shape
carat
color
clarity

AGBF''s Traditional Charm Bracelet - Photos

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting a thread about my charm bracelet, as I said that I would, and modeling it after Whitby's thread on her beautiful bracelet. I just looked up the title of her thread and when I did so I saw how colorful and plentiful her charms were. I cannot compete! Mine are almost entirely made up of yellow gold. The only relief from yellow gold, so far, are the ruby eyes of one of my Labrador retriever charms! If I ever get the Tiffany cupcake charm I may get some other colors into the bracelet. Since I love yellow gold, however, I am not complaining.

The bracelet itself is 14K gold, I think. Most of the charms, except for the Rembrandt ones, I was surprised to find, were 18K, though. (I had a chance to examine them when I was photographing them.) Some of them I couldn't see...and I didn't have my loupe or a magnifying glass close at hand!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBFcharmbraceletinyellowgold.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the Labrador retriever with the ruby eyes. He is made out of 18K gold and was added to my bracelet in honor of my beloved yellow Lab, Biscuit.

AGBFdogcharmbraceletinyellowgold2.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The bracelet as a whole.

WholeCharmBraceletAGBF.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to have a dog dish charm.

DogDishCharmAGBF.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given the nature of my daily life, it was only fitting that I had a grocery cart charm, too!

ShoppingCartCharmAGBF.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Given its importance, the colander really should have been much bigger and heavier! Several grams of gold, at least! My daughter lived on pasta for years. (And not because I refused to feed her other things!)

ColanderCharmAGBF.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before I found the Lab with the ruby eyes I had bought this one. I wish I had had two in real life!

TheOtherLabCharmAGBF.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is another picture of the other Lab.

OtherLabCharmAgain1AGBF.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are charms from two of my husband''s and my schools.

TwoOfOurSchoolsCharms2AGBF.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I LOVE IT! I think my favorites are the colander and the grocery cart, those are just too freakin'' cute!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
2/20/2010 6:59:39 PM
Author: monarch64

I LOVE IT! I think my favorites are the colander and the grocery cart, those are just too freakin' cute!!!
Thanks, monnie. I just realized that I didn't put up any close-up photos of my Jeep charm, although I took some! I'm on my third Jeep in real life. When I had a baby somebody told me it was easier to put a baby into a higher wehicle. What that person neglected to mention was that lifting a 90 pound, arthritic, Golden Retriever into a higher vehicle would not be easier! I had to learn that on my own! But poor Brit didn't live too long after we had the baby; there was only a one year overlap. And I can't blame getting Biscuit and a Jeep at the same time on ignorance. I went into getting a huge Lab and a Jeep knowing that when he got older he might get arthritis!

AGBF
34.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a photo of my Jeep charm.

AGBFJeepCharm1.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is another shot of my Jeep charm.

AGBFJeepCharm.jpg

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
LOL AGBF!

after i looked at rachel9's a-m-a-z-i-n-g bracelet and monarch's detailed beauty and lovingdiamond's incredible car charms, i decided mine were flimsy! comparison is an evil thing....

i LOVE your bracelet! i totally want a colander and i definitely want a dog bowl!! this is gorgeous, deb. i love it.

ETA and what about gayletmom's grandmother's classic beauty and socool's lovely bracelet...which she doesn't even *wear*!! all comparison's are bound to lead to disappointment!

and ETA 2 - i would enjoy a few more pics, to be honest...if you have time....
31.gif
i could look at these frigging things all day!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful bracelet!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it and I just love the special meaning of each charm!

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
Lovely bracelet! The jeep is to die for! Thanks for posting them AG
35.gif

Gayletmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Deb,

Thanks so much for sharing your bracelet. I just love it and adore the stories behind each one. I''m also enjoying the fact that another charm bracelet lover is also a yellow gold groupie. I''m glad to know that I''m not the only person figuring that everyone else will come around one day!

I''m getting so many fun ideas about what I want to add to my bracelet. We took the kids skiing in Colorado last week and I walked across a spacious plaza in my ski boots-no easy task-to check out a jeweler that was advertising charms. Skis, boots, sleds and all sorts of inspiration.
26.gif

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
I love your lab with the ruby eyes, and the dogs bowl is just cool! Some amazing details in your charms :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have wanted to add a saucepan and a frying pan charm to my bracelet for a while. I recently bought what was advertised as a "two-tone" 14K gold pot and lid charm and that looked, in a picture, like a rose gold and yellow gold charm. In reality it was disappointing. Not only was it one tone (plain yellow), but it was small. It did not have a moveable lid as some charms have (which I had known). (I had foregone that in order to get the "two-tone" I had been promised.)

It is now being soldered onto my bracelet. This is a picture (from the ''net) of the charm, however. I may have a frying pan custom made. I saw a vintage one whose lines I really liked. I may have that look copied by someone. Most frying pan charms are not very graceful!

AGBF
34.gif

TwoToneGoldPotCharm.jpg

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love your bracelet, Deb. I have a Pandora, but that has a very different type of feel to it.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lovely bracelet and of course great charms, Deb. Thanks for sharing!

cheers--Sharon

krisalyn

Rough_Rock
whitby,

Look at this dog bowls! isn''t it cute with a little diamond bone in it?

dog bowl.jpg

krisalyn

Rough_Rock
here''s another one!

Sorry, i got the picture mixed up.

the previous one came with diamonds and sapphires

dog bowl 2.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful bracelet, what a great collection!

I love the dog bowl with the diamond bone, that is so cute!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Nice! Love your charm bracelet!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you whitby, vespergirl, mrssalvo, Laila, Rachel, Gayle, AussieNic, Marian, Sharon, Lori, Diamond*Dana, and Luckyeshe! I really appreciate having such a warm community of women looking at my unfinished charm bracelet and encouraging me with such great compliments! This community is awesome about doing that (which is probably why it is so enabling!). I do have to point out that I do not own the cute charm of the dog bowl with the diamond bone! I do not want to sail under a false flag ;-).

I am still awaiting the making of a cast high karat gold cupcake charm by an Etsy artist who usually works in fine silver clay. When it is done, I will have it and the Tiffany cupcake charm that I recently purchased added to my charm bracelet. As I think I said above, it has had a sauce pan soldered onto it since I last photographed it, so when I take another picture it should be sporting three more charms. I am still looking for or planning to make the right frying pan :).

Thank you for your support!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
krisalyn -

those dog bowls are beautiful! where did they come from?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results