shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond pit

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strm, before I get to see exactly what you have in mind

... there may be at least one more 'diamond pit' thing picked at random. A large, sculpted ring is very much my sort of thing, couldn't skip the chance to make up something!
31.gif

Good chance to brush off the dust from some drawing software (despite the Photoshop-related wording - I've only used Paint and MsPhotoEditor) and even those not to full potential. Good to twist and tweak existing images, but more pain than blessing rendering 3D. It's been a while ...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
This was the first variation I came up with and I think my favorite.
this is sorta a drawing of the dome cut in half.
I think id set the diamond up on prongs and add another layer of ruby pave that would look like it was touching the girdle of the diamond or slightly under it.
The rubies wouldnt be at such an angle as shown but set with the curve of the dome.

badimageofdesign.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Something else that might be kewl is stick to the curved partial dome and pave the sides with diamonds.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

badimageofdesign2.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This doesn't quite answer your specs (and inclination for symmetry) Strm, but this is what was brewing while I opened this thread. believe it or not, the thing below is a close morphed relative of the pearl ring posted as example of concave paved surface on the other thread. The proportions changed allot, the pearl is gone and I am sure both the ring and Excel don't quite know what hit them by now.
2.gif

TwistedWire.JPG

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
thaty is kewl val :}
one of the things I thought of was using a l-m colored diamond and yellow gold.
With white gold it would be higher color but with yellow it wouldnt matter because the yellow gold reflecting in it.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pathetic?

I had no idea this exists... when the puzzle ring idea came up. And believe it or not, I also found a couple alarmingly close to mine.

If someone can come up with somehting totally new and surprising ... and good... for a ring. I am listening. Until present, there wasn''t one crazy idea I could imagine and fail to pair up in some jewelry collection. The Net helps with that allot! (too well for confort).

SholdtPuzzleBandI.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results