shape
carat
color
clarity

when did you start?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not getting married until November, and I only have around 10 lbs to lose. The problem is that I am already considered a healthy weight, I already workout about 4 or 5 times a week and eat healthily. It''s just that I know that I look my best when I am about 10 lbs lighter. My question is how soon do I start really cutting back or upping my exercise routine? Should I just maintain my weight until july or august? Or would you start now?

Thanks!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
I should add that my body really likes to be at my current weight. It is very hard for me to maintain 10 lbs lighter. Its just that I have chubby cheeks even when my body looks ok, and I dread all of the wedding photos!!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I would probably start now and go very slowly with it so that when it comes time for dress fittings, you can get it just right...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would start right now and as Steph said work at it slowly. Your body will adjust to things better if it''s gradual.

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
I would also advice you start now. There is nothing worse then being in crunch mode to plan a wedding and to have your weight on your mind. If you wish to lose 10lbs then start now and you can be the judge yourself later on to see if you need to make it more intense or if you can maintain it.
Keep in mind that you will have alot of tasting to go to and parties to attend (like your bachelorette etc) and that is not fun when you have to keep to a diet.
Good luck!

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I feel your pain! I would also like to lose 10lb, but it's tough because my body is already healthy and I eat healthy, so it's hard to really cut back. If I were you I'd start working on it now. I know that I have a very hard time losing weight and that it comes off very gradually, so the more time I have the better. It would be a shame if you waited a few months and then weren't able to get up the momentum to lose weight in time. Just lose it a little at a time rather than losing it all in 3 months or something. If you spread it out, you'll get to your ideal weight in early fall and you won't have to work that hard to get there.

Good luck! It's tough to be in this position because a lot of people are tempted to say "But you already look good!" Well, yeah, we're healthy, but that doesn't mean we don't want to look our best!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Steph. I''d start now and really do it slowly.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with the others. Also, as you get closer to the wedding, you may start to lose weight/gain weight unexpectedly depending on how your body deals with stress. I am getting married in July and dropped 6 lbs. over the holidays. I think it has to do with some digestive issues I''ve been having, but I freaked a little because I stress HARDCORE and got really worried that my weight will fluctuate even more and my dress won''t fit! Good luck!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
yeah i think i will! i finally started weighing myself, so that''s my first step! I have been so hungry lately, I had 3 double stuffed oreos yesterday, on top of a lindt truffle and hot chocolate. I think I will officially start to be good tomorrow :)

Thanks for all of the input!!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2009 9:34:09 AM
Author:cocolaw
I''m not getting married until November, and I only have around 10 lbs to lose. The problem is that I am already considered a healthy weight, I already workout about 4 or 5 times a week and eat healthily. It''s just that I know that I look my best when I am about 10 lbs lighter. My question is how soon do I start really cutting back or upping my exercise routine? Should I just maintain my weight until july or august? Or would you start now?

Thanks!
Well if you are working out already then you might want to slowly cut back your calories. I think and I think many people will agree losing weight is 80% about eating food and 20% exercise.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results