carat
color
clarity

Summer Healthy Living Thread

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

NIce walk by the river and a strenuous hour of yoga. Just what I needed to get the work stress out of my hair....

Hope everyone is well and that your head, Degee, did not explode!

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, glad you were able to get in a nice walk and workout to get rid of some stress. That sounds like a great way to spend some time.

Deegee, I am with Sharon - I hope your head didn't explode.

I had a busy day at work. We met the in-laws for supper and then went with them to have a drink. I had to sync up my iPad when we got home - the last time I synched I lost all of my music. It's back now. We were going to torment a guy at work today with Christmas music but my iPod library was mostly bare.

I am off to bed 15 minutes early. Sweet.

Have a great Friday.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy, I'm back from my whirlwind 3-day tour of the US, and my head didn't explode! Food was good, but oh so BAD!!! We were at the mercy of wherever our host in each city took us and there was no opportunity to eat healthy food. My favorite place was the restaurant in Baton Rouge. It was a seafood place and I don't do seafood, but I had the best cajun chicken pasta that I've ever had. Yum. I ate really light today and will have to do so for a while. I'm sure I gained a few pounds the last few days thanks to too much food & drink. We flew on the 9-seat private plane and I sat right behind the pilots. They were so sweet and kept checking on me to make sure I wasn't in too much pain with my ears. They kept offering me water, coffee, soda and snacks. I thought that was really nice. It was very cool to watch out the front windows during takeoff and landing, and to hear the pilots communicating with the towers. I watched a plane take off from one end of the runway a couple of minute before we landed on the other end. You don't get to see that out the side windows. I think it's going to take the entire weekend for me to rest up for next week. I have a 9 am meeting on Monday morning to discuss what we learned on our trip. I'm pooped! Have a great Sunday!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi. I hope you are having a great weekend.

We had our astronomy meeting last night and got home about 9:30. We had to get up at 4 am today so it was a short night. Marty had a tee time at 7:30 in Denver so we were on the road by 5 am. Ugh. We got to the golf course at about 6:50. I was going to meet my sister and brother-in-law for breakfast at 8:45 and since I had no idea how to kill time at that time of day for about 90 minutes I just drove over to their house. We had breakfast, did some shopping then I helped my sister do some things around her house.

Her family, my parents and us were all going to meet at 4 for an early supper so my sister and I took off early for the jewelry store. I wanted a sapphire band to wear sometimes with my ering. I tried on about a dozen and while none of them were exactly what I wanted I ended up getting a 1/4 ct channel set band with diamonds and sapphires in it. It is similar to my regular anniversary band. I really liked a 1/2 carat diamond / sapphire band with 5 stones in it but I thought it was too much with my ering. I liked a ring with diamonds and marquis sapphires that were bezel set. I actually really liked the style but the sapphires were pretty dark in that setting. If I find I don't like the band I picked; I'll have a nice trade in on my next piece of jewelry. LOL. I took a picture with my phone. I had to leave it to be size up a titch but here is a picture of it.

We had supper at a Buca di Beppo. There were 14 of us so we ordered a lot of different food and tried some of each. It was fun.

Tomorrow is house cleaning and laundry day. Yuck!
Have a great day.
Marcy

sapband.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marcy-I like the new band with your ering. That's the nice thing about a solitaire-you can mix up the bands. Im going to reset my ring into either a 3 stone or side pears (maybe for my anniversary), and then im going band shopping! I love Buca di Beppo, but we don't have one anywhere near us. Matt and I went once when we were out of town, and it just wasn't the same with only 2 people.

I have played on my iPad and watched football all day. I had grapes and strawberries for breakfast, and a fiber bar for lunch. We're getting ready to go grocery shopping and to eat dinner, if I can get my lazy rear off the couch to get in the shower. My neighbors had a tree trimmed today and the person doing it showed up at the crack of dawn with the chainsaw right across the street from my bedroom window. I'm so bleh from my trip and was really looking forward to sleeping in today. Grrrr to the chainsaw guy. Have a great day tomorrow!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deegee, Grr to noisy neighbor's at the crack of dawn. Sorry your plans for sleeping in were ruined by the guy they hired to take down the tree. Some people just don't think about other people. Sigh. I hope you rested up today with your iPad and watching TV. Sounds like exactly what I did too. Did the flying bother your head? Thank you about my new band. I am really enjoying having the solitaire ring because I can change things up pretty easily. I tried on a scattered diamond band with it too and I did like it but since I was looking for a sapphire band I put it back.

