shape
carat
color
clarity

Burberry limited edition watch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! I''m new to this forum, but I''ve certainly enjoyed oogling all your rings. :)

I recently received a limited edition Burberry barbed wire watch (pic is attached). It was my understanding that it would come packed in a limited edition box, but it came in a regular thin Prorsum box--no special information about the watch, and not even a leather watch box!

Should I bring this up with an SA? It seems like such a trivial thing, but I have to admit that I''m disappointed.
7.gif
Does anyone have any more info about the watch/packaging? I''ve looked online, but I can''t seem to find anyone else that bought it.

TYIA!

burberry1.jpg

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... that''s a really striking watch. Is it comfortable to wear?

Now i''ve never bought a limited edition burberry watch myself, but I''ve bought limited editions in other products, and from my experience they tend to come in standard packaging. For example... a coach box, is a coach box, no matter what is inside. But I would think that it might have come with some kind of certificate or something. I don''t think it would be out of line to give the SA a call just to ask. Just for your own peace of mind if nothing else. And welcome to PS!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 12:59:24 AM
Author: redfaerythinker
Wow... that's a really striking watch. Is it comfortable to wear? Now i've never bought a limited edition burberry watch myself, but I've bought limited editions in other products, and from my experience they tend to come in standard packaging. For example... a coach box, is a coach box, no matter what is inside. But I would think that it might have come with some kind of certificate or something. I don't think it would be out of line to give the SA a call just to ask. Just for your own peace of mind if nothing else. And welcome to PS!

Hi redfaery (or is it Megs?
4.gif
),

Cute avatar!

Yes, it's very sleek and feels quite nice on my skin. I spent some time last night brushing and jabbing it against my other arm to make sure it wouldn't poke me, lol (Yes, I am a nerd.
9.gif
). There was no certificate, but there's "Limited Edition" and the piece number engraved on the back of the case.

I agree with your comment about standard packaging, which is why I was so disappointed!
38.gif
Everything we've ordered from Burberry has been nicely packaged, and bf's watch came boxed and then nestled in a handsome leather embossed case. Again, probably no big deal, but I like to have things done the right way. Especially when brands should be courting clients in this economy! Also, as a student, I get to indulge in nice things only every so often, so I want all the bells and whistles when we do shell out.
2.gif

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/18/2010 11:26:32 AM
Author: blingbunny10
Date: 1/18/2010 12:59:24 AM

Author: redfaerythinker

Hi redfaery (or is it Megs?
4.gif
),

Cute avatar!

Yes, it's very sleek and feels quite nice on my skin. I spent some time last night brushing and jabbing it against my other arm to make sure it wouldn't poke me, lol (Yes, I am a nerd.
9.gif
). There was no certificate, but there's 'Limited Edition' and the piece number engraved on the back of the case.

I agree with your comment about standard packaging, which is why I was so disappointed!
38.gif
Everything we've ordered from Burberry has been nicely packaged, and bf's watch came boxed and then nestled in a handsome leather embossed case. Again, probably no big deal, but I like to have things done the right way. Especially when brands should be courting clients in this economy! Also, as a student, I get to indulge in nice things only every so often, so I want all the bells and whistles when we do shell out.

2.gif

Haha... you're not a nerd, I'd have done the same thing. I would definitely call the SA and ask. I would want all the bells and whistles too, and for Burberry money, I might want the box to sing a little tune when opened as well.
3.gif
12.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty watch
30.gif

I would ask the SA for a leather watch box, my burberry watch came with one and it''s nice to have somewhere safe to put it when I take it off at home.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 2:40:25 PM
Author: purselover
What a pretty watch
30.gif

I would ask the SA for a leather watch box, my burberry watch came with one and it's nice to have somewhere safe to put it when I take it off at home.

Thanks, purselover! My bf is "taking care of it," since he is the one who ordered the watch. I think he is contacting Burberry and also buying a separate case for me! He's a keeper for sure.
9.gif
2.gif

Do you mind telling me which watch you have? I've drooled over a couple of other women's watches on the Burberry site...
30.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad to hear a case is on it''s way to you! I received my watch about 2 1/2 years ago from my BF (now DH) so it''s not for sale anymore but here''s a link so you can see it burberry rope watch

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results