shape
carat
color
clarity

A watch for him

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jo

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I''m trying to find a good watch for my husband. He''s athletic; likes diving. He''s casual, not big on wearing suits. He''s not into fancy names like Cartier or Rolex.

Can anyone recommend a good watch that is sporty, durable and good looking? My budget is under $1000.

He has a Swiss Army watch with metal band already.

Thanks.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
I have always liked Seiko watches. They are kinda "middle of the pack" - not really expensive but not really cheap. Most Seiko's can be had from $200-$500.

If he is looking for a watch he can dive with you may want to look at these:

Seiko Diving Watches

I have a Seiko Titanium Kintetic watch. It is so light compared to the gold or stainless steel watches I have had - and has held up better. The combination of a Titanium case with a Sapphire like crystal means it will hold up to alot of abuse. I did have to have it serviced after 3 years though.

Seiko Titanium

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I just recently got my husband a Luminox Navy Seal dive watch for a very casual watch he can do yard work or swim in. I think it was about $200 to $300-ish.

DiamondLil

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I think the watch of our generation is Tag Heuer. They're classy but sporty at the same time - and in your price range!

They're the Rolexes for younger 20-or-30-somethings.

Some Bvlgari watches (the sportier ones) are around $1k as well.

You're so sweet! Good luck!!!

Camellia

Shiny_Rock
Have you checked out the Oris watches. Their prices are really good in Australia. They are automatic which appeals to watch afficiandos but really good looking. My husband has the BC3 plus and the TT1 chronograph. I really like the TT1. This is the website http://www.oris-watch.com/english/index.htm

DavidEmslie

Shiny_Rock
If your looking for something special and not common but well made, have you looked at Elysee? Thats what I wear personaly, people can tell they are good watches but cant figure out exactly who they are. Been around for years but they make the watches for other companies, they did there own line for a short time and they are pretty neat.

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
I actually got my fiance an "engagement watch" which was a titanium citizen watch from www.princetonwatches.com . They had an awesome deal, great customer service, and were very professional and fast in shipping it. It's a great watch and he loves it here's the link if you want to check it out http://www.princetonwatches.com/shop/BL0060-56H.asp . I couldn't find it cheaper anywhere, and it's a great style for everyday wear. It's an eco-drive, which runs on perpetual motion (just the natural movements of your arms while you wear it will make it run). Very cool watch - they also have more specific watches for activities like aviation, diving, etc. Good luck!

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
One more thing if you use Princeton Watches - they'll list the Retail Price on the page with the watch, and you have to click "add to cart" to see the discount price (don't worry - you're not locked into buying it if you push that button because you can always remove it from the cart!). I guess the reason for this is in accordance with some law - other websites had the same thing...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results