shape
carat
color
clarity

Using Wii fit to tone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angel_nieves

Brilliant_Rock

I recently bought a Wii fit to work on my balance and it looked fun. I did the yoga exercise and wow I actually felt the burn. Has any one used this as a way to tone their body? I really don’t like going to a gym, I walk every day but really would like to tone up some areas. Any one on here own a Wii fit and use it as a way to help tone?

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
sorry, I don''t have a Wii. I would also never set foot in a gym.

I have a PS3 and have been using the Nike Kinetic game to tone my abs. it REALLY works. my abs look great and my waist has become slimmer. I do the exercises 3x per week. it has Easy, Medium and Hard level. I''ve been doing it since June and am at Medium level.

in addition to that, I use dumbbells to tone my arms.

soon I''ll be buying a dance mat for the PS3 to do the dancing game so that I can start doing cardio.

enjoy!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t tried it, but would be interested to know if it works GL to you!
36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I get quite a workout with Guitar Heroes, wonder what an ACTUAL fitness game would do....

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My neighbor lost 15 lbs and she credits it to eating less and using Wii fit.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
I do! I do!

I love my Wii and love the Wii Fit add-on even more. 5 pounds off and counting!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve heard of people getting sports injuries using the Wii!

Why not lift weights? The Jari Love series works very nicely and you''ll see results even using low-weight levels.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2008 5:18:59 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 9/7/2008 4:41:42 PM
Author: MC
I''ve heard of people getting sports injuries using the Wii!

Why not lift weights? The Jari Love series works very nicely and you''ll see results even using low-weight levels.
arniesmile.gif
I''m just too lazy...
6.gif

hehe23.gif
I''m lazy too. I found the best is to pick the main target zones that will make a body look better and then slack on the rest! lol Doing squats and firming the rear end do a world of difference and perk up the back side and make jeans fit infinetly better. Also doing the arms AND the pecks do a world of difference if you like to show off your shorts or wear low cut shirts! lol
2.gif
I slack on the abs though. They''re too much ACTUAL work!

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
We got a Wii fit a couple of weeks ago, and I was really good about using it for the first 10 days. Then I got interrupted, and I was afraid to go back because it makes smart remarks at me! That''s right, I''m intimidated by my computer games.
3.gif

I did use it Sunday night finally, and I was doing yoga. I was doing pretty well, and all of a sudden my balance was completely off on the screen. I couldn''t figure out why - I was doing the tree pose, and I thought I was pretty solid.

Then I discovered the culprit.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
That''s what she thinks too. When I try to use the Wii Fit, she comes right over now so that we can play our new game. I try to shove her off with my foot, she tries to bat my foot and stay on.

corgan

Shiny_Rock
I just bought a Wii and a Wii fit yesterday and so far hubby and I have played 6 hours on it! I am totally in love! Of course today I am very sore. I did notice though that some of the moves are difficult and I know you could easily injure yourself so you have to make sure you are doing the moves correctly. I also found the running one to be very difficult as you tend to move, I almost flipped out on the board as I hadn''t realized that I had moved a foot forward. I am hoping to use this thing everyday if I can it definitely make working out so much more fun.

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
So adorable!!!

Reminds me of my cat who gets over-stimulated and starts smacking the TV screen when she sees the races going on Mario Kart.
1.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Great to know that it''s helpful with weight loss. We are still trying to get one.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping for one for my birthday.
3.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/14/2008 8:12:14 AM
Author: corgan
I just bought a Wii and a Wii fit yesterday and so far hubby and I have played 6 hours on it! I am totally in love! Of course today I am very sore. I did notice though that some of the moves are difficult and I know you could easily injure yourself so you have to make sure you are doing the moves correctly. I also found the running one to be very difficult as you tend to move, I almost flipped out on the board as I hadn''t realized that I had moved a foot forward. I am hoping to use this thing everyday if I can it definitely make working out so much more fun.
I''m glad you are enjoying your new Wii and Wii fit. It is a lot of fun, isn''t it? I am with you on the running though - I find myself practically tripping over the board because I keep inching forward as I "run in place"
3.gif
I love that I now have an option for working out when the weather is bad - no excuses!

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/26/2008 2:51:37 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

I''m glad you are enjoying your new Wii and Wii fit. It is a lot of fun, isn''t it? I am with you on the running though - I find myself practically tripping over the board because I keep inching forward as I ''run in place''
3.gif
I love that I now have an option for working out when the weather is bad - no excuses!

I bet I can still give you some excuses
1.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 5:53:52 PM

Date: 9/26/2008 2:51:37 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

I''m glad you are enjoying your new Wii and Wii fit. It is a lot of fun, isn''t it? I am with you on the running though - I find myself practically tripping over the board because I keep inching forward as I ''run in place''
3.gif

I bet I can still give you some excuses
1.gif
Hehe I know what you mean
11.gif

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/9/2008 12:52:01 PM
Author: pjean
We got a Wii fit a couple of weeks ago, and I was really good about using it for the first 10 days. Then I got interrupted, and I was afraid to go back because it makes smart remarks at me! That''s right, I''m intimidated by my computer games.
3.gif

I did use it Sunday night finally, and I was doing yoga. I was doing pretty well, and all of a sudden my balance was completely off on the screen. I couldn''t figure out why - I was doing the tree pose, and I thought I was pretty solid.

Then I discovered the culprit.
LOL how cute. Too funny.

FI just bought me a Wii Fit. I have been trying to get it for months to no avail. FI woke up early AM to line up at the nintendo store in NYC to get me one.... Ohhh I loove this man. I just gor it so I cannot provide any feedback yet. The only thing I can say is that I woke up pretty sore after doing yoga and running for about 2 hrs on and off. I was wondering the same thing. I would be great if I can use this thing to tone up. Please keep the answers coming, I would be fab if this thing really works.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
Well I''ve never tried a Wii work out program however, Wii Bowling kicked my butt! I love that game but boy do I feel it the next day! My back and upper arm gets so sore...I swear I never new I had muscles there! My suggestion is to take it slowly. Make sure you stretch before and after the routine. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results