for me!

Hugs,
Deb

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AGBF ill give it another go soon

In the meantime i took my partner out shopping for mens wedding bands and he's saying he'd prefer a 22k gold band. Standard old school shape 5mm wide. He's a dentist by trade but is quite rough with his hands/posessions outside of work. Anyone got experience with high karat bands worn by men 24hrs a day everyday? If it did get worn/bent/ruined would it be possible to just melt down and remake? Better to stick to 18k?

I saw smith1940's post a while back saying she worn 24k band on a hot day and had to put it in the fridge after as it became malleable...

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
22k will have a bit of alloy in it and be stronger than 24k.
22k will dent but it will not lose gold.

18k gold is harder and won't dent.
18k gold will scratch and thereby have a loss of gold.

my thoughts are let him have what he wants. its his tradition, right? i'm sure men have worn 22k gold bands for a very long time. and yes you can always have it melted down and reuse it.

the only think i'd worry about 22k gold is for prongs on a ring to hold a stone and in that case 18k is better. why? like I said above: 22k will dent and if hit right/wrong the stone could pop out.

don't worry too much and let him enjoy his high karat gold, too!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On page 48 of this thread I wrote:

AGBF|1366910632|3434408 said:
While reading a thread Sharon started about a dilemma-actually two dilemmas-she has, I started to ruminate about an Elsa Peretti gold mesh bracelet that I have had on my Tiffany wishlist for years.

Since I don't wish to hijack that thread, I thought I'd bring my gold mesh bracelet thoughts over here. I have a lot of gold mesh jewelry. I believe that I have two bracelets that could be considered mesh, but I am not sure about the second one. I think I am going to have to go to my safe deposit box and get them out and photograph them to get your opinions. (This always take me time. I hate going to the bank!)

In the meantime, here are the two stock photos Tiffany has of the bracelet I have been wanting. It is the wider of the two by Elsa Peretti that it currently sells.

Then I posted photos of the Elsa Peretti bracelet I love. Since posting I visited my safety deposit box and saw that one bracelet that I remembered as possibly mesh is definitely not mesh. (It is a covered wire of some kind. But I can deal with that (or not) on another occasion. I am sure I have shown you that bracelet here before.)

Well today I came across an old photo of the gold mesh bracelet, so I thought I'd post it. (I probably mean repost it, since I am sure I posted it before!)

Deb
:saint:

goldmeshbracelet.jpg

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
I've made a thread showing off the family jewellery

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-family-gold.190929/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-family-gold.190929/[/URL]

lots of gold.

and also we seem to have had a quote from the family jeweller in india for my partners wedding band. 5mm plain gold band 8g of 22k gold 24000 indian rupees or AU$435. I'm hoping nothing has been lost in translation as this seems too good to be true. some of our local maul store jewellers quoted up to $2000 for 18k gold...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My favorite is a chain that sells in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan. It's called Just Gold. With gold, they work exclusively with 24 carat. Or if they use anything else, I haven't seen it. But they do have a diamond collection that uses platinum, I think.

Here is the website. It's worth checking out.

www.justgold.cc

There are many, many collections. I like the more classic ones. :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1373178598|3478424 said:
My favorite is a chain that sells in Hong Kong, China and Taiwan. It's called Just Gold. With gold, they work exclusively with 24 carat. Or if they use anything else, I haven't seen it. But they do have a diamond collection that uses platinum, I think.

www.justgold.cc

LLJsmom-

I got LOST in there!!! I found myself contemplating which set of bridal jewelry I was going to buy. I had it narrowed down to three sets, but was wondering if I would get use out of all three when I came to. That site is magical!!! Thank you!

Deb

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1373187523|3478435 said:
LLJsmom|1373178598|3478424 said:

www.justgold.cc

LLJsmom-

I got LOST in there!!! I found myself contemplating which set of bridal jewelry I was going to buy. I had it narrowed down to three sets, but was wondering if I would get use out of all three when I came to. That site is magical!!! Thank you!

Deb

AGBF, I'm pleased that you enjoyed the designs. Btw, what was the names of the sets you preferred? It's amazing how delicate and fine work with 24K cold can be, right? I have no problems wearing bracelets and rings. However, as for the bridal and classic necklaces, they are toooo heavy for daily wear, for me anyway. These days, costume jewelry can look very blingy. But I think I'm just paranoid that a big, gleaming 24K gold necklace will garner too much attention, almost toooo fabulous for the office. However, if I were walking the red carpet... ;-). In reality, I've worn my big necklaces only at weddings. I will make it a point to wear it more. I don't even know if you can buy them online. I am going back to HK next week, and will drop by the stores to check it out. :) Where do you live? I'll pick you up something. ;-)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I am wearing this bracelet today, thought I'd snap a quick picture to add to the thread. I'm not sure if I've posted this particular piece before. Sorry it isn't 24K but I wanted something more wearable. 22K or 916 gold as it is referred to in Asia, measuring 6 mm in width.

LLJ's mom,
That website is a veritable eye candy. If only it is safe and normal to wear such jewellery on an everyday basis. :lickout:

916_bracelet_back.jpg

916_bracelet_front.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
nice, Chrono....and 22k gold is considered "high karat"......just not as pure as 24k, obviously.

in this day and age it seems even 18k gold is "high karat"........................

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1373376455|3479576 said:
Since I am wearing this bracelet today, thought I'd snap a quick picture to add to the thread. I'm not sure if I've posted this particular piece before. Sorry it isn't 24K but I wanted something more wearable. 22K or 916 gold as it is referred to in Asia, measuring 6 mm in width.

Very nice, Chrono! And we aren't your (Chinese) family, so don't expect flak from us when you dare to put on something that isn't 24K. Another poster on these boards who came from a Chinese family is the one who first clued me in that anything less than 24K was, to her family, just costume jewelry! <smile>

Deb
:read:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Only those die hard gold fans would look thru past posts to find I have been interested in "gold beads". Vacillated between new Tiffany, vintage Tiffany, and new--custom 24K elsewhere.

Not for the lack of trying to find a vintage, matched, Tiffany 18K "bead" necklace and bracelet. Even to find a new set, together, has been daunting. Therefore....I have gone the 24K custom route. It's been a while but not in the least disappointing. I went to my fav jeweller in "Chinatown". Family business, second generation. Long standing association. I adore them, and they tolerate me.

My 24K, 24 inch--custom 6mm bead necklace is delicious. Beautifully made. And well worth the wait.

24 inches around my neck. Or a pearl shortener to 15 inches...plus. In addition, I can wrap the necklace to my wrist, 3 revolutions. It is a bit large, but kinda sexy to have the beads...draping. Yes.

Close to 60 gms. I noticed the weight. It is all good. :love:

Forgive me if the pictures don't come in the next 24 hrs...I try, but they don't always do what "I" want.

cheers--Sharon

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Sharon, I can't wait to see! Sounds scrumptious.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results