shape
carat
color
clarity

buy in store and

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cactus

Rough_Rock
on line. I saw a ring on Tiffany''s website and quite like it. It seems to me that if i buy it on line I don''t have to pay sales tax. Has anyone purchased on line from Tiffany before? I know buy it in store I have to pay sales tax.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
I have always had to pay both sales tax and shipping when purchasing from Tiffany''s online. In truth, it can add quite a bit to the purchase price - but I guess that''s the price I pay for convenience!

If you have access to a B&M Tiffany store, I would definitely suggest going there to make a purchase.
Munchkin

cactus

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Munchkin. I will look for it in the store.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think the law currently says that if a one buys from the website of a store, if there is a store in his state, he has to pay his state''s sales tax. That way no one can evade state tax he would have paid, had he entered the portals of that store in his state, just because he bought on-line. Most states have tax, although Oregon does not and there may be other states like Oregon of which I am unaware. I am not sure that all states have a Tiffany''s, however.

Of course this is unfair and Congress has been thinking about how to revise the law to fit the ''net for years!

Deb

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a sterling bookmark online from Tiffany''s for my maid of honor...I did pay sales tax because I live in Chicago and there are stores in Illinois. I didn''t have enough time to actually go to the store and buy it. If you can get to the store and it''s convenient for you, do it! Tiffany''s is more about the experience and ambience anyway, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results