shape
carat
color
clarity

Any hints or suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Hi all..

I am not sure if this is the right forum to put this post in, but I figure it''s the closest thing for my particular question. I have a good kind of problem.
emsmile.gif

I have wanted this certain ring made for the longest time, and my parents are the ones funding this whole thing. We''re just waiting for closing on a property of theirs, and they have some other things to take care of first. After that, they promised me this particular ring. So I am looking forward to it. This is a mens ring in case anyone is wondering.

Here is the deal. I have the center stone for it and I have the accent stones ready to go. I know almost exactly what it is I want. I have given the design to several jewelers for a quote, and some won''t do it because they say it''s too complex due to the engraving. The only thing I am not 100% on is the exact filagree pattern I want. I think I found a pattern I could modify, but I have no way to know in advance what it''s going to look like or if it will work.

Does anyone know of where I can get at least an eval demo to model what it is I want? I have the exact dimensions for virtually everything. I just can''t do it with AutoCAD. I tried, and just to get the shank going was a real pain. I can''t get the stone to come out right at all even with the refractivity and all that. I just want to have something to give me an idea as to what filagree pattern is going to look like I want it too and work ahead of time. There is just no way I can do an accurate 3D model of the pattern and mould it right and have something accurate come out.

If push comes to shove, the jeweler who is probably going to do the work is getting in a CAD/CAM system for wax models and things like that very soon. With a little work, I might be able to draw the pattern on CAD, but I am not sure.

If worse comes to worse, if someone has a filagree pattern they want on a ring (shank and profile), does anyone have experience in dealing with that? Does it have to be perfect before the carving is made or what? I am just trying to get some insight ahead of time.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have a look at www.tradeshop.com

This jeweller does a lot of custom work and engraving etc and may be able to answer your question on filagree.

jszweda

Shiny_Rock
Pyramid,

Thanks a million for the link.
emteeth.gif
That actually was as helpful as what I had in mind. I started to tinker with some filagree pattern of mine on Auto CAD, but it didn''t work out. I was able to get a good layout of the ring though enough to hand draw a nicer pattern than I expected. I now know EXACTLY what I want done and I can convey it exactly to the jeweler.

Thanks again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results