shape
carat
color
clarity

EGL India

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ninni

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know if the EGL certifactes from India are ok?

Have heard bad reports reg the ones from Israel
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never heard of them, do you have any more info? Who is selling a diamond with this certification??? Experts???????

Ninni

Rough_Rock
Yeah well they have a store in the uk and i know there are egl labs all over i just wondered if the had a bad rep like israel
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where is the store in the UK? I would be very dubious buying a diamond certified by a company like EGL India I had never heard of, you would probably be safer sticking with GIA or EGL USA. I will have a look to see if I can find out anymore info. Is there a particular diamond you are interested in? If you post more info we may be able to help you more.

Ninni

Rough_Rock
Not sure thats fair to say. They are from India and the diamonds are from there too so thats probably why.
Isnt EGL the same all lover?
33.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently not, EGL standards can vary I am told according to which lab and where did the grading. If you run a search on the above search tool, this has been discussed before. I would not buy a diamond without much research into not only which lab graded the diamond, but also where the lab was located, e.g USA, Israel etc. I think you will find that many educated consumers feel the same way. What are you intending to buy? If you only want to buy a diamond from EGL India you are drastically narrowing your choices, I do not know enough about this Indian lab to comment on their grading standards, I don't know if anyone else does? If you feel comfortable with them then that's fine and I hope you get the diamond you want.
Also you are saying that EGL Israel has a bad reputation, is that fair either? You said it that you have heard bad reports about EGL Israel and if you are concerned that EGL India isn't up to standard isn't that all the more reason to research carefully???? All I am trying to point out is to get as much information as you can before purchasing and a large part of that is to take into account which lab grades the diamond as this can also affect the price you pay for the stone. By the way, you might want to look on Ebay, there are lots of companies selling Indian diamonds there, they might be able to help you more!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results