shape
carat
color
clarity

100 year old diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

myantiquediamond

Rough_Rock
I am curious as to where I can research my 100 year old diamond ring that has graced my hand for 30 years and obviously my famil''s for a little more than 100.

I know little to nothing about diamonds and I am intrigued by this antique asscher cut, which looks strikingly similar to my ring but it is hard to be sure, considering I trust no-one with my ring.

Any helpful places or information on where to research antique pieces would be much appreciated.

THANKS!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Hi, myantiquediamond... Welcome!

If you could post some pictures of your treasure, I''m sure some of the experts here could tell you more about it. (And of course, antique nuts like me would love to see it!)

I found this very brief asscher history at: www.nelsonrarities.com/dir01-12/asschercut.html . I''m sure there''s more if you google: "asscher cut history".

Apparently the asscher was first created at the turn of the century, which means if yours is indeed an asscher, it''s a very early and rare one!

It is my understanding that the older ones are often quite deep (meaning that they''re ''chunky'' and carry a lot of weight for their size,) and often have visible culets (their bottom "point" is cut off so that it almost looks like a ''hole''...square or rectangular... in the center of the stone when looking down at it.)

I am by no means an expert, but there are plenty here. PLEASE PLEASE post a picture so they can help more and we can all drool!
3.gif

If you know the dimensions of the stone (is it certed?), that would help, too..

widget

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results