shape
carat
color
clarity

Any ideas for diamond bracelets??????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve looked at the bracelet thread........don''t know whether to get traditional diamond tennis bracelet or something different....Would appreciate any ideas......don''t want anything overly dressy.....but something different would be nice!!
I''d appreciate any ideas....THANKS!!!!!

35.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are some great looking bracelets on that site tonysgeko! i''m bookmarking that one!
2.gif

did you see anything you like maxine?

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
My tennis bracelet was copied from the Tiffany one. I don''t have a photo of mine but it''s very similar to Tiffany''s. It''s some 4plus carats (G, VS quality) excluding the 4 pieces of marquis which are around 10 points each. And mine certainly did not cost $15,000

TiffBracelet.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the one that noobie just bought for his wife for mother''s day. It was from white Flash. Did you see that one?? I love how the stones are set very pretty IMHO.
30.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
I know....that''s what got me started again.....Also just found out that Good Old Gold uses only
H & A diamonds for their bracelets...AND for all of their melee stones over.01!!!!!!
Soooooooooooooo many nice options!!!!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2005 4:49:03 AM
Author: lonewoodminer

Looks great,what about some sapphires spread around for a contrast?
Great, of course ! Do you make sets of matched stones for bracelets ? I didn''t find any on your website...

I am thinking... Frech cut squares, especially if the material is a bit dark to start with.

Sapphire-Line-Bracelet2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Valeria,
Those french cut squares are amazing!! Love their rich color.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 10:18:23 PM
Author: valeria101

Great, of course ! Do you make sets of matched stones for bracelets ? I didn''t find any on your website...
Good question, Ana.....
35.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Valeria!!!!

I''m in love with that French cut sapphire bracelet!
3.gif
Is it an antique? Where did you find it?

Maxine...have you considered looking at antique Deco diamond bracelets? They''re something different from standard tennis bracelets, and can be quite elegant yet understated...

widget

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2005 10:54:19 PM
Author: widget

Valeria!!!!

I''m in love with that French cut sapphire bracelet! Is it an antique? Where did you find it?
The picture comes from "Jewelryexpert". They say it was a vintage piece... it does not look that old to me.

The French cut has been done all the time and is "in" right now - you could have fresh ones as well.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the look of antique vintage/deco bracelets. I don''t wear bracelets, but if I did that would be my choice. They just have that certain something that other bracelets don''t have.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Finally looked at the montague jeweler''s link (thanks! tonysgeko), and found this one...diamonds and the blue stones...

bandwh.jpg

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2005 2:07:22 AM
Author: belle
there are some great looking bracelets on that site tonysgeko! i''m bookmarking that one!
2.gif

did you see anything you like maxine?
I LIKE LOTS of them!!!!!!!!! WoW...........
2.gif
30.gif

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
Hi
Ana - yes we do try and supply matched stones, our smaller stones are on this page but usually customers for this product will email and discuss their requirements.

Matching natural sapphire exactly is very difficult and for a bracelet like the french square you posted, synthetic sapphire would have a edge over our natural stone (worst luck!). To supply enough matched natural gems for a bracelet like that would require a huge stock to sort through. I like to split the stone rather than match them exactly. eg blue sapphire/ bicolour sapphire/blue sapphire. By breaking the link with another shade our colour can look even better in my opinion. You could also add in Aquamarine-Sapphire-Diamond for example. I also like the idea of using totally different colours (eg. spessartite, amethyst,etc) in the mix too - the possibilities are endless.

Our small sapphire is ideal for this type of use as it is very even and is a great rich (not too light, not too dark) colour.
The other fact that shoudnt be overlooked is that even a gem like sapphire is quite affordable in the smaller sizes (under 4mm) simply due to supply and demand. The world simply produces a lot of this smaller gem - as the size goes up prices rise steeply.
Just for example a 3.5mm round brilliant cut sapphire sells for around $10 US each - the equivalent size in diamond is much more expensive. Not that price should be the only consideration but I think using a mix makes the whole thing come alive.

Here is a picture of a bracelet we found on the net that gives an idea of the concept - not sure where to get it - we just saved the picture a while back when looking around for design ideas.

cheers
Andrew Lane
www.aussiesapphire.com.au

Sapp-Diam-Bracelet.jpg

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
or something like this one:

I have no idea who Morris David is - again, we saved this picture a while back while browsing for ideas.

cheers
Andrew Lane

534-13.jpg

lonewoodminer

Shiny_Rock
we just sent a batch of sapphires and black spinel away last month to get made into something a bit like this:

Not exactly a tennis bracelet but I like this design.

cheers again,
Andrew Lane

cbl2.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
all such beautiful pieces!
18.gif
how are you going to decide!?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those last few are just gorgeous!!!

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Found this while looking for sapphires.......has rose gold underneath!!!!

plummer.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer, you should be talking. My favorite on that thread is YOUR 8ct 2004 Christmas Gift (with matching pendant and earrings too).

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Jennifer and Cflutist, yours are beautiful....Well, my BF prefers the all diamond one, which complements my ering, of course, so we''ll see....depends on who pays, I guess ......
2.gif

Jennifer, thanks for the bump of the bracelet thread!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes cflutist's and kitty tiger's are just amazing!!!! And Jenn what can I say,your whole collection is amazing!!! You're Mrs. Gotrocks in my book!!!
3.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2005 10:41:13 PM
Author: Maxine
Jennifer and Cflutist, yours are beautiful....Well, my BF prefers the all diamond one, which complements my ering, of course, so we''ll see....depends on who pays, I guess ......
2.gif

Jennifer, thanks for the bump of the bracelet thread!!!!
You''re welcome.
1.gif

It was so funny-I opened this thread and I''m thinking, ''Isn''t there a WHOLE thread on diamond bracelets???"
33.gif
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results