shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond hoops/huggies/help...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Ok... Addlepated''s emerald earrings are so beautiful. I want some little huggies snd think they''re a better choice for me (than a benitoite!) as a first jewelry/gem purchase. If I ever do get some wonderful benies, maybe I could have them made into drops.
30.gif

A couple of google passes and a thread search here proved that there are a lot more options than I''d anticipated. I''m pretty sure I''m going to buy them from a friend who will sell them to me for his cost (he''s a retailer). They''ll probably be SI something - not VS - so I maybe can squeeze a little more carat weight into the deal. So... what style huggie is the sparkliest most bling per buck AND best for hanging drops? My first impression is that Addlepated''s are ideal, but it anyone has any input, I''d appreciated it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, if you want to hang drops on them, the ones from WF are perfect. I have my eyes on a Beverly K pair with milgrain from Pearlman''s, too.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to find ones that are not too wide so that the drops can easily fit around the huggie. Mine are 1.5mm wide and I have another pair that are 2.0mm wide. Both work well with drops. Much more than 2.0mm wouldn''t work with the drops I have.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks...

DS06 - I love the Beverly K milgrain pair... really nice.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Yay Ninama!
36.gif
I think you''ll love having a nice pair of everyday earrings, especially when you can dress them up later. You know, I have a charm bracelet that''s one of my favorite pieces. I know where each charm came from and what it means to me. If you do the same thing with huggies and drops, the meaning of the add-ons will be very emotionally satisfying. The other nice thing about the drops is that you can use softer gemstones and not worry about putting the wear and tear on them that having them in a bracelet or ring would.

Having the drops custom-fabricated cost almost four times the price of the hoops, so keep that in mind as you''re planning your future pieces. And if you''re going to wear the huggies every day, make sure that they snap together tight (the ones from WF feel very secure). Nothing can make my heart sink quicker than the feeling of one earring missing.
39.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Addlepated! Seeing your beautiful earrings was a mini revelation. I think pretty huggies would be a joy to wear and dress up. I''m starting to get just how expensive custom work is, so I''m sure I''ll be buying off-the-rack, simple "starters" ... and not right now. For the future, I have this vision of smallish baguette hoops that no one, absolutely no one seems to manufacture. I''ve googled myself nearly blind and others have looked, too. I expect just about every possible hoop configuration has beenmade at one time or another, so lengthwise baguette hoops might not be a marketing success. Still, I''d love to see earrings with baguettes set like this - and maybe with more rounded, satin finish metal:

precision_set_bands_2.jpg

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ninama - just wanted to mention that I saw some of the Jude Frances earring drops today and they fit perfectly on my 2mm huggies. They run about $300-$3000 or so, depending on the drops. And they''re pretty!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results