shape
carat
color
clarity

Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tru2customer

Rough_Rock
hey gang,

where would you go if you had to purchase a piece of colored stone jewelry or any jewelry? Your local jeweler, the net, those trade shows that comes around every year in your town or chain store?

I ask because I had a bad experience with one trade show dealer, remains nameless, but they claimed that the ring can be sized two sizes easily. I went to my local jeweler in Clifton, Va and they told me that it would be possible but risky and that the setting would be comprimised. I trsut these guys and had several refferals and they never led me astray.

At any rate I took to another jeweler and they told me they could and too was risky. andt that it would very costly.

Well, iwent back and called the dealer at the show explained to them that I couldn''t get the ring resized with out problems and asked if they could do it for me; if there was a charge I would pay for it.

They said they couldn''t help me and that the jewelers didn''t know what they were talking about. They told me that the jewelry bought was sold and was fitting me perfectly and it was fine. I knew it wasn''t..

So now I am out of $400.00 and no ring to wear . What should I do send it cback and demand a refund or just atke it back to the jewelers and ask the vender for a compensation or at least some compensation?

thanks

frustrated
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome
35.gif
First of all can you post a picture of your ring, this would help the experts advise you regarding the resizing, although they might say to follow the advice of your trusted jeweller. Do you need it made tighter or looser? I haven't had this happen to me, but if it did I would go back to the vendor and see if they can't size it, either refund my money, give me a replacement or reset the stones into another ring of the correct size. You might have to pay something for this depending on how long ago the ring was purchased. Be pleasant but firm and give them the first chance at making it right for you, as you bought the ring on the firm understanding that it could be resized easily I would wave that statement around like a sword if I needed to and keep saying I never would have bought the ring if not as it is useless to me, and what are you going to do about it????? I don't know if the BBB might apply in this case if you need it. I'm sorry I cannot be any more help, there is of course always the option of sizing balls put inside the band or maybe a sizing spring could be fitted if the ring is too loose, if other methods would harm the integrity of the ring. If it is too tight some bands can be stretched a little but it very much depends on the type of ring. I hope some of this helps and I'm sorry this is being such a pain for you, let us know how you get on! I think if I were looking for a coloured stone I would shop online unless a local jeweller had something I fell in love with at the right price, it depends.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results