shape
carat
color
clarity

Can and eternity ring be sized using sizing balls?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robainya

Rough_Rock
I''m considering buying a vintage eternity ring. It is a size 6 1/2, but i wear a 6 1/4. The seller told me that it could be sized using a sizing ball, but someone on this board said that they heard that eternity rings can''t be sized using sizing balls if the ring has holes all the way around the inside (as the ring i''m considering does). Does any one here know?

thanks!

skimmy

Rough_Rock
one of my gfs had it done...but it was on her engagement ring. with an eternity band, i''d imagine that it would be harder to keep the sizing balls on the inside of your hand as the ring would rotate. and the sizing balls rubbed against her skin and started to form soft sores...with callused skin. not v pretty...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
The size different is pretty small. I wear a 4.5 on my wedding finger and probably a 4.75ish on my right hand but I still switch the rings around. As long as it won''t fall off you should be good to go.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
hey! i have sizing beads in both my wedding and e-ring, both of which are eternity and they definitely help snug up the ring. Also having two rings on one finger snugs them up so if you are using this as a wedding band, wearing it with your e-ring may help tighten it on your finger too. I have small sized beads because my rings were about 1/4 size too big. It is a small difference but it drove me personally crazy when they "shook" (they really didnt "spin" but instead shook up and down when I moved my hand) and it has helped. i like the idea that i can have the eternity ring and also have an outlet to make it bigger (remove balls) if need be or make it tighter (add more or larger beads)

I have found them to be unnoticeable, but of course mine are small. perhaps larger ones would be uncomfortable and callous causing. the only thing is they are each a few mm big so if you have only tiny amounts of metal in between the "holes" i dont know if there would be enough room to put the balls on the tiny amount of metal. maybe an expert can chime in.

good luck and post pics!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
I just had sizing balls put in my 2 eternity bands from Facets. The balls took the size from a 5 1/8 to a size 5. Yes, my bands are platinum with diamonds all the way around, so it can be done. And it worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results