carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1315081702|3009196 said:
Take a look at the site -- beautiful work & design.

Been to the site already, Laurie! By the time I saw this posting, I had left my dust on the trail from Edgecomb, Maine (which I happen to know well, by the way!). (That is where the A.G.A. Correa & Son company is located.) My husband and I (and later my husband, daughter, and I) used to spend our summer vacations in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. That meant driving down the peninsula which, at one point, had a little pottery place called, "Edgecomb Potters" open on it. Now it is a huge, booming business and is given as a landmark by Correa & Son for people trying to find them! I can't imagine a more beautiful spot to have a business. It is simply gorgeous there! The whole area...Wiscasset, Damariscotta, the islands, the ends of the peninsulas!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, now you're making ME nuts! I've only been to Camden, long time ago. Would so love to go to Maine & stay for a bit & see more. My brother retired to Jefferson, way out in the boonies, a few yrs ago. Haven't visited -- not sure I could handle much time w/him & his wacked-out wife. I'd have to sneak into the state. Worth doing, though -- wish we could manage it soon! Visiting Correa is certainly another reason to try!

--- Laurie

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And of course I will butt in and say, if anyone is interested in the technical aspects of how those turk's heads are made, this guy has a great site. He specializes in turk's head rings. Multi-colored gold with platinum, draws and twists his own wire, lots of pics and discussion.

http://www.golden-knots.com/index.html

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Does that site make me feel dumb! I can't even figure out leads & bights, let alone imagine doing it. Especially like the 3-tone ring, really pretty.

--- Laurie

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1315234533|3010032 said:
Does that site make me feel dumb! I can't even figure out leads & bights, let alone imagine doing it. Especially like the 3-tone ring, really pretty.

--- Laurie

Somewhere on there (it isn't the best organized site) is a diagram of the bights and leads. After that it's not that difficult to visualize, although like you I imagine actually working it is a true mind-bender. The thing that got me, is that the man makes his own 3-strand twist - out of 3 double-twisted strands. The man is clearly nuts, and that's high? praise, coming from someone who makes fused chains based on ancient patterns.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like that bracelet lots!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I am currently obsessed with Buccellati - most likely because I am headed to Florence in a few weeks. I love this ring in particular:

buccellati%20ring.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sphenequeen|1316470444|3020956 said:
I am currently obsessed with Buccellati - most likely because I am headed to Florence in a few weeks.

I, also. With no excuse such as that I am heading for Florence (I envy you the trip to Italy). I recognized the ring as Buccellati as it was coming up on my screen...before it had even solidified into an image, let alone before I saw your posting. My radar is honed in on Buccellati! Please admire some for me!

Deb, very envious
:wavey:

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1316483740|3021082 said:
sphenequeen|1316470444|3020956 said:
I am currently obsessed with Buccellati - most likely because I am headed to Florence in a few weeks.

I, also. With no excuse such as that I am heading for Florence (I envy you the trip to Italy). I recognized the ring as Buccellati as it was coming up on my screen...before it had even solidified into an image, let alone before I saw your posting. My radar is honed in on Buccellati! Please admire some for me!

Deb, very envious

Thanks Deb - I am thrilled about my upcoming trip. I have been a long-time admirer of Buccellati, but have yet to pull the trigger on anything. We will see what happens in Florence!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In case anyone is thinking of Gurhan: new items listed on oakgem.com

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
well, i made the mistake of doing a little research just for funs as a poster in the color stone area is looking to find an e-ring to present to his GF in december. what did i find? well, this little 22k gold piece that screams its 22k gold beauty:

http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/30-60-331

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1320789413|3057264 said:
well, i made the mistake of doing a little research just for funs as a poster in the color stone area is looking to find an e-ring to present to his GF in december. what did i find? well, this little 22k gold piece that screams its 22k gold beauty:

http://www.langantiques.com/products/item/30-60-331

Well, I say it serves you right!

Hugs,
Deb

PS-Let us know if you buy it. I suspect it would look lovely on you!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Megan Thorne.

I'm going to see if I can find a similar thin (<2mm), matte finish, bezel set eternity ring to go with my ering (in my avatar), and then I'll get my ering finished in the same way. If you ladies have any suggestions of sources for similar rings, please let me know!

Thorne01.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1323460218|3078001 said:
Megan Thorne.

I'm going to see if I can find a similar thin (<2mm), matte finish, bezel set eternity ring to go with my ering (in my avatar), and then I'll get my ering finished in the same way. If you ladies have any suggestions of sources for similar rings, please let me know!

I am confused. What karat and finish is the gold of your current e-ring? Do you want to change that to match the look of the eternity band in the picture? Would you have to change it in order to match the look of the eternity band in the picture? (I cannot see your e-ring well enough to know!)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pregcurious|1323460218|3078001 said:

You have seen this photo before, but it is an alternative. Grunberger Jewelers can easily make you up a matte finish ring of any design you wish at the fraction of a price that you would pay for a designer ring. Rupert made me a ring that was far nicer than any made by Gurhan! His gold bangles were 1,000 times better, too, but that is another story!