I kind of slept in today and then sat in the living room under a fleece blanket watching TV and playing with my iPad. I took a shower about 9:30 and started laundry. Marty played golf this morning. I made us baked potatoes, corn on the cob and me a burger - Marty 2 sausages for lunch. We ate about 2 so hopefully I am finished with kitchen duty for the day. I should go buy groceries but I am resisting venturing out so far.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. Well I have another new employee now. Hopefully wen will get the 2 new girls trained and able to work solo in a month of so. I will try to keep myself available to help get some of their tasks done.

I had cheerios and a peach for breakfast, lean cuisine for lunch, a taco and ice cream bar for supper. After supper I went to the grocery store and made it out of their in about 35 minutes. That was so much better than going on the weekend.

Take care.
Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hello! I decided to take off work today. I'm feeling some major jet lag. I only went to work yesterday because the project manager scheduled a meeting first thing to go over what we learned from out trip, and then she called off yesterday without telling the rest of us ahead of time. I think the other 8 of us probably would have stayed home as well to rest up. I dragged through the day and decided to stay home today. After finally getting some sleep, I'm out running errands. Right now I'm at the Acura dealer for an oil change and tire rotation for my car. Afterwards I'm going to get a hair cut. I love getting stuff done! I'm going to stop for fruit on the way home and then hopefully have time to do some laundry later. We're having either homemade pizza or spaghetti for dinner. I'm hoping it stops raining before evening so we can take our walk. It's amazing how much energy a good night of sleep will give you!!

marcy-my head didn't feel great on the trip, but it didn't feel like it was going to explode so I'm very thankful. I have the business card of the very nice pilot who kept checking on me during each flight, so I'm going to send him a thank-you card. I really appreciate that he was concerned. I'm glad you have another employee. Good luck with training her! I had to have conversations with 2 of my employees last month. My new person did better for about 2 weeks, and she's sliding back again. It really hurts that I'm stuck on this project and not there to work with her to figure out why she's having problems. I like the scattered diamond bands too. There are so many possibilities with a solitaire!

I have only eaten a banana today, so I think I'll go through a Wendy's drive thru for a hamburger on the way to my haircut lady's. Have a great day!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone! :wavey:

Deegee, I am glad you were able to take today off and get some rest. A good night's sleep is always a treat for me too. I hope you like your new haircut. That is really nice a pilot kept checking on you on the plane, that is really customer service. Sorry your employee has slipped back again. I had a team meeting today and hopefully generated some team spirit with the newbees. I think they will both be pretty good but I'll know more in a few months.

I had a busy day at work and ended up staying late. We had steak cooked on the grill with rice and corn on the cob for supper. I put up 1/2 of my steak for lunch tomorrow but Marty finished the rice tonight so I'll either have baked lays or cottage cheese with it. Marty gets a Maria Callendar's frozen entree. Surprise. He's not a fan of frozen meals but it's the best I have for him tomorrow.

I get my sapphire / diamond band tomorrow. Sweet. I hope I still like it. If not, I've got a nice deposit on something else. Ha Ha.

Take care.
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Managed top get to the pool yesterday and do my gig--and a long walk by the river today. Leaves are changing color and it was very warm--such a treat for this time of the year!

Hope everyone is well! P.S. Marcy--I think we need a "Fall Healthy Living Thread!" (hope you enjoy your new ring...)

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone. I hope you had a great over the hump day. I was busy at work but it made the day just fly by. Woo hoo. I left roast cooking in our crock pot so we had supper ready when we got home. Marty went out to meet a friend for a drink tonight so I spent a few hours printing out business cards and stickers for my sister. She makes Barbie and American Girl doll clothes and sells them at craft shows and other assorted places. She isn't too good on a computer so I make up brochures and business cards for her. It takes me quite a while to print everything but some things she only needs about once a year. The Christmas craft shows are coming soon.

We had a problem at work tonight but luckily it was handled on site and I didn't have to run in to work. Good thing too because Marty has my car and I don't exactly like to drive his F250 extended cab. I feel like I am a fire truck going down the road (it's red too).

Tomorrow we are going to supper with my in-laws again. We are going to an Italian restaurant so I think I'll get spaghetti and have leftovers for our lunch on Friday.

Sharon, I bet the leaves are pretty. I hope we can take a trip to the mountains in a few weeks and see some fall leaves. They are always so pretty. You are one step ahead of me - I thought I'd start a fall thread tomorrow night since the fall equinox will be early Friday morning. I think I am enjoying my new ring - but it matches my Kentucky Blue RHR better than it does my wedding ring. :bigsmile: I'll have to take some pictures and get them posted. It sparkles anyway.

Take care! :wavey:
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results