shape
carat
color
clarity

All metal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkygalore

Rough_Rock
Hi, newbie and lurker here, wondering about the all metal rings at Mitchell Whitney Turnbough (his site here.)

r_r_2_pl.jpg

Has anyone seen something like this in person, or know a different company/jeweler able to recreate it? I know it''s not quite a diamond, but this site seems full of generally knowledgeable people. We''ve been talking about something classic but unique (and are about to both head to school) and this seemed to fit the bill. I''d rather forgo the sparkle and have something I''ll wear forever.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Cute! But expensive and kind of gimmicky. I can see the appeal if you don''t want to get a diamond. It says "diamond engagement ring" without *being* a diamond engagement ring or something that''s pretending to be a diamond engagement ring.

The setting should be a cinch for any jeweler to get or make. I don''t know if there woudl be copyright issues with the "stone," though.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like the idea ! I know Tiffany has some earrings like that too. But '5 carat size' - that is one large piece of metal. Have you tried one on? It might be a heavy and very high set ring if the proportions on display are done for all rings. Expensive? Maybe, but this could be the only maker - I surely do not know of any other.

Sort of related... how about a black stone? Black diamonds are not all that great (expensive, crackled or not all that black) but black spinel is very convenient and surprisingly cheap - inexpensive enough to be worth trying out for fun, IMO, even relative to the cost of this ring. I have to admit the metal thing sounds like more fun.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think the idea is very kool, but way over priced...there are alot of other really lovely options. You say you are going off to school? What level/year?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the all metal ring is kind of strange. What about a gemstone instead of a diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results