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

Attachments

• RingMadeByGrunbergerJewelers.bmp
    324.1 KB · Views: 1,641

Nocciolata

Rough_Rock
This thread is dangerous! I am drooling over these pieces, and AGBF, you are the high-karat gold queen!

I also have questions: Would anyone please advise on how careful I need to be with a delicate 22k gold chain? It's Cathy Waterman's small lacy chain with a fairly strong-looking toggle clasp. Can I wear it with 18k and 24k pendants, or would it be best to pair it with something with the same gold content?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1323472495|3078163 said:
I am confused. What karat and finish is the gold of your current e-ring? Do you want to change that to match the look of the eternity band in the picture? Would you have to change it in order to match the look of the eternity band in the picture? (I cannot see your e-ring well enough to know!)

Deb

Thanks, Deb for the vendor suggestion. My ering is high polish 18K gold with burnish set diamonds in the shank, with a platinum head holding the center diamond (picture posted below). I would like to get a matte, bezel set 18K 3/4 eternity band, like the Megan Thorne ring above. If I can do that, I would change the finish of my ring to matte finish, and also find out if the center stone can be bezeled with a platinum head.

DSCN1903crop2.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1326150583|3098837 said:
18k red gold:

http://www.twistonline.com/GoldShellandPolkiDiamondRing15000

not sure its something i'd buy but it certainly is a chunk of red gold~

I went to the website and looked at the side view in order to get an idea of how one would wear it! It would probably be a dangerous weapon: like one brass knuckle! I couldn't see myself wearing it comfortably. Did you see the matching earrings, though? Somehow earrings always seem more do-able to me!!!

Deb

side view of ring.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Again more "new" Gurhan listed on oakgem.com. If only they had the Yossi Hairi sapphire Lilah hoops I am coveting!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1327009876|3106900 said:
Again more "new" Gurhan listed on oakgem.com. If only they had the Yossi Hairi sapphire Lilah hoops I am coveting!

Thanks for the heads up on the Gurhan, Sharon. I just posted on Rocky Talky that yesterday I tried on an Oscar Heyman ring for the first time. I did so in a store where I used to buy my Yossi Harari jewelry. I found yesterday that they no longer carry it! I don't know a store in Connecticut near me that does. I'll have to take a look on-line to see what those hoops look like! (Unless you want to post a picture?)

Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if these are the earrings that Sharon had in mind, but these are Yossi Harari's Lilah Ruby Hoops. Are these the earrings that you covet, Sharon?

Deb

YossiHarariLilahEarring.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1327012110|3106923 said:
I don't know if these are the earrings that Sharon had in mind, but these are Yossi Harari's Lilah Ruby Hoops. Are these the earrings that you covet, Sharon?

Deb

Indeed Deb! But I am looking for the small version, in sapphire. I emailed one vendor online but she didn't get back to me. Holts does carry them locally but only have the large version and are too large for my taste. I want them to match my Sydney Evans (oxidized gold, silver, sapphire) necklace....

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1327013584|3106943 said:
Indeed Deb! But I am looking for the small version, in sapphire. I emailed one vendor online but she didn't get back to me. Holts does carry them locally but only have the large version and are too large for my taste. I want them to match my Sydney Evans (oxidized gold, silver, sapphire) necklace....

Sharon, have you posted a picture of that necklace here? May we see it?

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1327016126|3106970 said:

Deb

https://www.sydneyevan.com/collections/celestial/black-rhodium-sapphire-starburst-necklace

Deb: I never did post a picture--but wear it all the time. I adore it! I layer it with my T & C diamond cross and anything else I can find :cheeky: BTW there is no silver in the necklace as previously stated....it is 14K

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1327020824|3107029 said:
AGBF|1327016126|3106970 said:

https://www.sydneyevan.com/collections/celestial/black-rhodium-sapphire-starburst-necklace

Deb: I never did post a picture--but wear it all the time. I adore it! I layer it with my T & C diamond cross and anything else I can find BTW there is no silver in the necklace as previously stated....it is 14K

No, I did! On page 37 of this thread! And of course I remember that necklace, Sharon! I adored that one!!! That would be a fabulous match!!!

Deb
:love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1334350215|3170440 said:
Adding another name to my favorite list: Marco Bicego.

Relatively new to me, Sharon. My best friend has taken me to one of her favorite jewelers: Lux, Bond & Green and they carry Marco Bicego. I had never heard of him before going there. It was a few months ago and I now cannot recall what pieces of his I liked, but I recall liking some of his work very much. I think it was plain gold jewelry. I will have to go look him up to refresh my memory!

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1334375260|3170712 said:
canuk-gal|1334350215|3170440 said:
Adding another name to my favorite list: Marco Bicego.

Relatively new to me, Sharon. My best friend has taken me to one of her favorite jewelers: Lux, Bond & Green and they carry Marco Bicego. I had never heard of him before going there. It was a few months ago and I now cannot recall what pieces of his I liked, but I recall liking some of his work very much. I think it was plain gold jewelry. I will have to go look him up to refresh my memory!

Deb

Deb--Birks carries his line here--and he has some lovely, organic looking, plain gold pieces. Thanks for stopping by!

cheers--Sharon

P.S. Any other new pieces out there in PSLand folks want to share? We loves our GOLD!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results