shape
carat
color
clarity

Collapsible men''s wedding band...maybe Christian Bauer?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
My fiancé and I were in a local jeweler''s the other day, and saw the coolest wedding band. It may have been titanium, which makes sense for the style of the ring: it was segmented into four connected pieces, and it collapsed when it was taken off, but perfectly flat, round and stable when on. He liked it, and said it was very comfortable.

I didn''t think to ask the designer''s name, although the owner did mention it was German (with that kind of precision engineering, I''m not surprised), and I did find out later she''s a Christian Bauer dealer. I plan to just call her later and find out, but I was curious if anyone had seen something like this before.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen rings where the can open in half. Mainly to accommodate woman''s finger''s where the knuckle is larger then the ring finger. But, I haven''t seen it open in four parts.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I''m having a hard time picturing what it looks like.
33.gif

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pictures of a hinged ring and a link to the site for more examples.

hinged_weddingbands.jpg

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Yep- CB makes them -- my ex had just such a ring in gold as I remember. It was a cool ring - I like CB designs.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
AAAHHHH, now I get it.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
But why would you want a collapsable ring ? for what purpose?

blod
35.gif

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Well, I have a feeling these are way pricy, but I wanted to find out for a couple of reasons. It''s partly the coolness factor, we''re science geeks and like gadgets. Also, he has the weirdest hands ever. They''re short and skinny, with really knobby knuckles. The typical band that would fit over his knuckles will pretty much spin freely around the rest of the finger. The flexible ring is the perfect remedy.

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/3/2006 6:45:45 AM
Author: Bertrand
Yep- CB makes them -- my ex had just such a ring in gold as I remember. It was a cool ring - I like CB designs.

Bertrand, do you by chance know if they have a specific name? I''ve tried searching for variants on "Christian Bauer collapsible/folding ring" and haven''t found much. Based on other CB rings, I''m guessing these are at least $1000-2000.

Selkie

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
This was a while ago, about 10 years for my first marriage. We both had CB rings, she got the Collapsible womens and I got the solid mens. I thought they had a men's collapsible version to. As I remember, they were both around $1000 each.

I looked on the CB Site but did not see the kind we got many years ago. Perhaps an email to CB might help.

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 2:41:57 PM
Author: Selkie
Date: 2/3/2006 6:45:45 AM

Author: Bertrand

Bertrand, do you by chance know if they have a specific name? I''ve tried searching for variants on ''Christian Bauer collapsible/folding ring'' and haven''t found much. Based on other CB rings, I''m guessing these are at least $1000-2000.

Selkie

I think the ring your talking about is in the MovingLline collection.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Xchick 03- that was the name - don't know why I was having trouble remembering - other than I tried hard to forget about that time!

Moving Line

and another link - scroll down to see.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results