shape
carat
color
clarity

Cost to repair chain

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This may not be the best picture of this chain, but how much would it cost to repair a chain like this? (My chain broke last night after being tugged on and I''m wondering if it''d be better to pay a nearby jeweler to fix v. driving all the way out to Tiffany''s.)

strfshncklace.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where did it break? on the chain link itself or on the clasp?

IF it is silver, then it should not cost more than $10 to $15 to fix, as long as you go to one of those jewelery repair stores (like in the diamond district or something). IF you go to a mall store, they might charge you more.

You could probably get a brand new one for $15.

When I tried to rhodium plate my ring at the mall, they tried to charge me $40. Then I took it to the Nj diamond district (10 minutes away from me) and it cost me $10 and they polished it and cleaned it as well.
20.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
If it''s a Tiffany''s necklace, you may want to consider taking it back to them. I don''t know all the ins and outs of their policies, but if you repair their merchandise with another jeweler, will it void their warranties?? Something to consider...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is a Tiffany & Co. necklace.

I read here a few months back that Tiffany doesn''t fix their trinket jewelry that instead they just give you a new necklace. Has anyone heard about this? (I want my EXACT necklace back as I''m weirdly sentimental and this was a gift)

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 5:44:41 PM
Author: MichelleCarmen
This is a Tiffany & Co. necklace.

I read here a few months back that Tiffany doesn''t fix their trinket jewelry that instead they just give you a new necklace. Has anyone heard about this? (I want my EXACT necklace back as I''m weirdly sentimental and this was a gift)

A lot of stores do that, It costs more to have their people mess with it than to replace it.
The huge profit margins they charge allows them to do this.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tiffany will most likely give you a new chain. They are pretty good about this kind of stuff. You can always call ahead and speak to the manager and she can have the chain waiting for you to pick up. There are sometimes where Tiff and Co go out of their way to accomodate their consumers. It''s happened to me. Good luck and let us know what happens.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I finally got around to taking my necklace into Tiffany and it turns out if you buy w/in the last 30 or so days, you''ll just get a new chain or even necklace, whatever. BUT, as that I''ve had my necklace for over a year (but I told the woman "around a year") they sent it in to be fixed and will take two weeks for repair. Cost is nothing BUT after one year, it''s about $20.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results