carat
color
clarity

Do You Have a Favorite Gold Designer?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
tradergirl|1303865776|2905820 said:
Do you all think this could be sized down? I love it and would like to buy it but it's a size 9. I'd need it down to 6.5. If beads were put in would it look stupid? Or could that be cut and re-soldered?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTATE-GURHAN-24K-GOLD-CABOCHON-AQUAMARINE-RING-SIZE-9-/150576285467?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item230f0bc71b

It could probably be sized down; the gold would present no problems. But I would ask MZ because she has much more experience than I do with large stones. Where would you want to put the beads?

Deb
:read:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol, i don't think 13mm stones are that big at all!

a 13mm stone will be fine on your 6.5 size finger.

personally, i wouldn't put beading around it. i think it would clutter up the clean lines and hide too much of the stone.

i know the look you're going for and i'd just keep looking for that instead of investing more into this ring.

but that's my opinion only.

MoZo

ps are you thinking of using the gold that is displaced due to resizing for the beading? talk to a benchperson first. also, talk to them about whether or not the shank will need to be reshaped a bit if going down to a 6.5. sure you can't wear this as is on another finger?

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I meant could you put sizing beads into it to size it down rather than cutting the shank and would that look stupid. Thanks for the input.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
sorry, i misunderstood.

explore the world of euroshanks. beading to make it the right size for your finger should be rather similar in look? rings with larger stones usually have a euroshank to keep it from turning on the finger. you might find you really like the look.

and if it has a euroshank already it would be merely building it up. however, you might find it too think on your hand?

as a benchjeweler.

MoZo

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

www.oakgem.com has new Gurhan...Deb..... :love:

I must stop looking!

cheers--Sharon

MieleMelograno

Rough_Rock
tradergirl said:
Do you all think this could be sized down? I love it and would like to buy it but it's a size 9. I'd need it down to 6.5. If beads were put in would it look stupid? Or could that be cut and re-soldered?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESTATE-GURHAN-24K-GOLD-CABOCHON-AQUAMARINE-RING-SIZE-9-/150576285467?pt=Designer_Jewelry&hash=item230f0bc71b

Hi tradergirl,
Going down that far would not be a good idea. If it was a prong setting yes. With bezels if you take the stone out of the setting you have a high risk of damaging the setting and the stone, especially with an aquamarine. Also when you size a ring 2.5 sizes down it will distort the seat of the stone. In the process of rounding the ring once the excess has been removed the mandrel will actually dome the bezel back and possibly destroy the ring.

There are many designers on http://www.etsy.com that can make a similar ring. I love Gurhan myself, and that ring is a fabulous price! Perhaps http://stores.ebay.com/atlantisfinejewels?_trksid=p4340.l2563 would be a better source. Awesome prices same feel and custom made ;-)

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
m76steve|1299108634|2863298 said:
i have a goldsmith/colored gem tech who does all my gold work-he knows proper handling of gems & has the midas touch with gold & metals-iv posted on the web before but usually not on this site-here is just a portion of pendents iv designed & john dixon has built-these stones range from alexandrite thru tourmalines-mostly rare & all worn daily-steve...

Steve, wow. Just wow. I hope you'll post a thread with more pictures of your collection.

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Gold Lovers,

I had the great pleasure of visiting Gurhan's booth at Couture 2011 over the weekend. He was most gracious in allowing me to photograph his jewelry for the ps blog. I just wish all of the ps gold lovers could've been there. I took as many pics as time allowed, and they are linked in the blog below. Cheers!

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/gurhan-couture-2011

ps-I also visited Irene Neuwirth, Kamofie Designs, Anne Sportun, bavna, and several other designers doing interesting work in gold. I'll be posting those blogs in the coming days. :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi|1307488453|2940233 said:
Hi Gold Lovers,

I had the great pleasure of visiting Gurhan's booth at Couture 2011 over the weekend. He was most gracious in allowing me to photograph his jewelry for the ps blog. I just wish all of the ps gold lovers could've been there. I took as many pics as time allowed, and they are linked in the blog below. Cheers!

https://www.pricescope.com/blog/gurhan-couture-2011

ps-I also visited Irene Neuwirth, Kamofie Designs, Anne Sportun, bavna, and several other designers doing interesting work in gold. I'll be posting those blogs in the coming days. :))

Whoa!!! I do feel this is unfair! How come you got to do this? How come you got to meet Gurhan Orhan? Haven't I proven myself over the years here? I feel like the older sister who is not as pretty or talented as her her younger sister and sees her younger sister succeeding at everything while she is a social washout!!!

Not fair, Erika!!! Definitely not fair! On the other hand, your photos are smashing. I'm going back to continue to look at them. Thanks so much for posting. I still wish I could have been there. And with bags of money.

Deb

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
:bigsmile:
Glad you liked the pics Deb! You know, I wish consumers could've attended the show as well. Unfortunately Couture and JCK are for retailers (buying wholesale) and press. (I was there on a press pass) I tried to get as many pics as possible per designer-to bring the show to you. I know-I know it's not the same as being there, but I had you in mind! Stay tuned for more!

eta: just posted the bavna blog https://www.pricescope.com/blog/celebrity-jewels-bavna-couture-2011 Cheers!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome Coati--thanks for sharing! Had we not been to Vegas during Spring break, I would have joined ya'll! It would have been nice to meet you!

