shape
carat
color
clarity

Antique rose cut necklace

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DoctorBear

Rough_Rock
I have been drooling over the beautiful jewellery on this site for so long, but have never had the nerve to show any of my pieces. I have finally plucked up the courage and wondered whether anyone would like to see some of my favourites? I don''t have much money, but I do have a husband who loves me very much, and he tries his best to get me unusual llittle sparkly pieces. I love vintage jewellery, and am really hooked on rose cut diamonds. I think they are so soft and feminine; a subtle sparkle for when I''m not in full ''bling'' mode. None of my items is hugely expensive, but they make me happy!
This first piece is 14ct (or higher) gold with a central opal surrounded by 6 small rose cut diamonds. A larger diamond is mounted at the top and bottom and then a still larger one sits at the very top. It is a beautifully crafted item with some lovely touches, and although unmarked, I have been told that it probably dates to c1870. I will post pictures from all angles, and would love to hear what you think of it. Thank you for humouring me x

Necklace25097.jpg

DoctorBear

Rough_Rock
Yet another...

Necklace25094.jpg

DoctorBear

Rough_Rock
Last one (I promise...)

Necklace25093.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That is just lovely, Doc!

I have a pendant that could be its cousin, but YOURS has DIAMONDS! (Mine only has a pearl.)

Show us more!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I love your pendant.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It is gorgeous!!! Please show us more.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s exquisite. Thank you. I like rose cut diamonds, too, and gold, and opal is my mother''s favorite stone. I especially like the tassels (I don''t know if this is the right word) that hang down on the bottom. I would like to see more! Thank you again.
1.gif

DoctorBear

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your interest. I would love to see pictures of your piece. I have never actually seen another like mine, so would love to see its cousin.

DoctorBear

Rough_Rock
Imdanny P: 5/16/2009 3:08:18 AM

I think it''s exquisite. Thank you. I like rose cut diamonds, too, and gold, and opal is my mother''s favorite stone. I especially like the tassels (I don''t know if this is the right word) that hang down on the bottom. I would like to see more! Thank you again.

Hi Imdanny, I am so glad that you like my pendant, I love it (and by the way, I call them tassels too!) I also love gold, opals, diamonds and emeralds! Opals and emeralds were both supposed to be unlucky stones, but seeing as my lucky number is 13, it has never worried me. I have lots of opal jewellery, and especially love what was known as ''black'' opals. I have attempted to get pictures of my favourite opal ring, but it is so difficult to get the lighting right. I took these on a dull day with no artificial lighting. I find that it ''wakes up'' better in natural light. I have owned and constantly worn this ring for 22 years now, and love its simple setting. The opal says it all as far as I''m concerned! It has greens, blues, oranges, yellows and oh so much red! It simply glows in the right light. It is set in 18ct yellow gold, and has the natural boulder back. I''m not sure of age as it isn''t hallmarked, simply stamped 18ct. Hope you like....

opalring25092.jpg

DoctorBear

Rough_Rock
Last one! Hope you have been able to see the beauty and fire within, it''s so much better in real life...

opalring250911.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that is beautiful!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
DoctorBear,

Wow, that opal has amazing fire! You have some really beautiful jewelry. I would love to see more of your collection.

Here is my similar pendant, hanging from a matching brooch that I found to go with it:

goldenambroochgl6.jpg

And here''s a thread about my pendant and pin.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2009 1:11:17 PM
Author: DoctorBear
Imdanny P: 5/16/2009 3:08:18 AM

I think it's exquisite. Thank you. I like rose cut diamonds, too, and gold, and opal is my mother's favorite stone. I especially like the tassels (I don't know if this is the right word) that hang down on the bottom. I would like to see more! Thank you again.

Hi Imdanny, I am so glad that you like my pendant, I love it (and by the way, I call them tassels too!) I also love gold, opals, diamonds and emeralds! Opals and emeralds were both supposed to be unlucky stones, but seeing as my lucky number is 13, it has never worried me. I have lots of opal jewellery, and especially love what was known as 'black' opals.

Hi DoctorBear, I like your ring a lot! Thanks for showing it to us!

One of my best friends has 13 as her lucky number. It might be surprising to some people, but there are many people who have 13 as their lucky number. Cartier sells a "13" charm. It hasn't worried you, nor should it.

What are 'black' opals?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely pieces. Isn''t it amazing the amount of work that went into Victorian items?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results