carat
color
clarity

A Budget Watch Search

tuckie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hello!
I'm a lurker mostly in the RockyTalky and SMTB forums but I thought that this would be the right place (correct me if I am wrong) to get some ideas from you experts about a watch.
I have a movado bracelet-type watch that was a gift from my parents about 8 years ago - which I like. I wear it and some cheapie fashion watches from time to time but not daily.

I want a watch that I'll want to wear daily, that is going to be appropriate for my corporate job, but also be something I can wear with casual clothes, etc.
Dream watch - Cartier Tank Francaise with leather strap :love: But the price is just not accessible for me right now.
Budget - $500ish
Likes: Tank-style, leather straps, not giant faces, any metal is a possibility (I have light, but olive-ish skin). I'm open to pre-loved, vintage, etc.
About me: I'm 30, I wear fairly tailored, classic clothes, I have a 6.25in wrist and I'm rather short so I don't want something giant.

I know little about watches so I'm looking for some sources of ideas - what would you consider? how would you buy? Maybe this can be fun?

Thanks in advance,
Tuckie

movado_tuckie.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Michael Kors watches are in your price rNge and they have so many styles to choose from!

ZachB

Rough_Rock
Maybe look towards a Raymond Weil watch. I'm sure you could find something from them and it will be much better than most middle of the mall "fashion" watches. By no means is a RW anything like a Cartier, but they do make decent watches for their price point. Especially if you can find one pre-owned.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results