shape
carat
color
clarity

About how much should it cost to set a diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jugarelly

Rough_Rock
I have a ring with a cz in it and am going to have the cz replaced with a diamond of almost the exact same size. I''m going to need to have a local jeweler do it, and I wanted to go in having an idea of what it should cost. Can anyone give me a ballpark?

Thanks!

OcMrsB

Rough_Rock
its been awhile since i had a loose stone set but i think it was around $40-$50

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yesterday I was in Jareds and they said would be either $23 or $26. Can''t remember which amount.

jugarelly

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to safeguard myself from getting ripped off.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
When you call around you can find a place that will set your diamond while you wait, which would be preferable.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our local fees run about $25 per quarter carat but it does vary between jewelers.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/20/2010 5:05:33 PM
Author:jugarelly
I have a ring with a cz in it and am going to have the cz replaced with a diamond of almost the exact same size. I''m going to need to have a local jeweler do it, and I wanted to go in having an idea of what it should cost. Can anyone give me a ballpark?

Thanks!
I think it really depends on the carat and if they accept liablity for setting. My local bench charged me $100 for a 1 1/2 carat.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If they can use the same head, about $50. If the head gets damaged removing the stone, $75 for new head and $50.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never spent more that $20-$30 to set a stone using the same head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results