shape
carat
color
clarity

water weight/ quick toning

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
hi everyone! While i have miles to before i ever feel "fit", i have a wedding to go to this weekend and i want to make sure to keep off any excess water or extra weight so my dress remains to look fab on me.
Any suggestions on what to eat, or not eat, and drink (and not drink) etc? What about toning? i know i am not going to drop any weight (nor am i excepting too!) or lose inches, i would just like some tips to tone up a bit (if any).
So far, this is what i have
Drink:
No beer, preferable no wine, but no more than a 1/2 glass
Reg coffee only, no more than one cup a day --- replace with tea if possible (so far, so good!)
Drink lots of water
Drinking juices as a snack, rather than just snacking (which i am TERRIBLE AT)

Food:
no extra salt!
chicken(baked or roasted, no skin), tuna and veggies
no cand

Exercise:
Swimming when i can at least 10 minutes a day (I''m a terrible swimmer, but everything helps, right?)
lunges and high steps (stepping to where your knees come parallel with your hips), push ups in the morning
Getting up and walking around the cubical''s in the morning when i am without work to do

any other suggestions? I am not looking for a intense high paced work out, as this is my schedule, which is killer enough (and keeping the weight on
39.gif
)
work 1 330 am - 11am
break 11am - 2 pm (when i go swimming if i am not exhausted)
work 2 2pm - 6 pm
home by 6:30pm, make dinner
in bed by 8:30, awake at 2:45am.

As you can see i am pretty much burning the candle at both ends, but right now staying afloat is important!

any suggestions or tips?
35.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
While I don't recommend this long term, although many trainers would, stay away from dairy for at least a week before the wedding. You'd be surprised how much of a difference it makes, but it isn't easy!

ETA: Watch out for all those juices. Sugar won't help. Try eating an apple or orange for a snack.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thanks! I should mention i am drinking the Naked juices, not dole apple (which i only drink if i have a extreme headach..for the sugar!). I definateley prefer to eat apples and oranges whole, which i am going to try to do more of. Right now blood oranges are in, so i will be eating a ton of those
18.gif

I don''t know if i could stay away from dairy (as i type this, i just polished off two cheese bites). Plus i don''t get enough calcium as it is. But no heavy creams for sure.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Veggies, lean meats/proteins, and lots of water (and no juice, alcohol, limited fruit, etc.) It isn't pretty but it is what bodybuilders eat/drink for days before a meet to look really cut. Certainly won't hurt for a few days. You really do need to stay away from all sugar, alcohol, and dairy though if you really want to maximize the effect.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:19:02 AM
Author:jcarlylew
hi everyone! While i have miles to before i ever feel 'fit', i have a wedding to go to this weekend and i want to make sure to keep off any excess water or extra weight so my dress remains to look fab on me.

Any suggestions on what to eat, or not eat, and drink (and not drink) etc? What about toning? i know i am not going to drop any weight (nor am i excepting too!) or lose inches, i would just like some tips to tone up a bit (if any).

So far, this is what i have

Drink:

No beer, preferable no wine, but no more than a 1/2 glass

Reg coffee only, no more than one cup a day --- replace with tea if possible (so far, so good!)

Drink lots of water

Drinking juices as a snack, rather than just snacking (which i am TERRIBLE AT)

Food:

no extra salt!

chicken(baked or roasted, no skin), tuna and veggies

no cand

Exercise:

Swimming when i can at least 10 minutes a day (I'm a terrible swimmer, but everything helps, right?)

lunges and high steps (stepping to where your knees come parallel with your hips), push ups in the morning

Getting up and walking around the cubical's in the morning when i am without work to do

any other suggestions? I am not looking for a intense high paced work out, as this is my schedule, which is killer enough (and keeping the weight on
39.gif
)

work 1 330 am - 11am

break 11am - 2 pm (when i go swimming if i am not exhausted)

work 2 2pm - 6 pm

home by 6:30pm, make dinner

in bed by 8:30, awake at 2:45am.

As you can see i am pretty much burning the candle at both ends, but right now staying afloat is important!

any suggestions or tips?

35.gif

I would cut out the juice all together. Juice has a lot of sugar and sodium which can make you bloated. If you really want to make a difference, don't touch any processed grains (white rice, white bread, crackers, chips) and limit whole grains (brown rice OK). Cut out dairy and watch what veggies you're eating. Go for leafy greens and veggies like celery. Avoid veggies that can give you gas like broccoli, cauliflower, peppers, cucumbers, etc. The most important thing is to drink a lot of water and tea is good because it's a diuretic. I'd drink the tea black without sugar.

ETA: Get as much activity in as you can. I know you said you're busy, but try walking everywhere you can and take the stairs as much as possible. You could also try lifting weights/doing crunches/push ups while you're watching TV or waiting for dinner to cook. Do ballet-like exercises while standing at the kitchen counter cooking dinner.

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
thank you all for the tips!
I''ll definitely be watching the foods that i eat regarding processed grains. happily its not a food i crave so i will be okay there. I have to eat some fruit each day (to have on hand) because i am prone to headaches. The sugar helps balance me out.
Hudson - to bad you named all my favorite veggies to eat! I would love to be able to walk more, unfortunately i work in a very seedy part of the city, so for the first job, that is just not possible. however the second job is a wonderful neighborhood to walk in, and there is a hill for good measure
25.gif
. I was hoping to get a thigh master for work (since i work 8 hours a day sitting and taking phone calls) but alas, there are non to be found except online!

Like i said i am not going for a crazy fast, or expectation to lose tons of weight in just one week. I just want to make sure i am not loading up on everything that would hinder me looking fab in the dress
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results