shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Nile Diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andy123

Rough_Rock

This is my first time here. I am planning to get this diamond from Bluenile but I don’t know much about diamond. I have the spec of the diamond here. Please help me. I would love to hear any advise that your can give. Thanks so much everyone.

AGS-2

Diam. 5.17mm (5.13-5.21)

DePT 3.16MM61.1%

CROWN 34.115.7 %0

Pavil 40.641.7 %2

Table 2.85mm 55.1 %0

Culet 1.1 % V.small 0

Girdle 0.7thin- 2.9thick 1.9%0

Price at $1525. Is this a good deal? Please let me know if you know where I can do better? Thanks again

GIA12891499_zoom.jpeg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's always going to be something better out there... But this is a nice stone: the cut is good, the F-VS2 no-excuse grades and the price fair.

The space for improvement is not big, but there is some...

- for example, the thick girdle could be avoided. A stone with similar grades and price but a thin (not overly so) girdle would be a tad bigger (THIS ONE)
- the symmetry and polish could get 'Ideal' at this price (same example works)

- and below 1ct, F-VS could be considered overkill. I would say you have about 5% chances to be among those who could spot some color difference between the F and a H in this size faceup. Not that the grades are meaningless, but between the F and the G, size may be the most noticeable distinction, not color (all other things equal). Some may apply the same logic and end up at SI1 clarity. There are plenty of stones sold with either color or clarity high up but not both. These would be considered 'better value' - as they say - and cut may be the most important factor for the 'look' of the stone when such logic is applied for stones up to 1ct.

Just my opinion, of course.

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
Its a good stone,
of course some of the larger online dealerships are rather expensive considering the facts, just like any large organization they have expensis too, you may be supprised to find the kind of priceing for the same stone you can get from a true wholesaler as you probably have noticed, alot of online sites carry the exact same stone at differnet prices, becuase they are just listed, not actualy at that site, some well connected stores and individuals can get the exact stone you saw online with a phone call, and any smart retailer will sell you the stone at the same price or less than some of the larger onlie stores. Or at least work with you to get what you need at a good price. keep hunting
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results