shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

krispis

Rough_Rock
diamond earrings white gold over 300 years old with 3 large and 6 small diamonds, come from Armenia. What is the approximate value of these earrings?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
No way to tell from the discription.Anywhere from a few hundred to a million dollars.Bring the earrings to a certified jewelry appraiser who has experiance with antique jewelry.If the earrings are white gold then they are not 300 years old.Good luck.

krispis

Rough_Rock
thanks .. in my country there is no experienced goldsmiths or jewelcrafter .. where I could find some pictures and examples of old jewelry from Armenia or similar that I could at least determine whether it is a unique serial or production?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Where are you? I haven''t heard of a country without a jewelry making tradition yet - I am curious.

Jewelry appraising is not straight foward at all. The size, grading and cut of the stones have a huge impact on value, as does the workmanship on the metal itself.

If they are really 300 hundred years old, then it isn''t white gold but most likely silver. The cut on the diamonds also aren''t modern cuts, but rather cuts based on the crystal structure of the diamond itself - or it may be paste (even high nobility wore paste on occasions). They would also be handcrafted, not manufactured.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would think every country should have their own goldsmith or jewelcrafter, even in 3rd world countries. In fact, many of these craftsmen will have their own local style that they are very skilled at. As for the item in question, pricing depends in the actual carat weight of each individual stone, colour, clarity and cutting, the workmanship of the metal, and the details. I do not think white gold was made yet 300 years ago. I highly doubt the diamonds look anything like what diamonds look like today (probably not even OMC or OEC). They probably look rose cut-like.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Now that I am home, I am able to check a few books...

I see three possibilities: single cut (developed in the XVII century); an early mine cut (the first mine cuts with 58 facets were from the early XVIIIth century, when diamonds were found in Brazil) or a rose cut, which remained popular all the way through the XIX century.

krispis

Rough_Rock
I have some pictures and I would like to post Mar to see you, you may be able something more to tell me .. That would mean a lot to me

krispis

Rough_Rock
http://www.easy-share.com/1909198144/211220091834.jpg

krispis

Rough_Rock
please can someone help me with this.. really want to know if the earrings are worth ... would mean a lot to me! These are the earrings! If you can not see, here's a link http://www.easy-share.com/1909198144/211220091834.jpg

krispis

Rough_Rock
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/5928/211220091834.jpg This is the link for the picture .. former is not reliable .. please if someone can help me about these earrings in any way! thank in advance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results