color
clarity

11.35 Carat Green Sapphire Ring - Opinions

Chewmatca

Rough_Rock
Hi

Came across this and wondering if its good value:

img_2649.jpg

(Price is Negotiable - in Australian Dollars so approx $5000 USD )

I don't have much info yet as it was sell on behalf. (Custom made ring from an Australian Sapphire)

I cant see any flaws in it with my eyes, awaiting to see if its had any professional valuations or certificates. I would be looking to purchase it as an investment.

Regards
Matt

Chewmatca

Rough_Rock
slightly different angle, in sunlight it has hues of blue as you rotate it. Mrs Likes it...

img_2648.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It really depends on the sapphire. Natural and untreated vs heavily treated vs synthetic. The ring itself is pretty standard, so the value would be mostly in the stone itself and the gold weight.

However, if you are looking for an investment, stay away. If you are buying retail, a lot of the value is lost as soon as you buy it. Reselling it later is often neither fast nor easy. Unless you are buying true museum grade stones (the kind that sell at major auctions) or you are lucky enough to buy very early in a new find (such as the Loliondo spessertites or Mahenge spinels several years ago), investing in gemstones doesn't get much of a return.

Chewmatca

Rough_Rock
Thanks Got a little more info - its natural and has not been treated, it has an inclusion which is visible but does not break the surface. Talked to the owner who also found it on his claim. Insurance valuation he had done was 11500 which i take with a pinch of salt. All good just thought it was a good size for a natural sapphire for the price but i don't think its investment grade... he was non negotiable. If i could of grabbed it for $4k id have done it.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful :love: (I'd love to know the vendor please!) but parti-sapphires are not commercially popular so I'd just buy it to enjoy it - not as investment.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, that colour isn't investment material. If you plan to buy it for personal enjoyment, I would try to negotiate the pricing much lower.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results