shape
carat
color
clarity

changing earring backs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I have a few pairs of gemstone earrings that I don''t wear a lot because they have post backs. They''re both in plain basket settings and I would like to remove the posts and add a circle of gold on top, turning them into earring charms so that I can slip them on my hoop earrings. Is this something that''s relatively easy/inexpensive to do or would it require totally resetting the earrings?

conitta

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/13/2006 10:38:18 AM
Author:Kismet
I have a few pairs of gemstone earrings that I don''t wear a lot because they have post backs. They''re both in plain basket settings and I would like to remove the posts and add a circle of gold on top, turning them into earring charms so that I can slip them on my hoop earrings. Is this something that''s relatively easy/inexpensive to do or would it require totally resetting the earrings?
Kismet....I would think it would be very easy and simple to do and not at all expensive.Sounds like a plan.You could have them made into leverbacks also and reset in a setting with 3 small diamonds or white sapphire or zircon on the top. You could even have them for the hoops like that...I have had leverbacks made with 3 small diamonds set on top. They were actually pendants and put them on leverbacks...

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I ended up having the earrings changed from post-backs to earring charms. He charged $24/pair and I''m really pleased with how they turned out. Still very simple but now much more wearable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results