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coatimundi|1307549578|2940777 said:

I am glad to say that that there is apparently one expensive designer whose designs will not be tempting me unless he changes direction radically!!! I had never heard of bavna and will not be seeking out his jewelry in the future! Give me the finished look of Buccellati over the slabs of rock that bavna throws at you anytime! I actively dislike most of his pieces.

Chacun à son gout.

Deb/AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

coati

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
canuk-gal|1307585843|2941260 said:
HI:

Awesome Coati--thanks for sharing! Had we not been to Vegas during Spring break, I would have joined ya'll! It would have been nice to meet you!

cheers--Sharon

We missed you at the GTG! Next year? It would be lovely to meet you, Sharon!

Here is some additional coverage from the shows. (more to come)

Temple St. Clair
https://www.pricescope.com/blog/temple-st-clair-jcks-luxury-elite-enclave

Anne Sportun
https://www.pricescope.com/blog/organics-part-one-anne-sportun-couture-2011

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
That Temple St. Clair moonstone necklace is amazing!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are my gold bangle bracelets. Their picture has been posted in this thread before. I am reposting them here because I needed a place to test the size of the photo I just edited!

Deb/AGBF

AGBF24KGoldBanglesYellow.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks great! Congratulations!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
**edited by moderator. we do not allow sales information here** It is 18 ct Italian gold, reversible, YG on one side and WG/YG on the other side. I really liked it when I was buying it but now I am in such a strange mood... the result of which is throwing out, donating or selling everything I do not necessarily need. Sorry for poor photos... Everything is washed in tears... :D

brac11.jpg

bracel22.jpg

bracel555.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crasru-

Please post pictures of your new, high karat gold bracelet with the coins in this thread. It really should be in this thread as well as in its own!

Deb/AGBF

smith144

Rough_Rock
Hwelett packard s my favourite gold designer..........wat abt u

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I promised to post my bracelet and my cross here. Haven't taken a decent photo of the cross but here is the photo of a pair of 22-ct gold cufflinks... with an interesting history. If you remember, there are very few places in the world where these sphinxes/lions can be found. They also resemble the creatures on Ishtar Gates in the Pergamon Museum in Berlin, but not quite... I do not want to tell the whole history... it is very complicated; I got them from my Dad.

goldsphynx.JPG

cufflinks1.JPG

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And this is my new high-carat gold bracelet...

bracel1.jpg

bracel3.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1314050211|2996872 said:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wedding-jewels-at-last.164630/

AGBF and canuk gal, as promised, my yellow gold pieces can be found in the thread above. Enjoy!

Too much drool on keyboard to type more here...see your other thread :D

cheers--Sharon

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1314050211|2996872 said:

The necklace pictured below was a wedding gift to rosetta from her parents. It came with matching earrings. It is made from rubies and diamonds. I absolutely cannot get over it. It is something I would expect to see given to a member of the British Royal Family by the Saudi Arabian government. I would never expect a private individual who does not represent a state to receive a gift like this! It is just magnificent!

Deb/AGBF
:loopy:

rosettarubyweddingnecklace.bmp.jpg

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Arman
Paul Morelli (Meditation Bells)
Jemma Wynne

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i'm really loving crasu's cufflinks.....they'd make great earrings.....

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A.G.A. Correa & Son. https://agacorrea.com/cgi-bin/aga.pl They send me their Christmas catalog for unknown reasons -- I drool over their jewelry but haven't bought anything....yet. It's in my very near future, though.

They make everything by hand & the work is beautiful; they even draw the gold wire themselves for braided items. A small business consisting of Anthony Correa & his son, they're in Maine, and all their pieces are interpretations in gold or platinum of nautical items and themes. Wonderful imagination & superb realization. Here are some examples. Most things are available in 14K, 18K yg or platinum, a few also in silver. Free 2-day U.S. shipping & insurance, yike!

--- Laurie

Correa1.jpg

Correa2.jpg

Correa3.jpg

Correa4.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1315061206|3009008 said:
A.G.A. Correa & Son. https://agacorrea.com/cgi-bin/aga.pl They send me their Christmas catalog for unknown reasons -- I drool over their jewelry but haven't bought anything....yet. It's in my very near future, though.

They make everything by hand & the work is beautiful; they even draw the gold wire themselves for braided items. A small business consisting of Anthony Correa & his son, they're in Maine, and all their pieces are interpretations in gold or platinum of nautical items and themes. Wonderful imagination & superb realization. Here are some examples. Most things are available in 14K, 18K yg or platinum, a few also in silver. Free 2-day U.S. shipping & insurance, yike!

--- Laurie

Oh My No I Won't Take The Lord's Name In Vain!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I see the nautical now, but at first I thought of Buccellati! And Buccellati is my favorite in the world right now, coming even before Gurhan! I want to kill you, Laurie!!! I certainly didn't need this! Hairband, yet! I would kill for a hairband!!!

Deb/AGBF

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Hey, Deb, the hairband is yours for $8000 in 14K or 11,000 in 18K! Easy, operators standing by! Order now! :naughty:

Take a look at the site -- beautiful work & design. I die every time their freakin' catalog shows up in my mailbox.

--- Laurie

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results